Jetski Scams - Chinese translators involved

bbi1

Seems the Jetski scams are still in full swing. Saw 2 Chinese dudes get scammed for 2k baht just after Central Festival opposite the 7-Eleven next to the big vacant block of land. I thought there were 4 Chinese tourists but the other 2 Chinese man and woman were in on the scam to provide translations to the 2 Chinese dudes. The Chinese woman and Thai guy had a good laugh as they were walking off. Seems they got off lightly for 2k. I thought it's usually 15k or 20k. I've heard of an Indian tourist involved on scamming Indians but it's the 1st I've seen of Chinese.

Continued my stroll to Walking St and the last Jetski rental just opposite Soi 13/3 I saw 2 Indian dudes just finish their trip. The Thai guy immediately looked below and started saying there's damage to the Jetski. Didn't hear much else what happened.

Seems the scams are going full swing. Wonder if they will ever stop. Probably never......Stupid tourists don't research on the internet before they travel overseas to a destination.

Edited by bbi1

Not a smart transition going after the Chinese. They scam the wrong Chinese Pricelings and they will get shut down.

Or taken out by Daddy's cronies who will arrive in short order to straighten things out, old school.

Not a smart transition going after the Chinese. They scam the wrong Chinese Pricelings and they will get shut down.

Or taken out by Daddy's cronies who will arrive in short order to straighten things out, old school.

those are news stories I hope to see soon

Perhaps catching tourists on 50cc motorbikes without an international driving license is top priority in Pattaya. Never mind the jet ski scams. Too hot for police to touch now after YouTube videos came out.

Perhaps catching tourists on 50cc motorbikes without an international driving license is top priority in Pattaya. Never mind the jet ski scams. Too hot for police to touch now after YouTube videos came out.

Catching tourists on 50cc motorbikes in Pattaya would not be much of an earner........there are no 50cc here!

Shame on you for not telliing the tourists they were being scammed. Very irresponsible and unhelpful attitude.

You obviously don't know much about Thailand, else you'd realize that attempting to intervene in such a situation would lead to a beating, at best.

Edited by disambiguated

Yup because things like that don't happen in Thailand. Mainland Chinese are usually powerless here. impulse been watching too many HK gangster movies?

Edited by mesterm

This will ever end, has been a part of Thai tourism for years.

It is in a Jetski operators DNA to rip off customers, they just can't help themselves.

It is part of their business plan/model. They are closely related to a lot of taxi drivers and motorcycle rental shops.

Cheeky buggers.

Yup because things like that don't happen in Thailand. Mainland Chinese are usually powerless here. impulse been watching too many HK gangster movies?

Nope. Lived there for 10 years. 94% are powerless in Thailand. Watch out for the others. "Old school" doesn't necessarily mean violence.

nothing changed at all, just they realized it wasnt a good look seeing the city hall officials help with the scams on the beach so they set up opposite the police station to make it look better. that said the most violent scammers at Mikes went out of business thanks to these threads and the general downturn, altho half pint, famous for his physical violence as recorded on youtube, now works opposite 13/2 and is probably still a danger to the public

Sounds like you're condoning the scam by blaming the tourist. Shame on you for not telliing the tourists they were being scammed. Very irresponsible and unhelpful attitude.

Chinese on Chinese,

Thai on Chinese,

have you any problem with this ??

Tourists and scams go together like sausages and mash man.

They have been going on since Thomas Cook first set up shop.

I'm not suggesting it's right etc, but the way you and others of your ilk like to portray this and other tourist rip offs as being unique to Thailand is ludicrous and quite frankly disrespectful to the country that is letting you reside on its shores.

Clearly where you come from wasn't cutting the mustard, & maybe you need to think about upping sticks and going somewhere that appreciates its guests continually denigrating the hospitality and welcome being extended. You wont be missed I reckon

The Indian Guy is not a Tourist, he owns a Tailor Shop on Pattayaland.

Yes he's an o!d Indian guy who walks over to translate for the Indians to tell them that they need to pay or there could be trouble with the police.

They get a small discount off their 20 or 30,000b bill. Then the Indian scammer usually gets 1,000b from the jet ski guy. I've seen it many times opp Royal Gdn Plaza as I used to hav a business nearby.