New Tires For Yamaha Nouvo 135

TBKK

I would like to change the tires on my Nouvo 135 and upgrade to a superior brand.

I currently have IRC tires on the bike now and I would like to upgrade to Michelin, Dunlop, or Pirelli.

I have discovered that these name brands do not provide the original size tires that the Yamaha recommends for this bike.

The recommended tire sizes for this bike are:

Front: 70/90 - 16 M/C

Rear: 80/90 - 16 M/C

The dealer told me that if I wanted to put a Michelin City Pro tire on the bike I would have to change the recommended size to:

Front: 80/80 - 16 M/C

Rear: 90/80 - 16 M/C

I did a little research on the internet and I found out that the so called "experts" recommend not changing the size of the original tires that were that were specified for the bike. The reason being that the engineers from Yamaha have done extensive research on the best tire size for the bike and the bike is designed to ride best by using the recommended tire size.

I would like to go with a better quality brand tire instead of the IRC but I not sure if I should listen to the experts or go ahead and change the original tire size which is recommended by the Yamaha for this bike.

In addition, if I do decide to change the tire size, would Michelin City Pro be about the best quality tire I could put on the bike.

If anyone has any extensive knowledge of this issue, I would appreciate your input.

Where did u buy the pirellis, and how much were they? I have decent Michelins but will change in a few months.

I got the Pirellis at Maxxis on Sukamvit Road. Bought the 10 mm larger Michelin Pilots there before and loved them. The Pirellis are more a low profile tire. Handling is very precise and VERY quick. Can't remember the exact price. I'm thinking 2400 baht or so for two tires. Doesn't matter really because they are dirt cheap considering one's life is hanging on those tires.

Edited by jackcorbett

Bought my Michelin City Pro's at Maxxis also and they are 10mm wider and 10mm lower profile than previous tires.

Price for both was 2200 BAHT.

They told me that they didn't have Pirellis or Dunlops in stock but he said that the City Pro is Michelin's latest model and he has sold quite a lot of them for Yamaha Nouvo.

Noticed a big difference in how the bike handles...........seems to have much better traction on the road.

Very happy with these tires.