Pattaya hotel clean, safe, inexpensive near to walking street

Tigerbythetail

Looking for a hotel for 1-2 weeks while I search for apartment in pattaya. Any suggestions? Just wanna keep it at or under 1k per night. And prefer to be within a mile of walking street. Closer the better tho. Want clean and safe. A window or balcony and Internet are nice perks as well. Thanks.

within a mile of walking street

Too many, where to start?

A mile from WS is almost all of south and central Pattaya up to central road.

Includes almost all of Soi Buakhao which has frequent Baht bus connections two way.

Very easy, a few minutes to WS (if you care for).

From personal experience: there are misc. places under 1k with pool, balcony and internet in the Soi Buakhao area.

When do you want to travel?

One example is "Nature View" on Soi Buakhao. Pool view rooms heavy booked, often full, no internet booking. Modern rooms, very good value for the price.

"Opey de Place" on Soi Lengkee (Soi B.) has improved it's internet, I use(d) it often (pool, balcony, ask for upper floor away from the street). Rooms/furniture a bit worn out.

"J&P Court" on Soi Lengkee: it's very long ago that I used it. Was fine at the time. No internet booking.

Many more in that neighborhood.

Edited by KhunBENQ

I'm coming In 1 week. Thanks for the suggestions. To clarify post ...Closer to walking street the better but I'm open to further if cant find nice clean room(not to small) near to walking street. Needs be 1k or less per night with window or balcony and wifi. Don't wanna stay in a closet size room either.

I'm coming In 1 week. Thanks for the suggestions. To clarify post ...Closer to walking street the better but I'm open to further if cant find nice clean room(not to small) near to walking street. Needs be 1k or less per night with window or balcony and wifi. Don't wanna stay in a closet size room either.

Don't worry biggrin.png

An example what you get for 1k in Pattaya.

http://www.natureviewpattaya.com/galleries/

Based on your requirement I would recommend The Hideaway…..a nice new guesthouse set up by a guy who knows what he's doing.

No affiliation to him, just had a nice stay there….right behind The Avenue and my fave supermarket Villa.

Close to Walking Street and home of all bingo players…Soi Buakhao.

https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Hotel_Review-g293919-d8536550-Reviews-The_Hideaway_Guest_House_and_Bar-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

Above all, in this price range avoid Hotels/Guesthouses with only "in Room safety boxes". = Every room-maid knows the combination.

Safety boxes at the reception, requiring the master key plus the customers key are the only way to go.

Cheers.

Good pointers. I wasn't sure but I thought peak season was coming to an end around March. Maybe that's just here northern Thailand chiang Mai region. Maybe I'll just come to hang and scope out the areas. I have a apartment in chiang Mai until May 20 but I'm so tired of this area and people here I'm willing to cut lease and move to patty sooner tho. Maybe I can hold out a couple more months without going crazy. And just come hang there for a week or two. Cheap flights. Either way I need a decent hotel near walking be street to cool my jets until I get an apartment. Thanks for the tips.

Why not a room on Soi Post office between Beach Road and Second Street in South Pattaya ? They are all below 1000 and perfectly safe.

Street life is pretty crazy, but that's why you are in Pattaya, isn't it ? And again, it is all perfectly safe.

Closest to Walking Street is Windy Inn...as it is actually on Walking Street. They have pool and bar right next to the beach. http://windyinn-pattaya.com/room/garden-view-deluxe-room/ In fact it's the only property on the beach in central Pattaya...until you reach the Dusit. So that would be my recommendation. It's also low rise. Only four floors.

Above all, in this price range avoid Hotels/Guesthouses with only "in Room safety boxes". = Every room-maid knows the combination.

Safety boxes at the reception, requiring the master key plus the customers key are the only way to go.

Cheers.

Every room safety box I've seen requires the user to set their own combination the first time they use the box so I don't quite see how every room maid would then know the combination. The management does usually have a master key as guests are prone to forgetting their own combinations at moments of great need but in literally hundreds of Pattaya hotel stays, I have never "lost" anything from a safety box.

There are loads of places available here in Pats and loads of places convenient for WS. I'm glad to have retired here and not CM which I considered. BTW I do not agree about avoiding in room safe boxes. I have always found them to be secure.

Seriously, who lives right in the centre of walking street? Sounds like a nightmare....smart mongers dont crap where they eat.

One had to stand up and say it biggrin.pngthumbsup.gif

With the easy transport in Pattaya all of Beach rd., 2nd rd., Soi Buakhao is convenient.

Why bother for close to WS.

And who bothers for WS anyway.

Less and less attractive to me.

Skipped it on some visits totally.

The OP asked for advice about accommodation near WS. It's not for me to advise him not to go there. After 3 months on CM I don't blame him. However, I also went off WS and avoided it for a couple of years but now I am enjoying it despite the dreadful trance techno and banging house.

Gotta start somewhere. If I get tired of ws I can go other place. I prefer to start where there's higher concentration of good bad girls then I can branch out to where there's less good bad girls when I'm more familiar with patty. I can handle a stint inside ws. compared to other places I've lived will be like a walk in the park. I'm not bringing anything valuable that I won't carry on me, except passport(unless I need to start carrying Passport around??). When i find apartment I'll move all my valuables from cm. thanks all. Sounds like some of you want to keep ws to yourselves. Haha joke.

Yes we visited soi lk metro. Was fun. I had more fun on ws sois. I wondered where to find pretty Russian girls??

If you want Eastern European girls then go to Eastern Europe. However, here in Thailand there are Uzbekistani whores dressed as muslims in Soi 4 Bangkok. Here in Pattaya the EE whores have places on WS. The club called: 'Crazy Russian Girls' is a clue. However I would not swop ten EE girls for one Thai girl. Each to his own. If you wanna crack at straight Russian girls try Cozy Beach area or The Gulag as it is known or around Wongamat in Naklua another Ivan Area. Personally I would stick to Thai girls - much more fun and excellent service. Recently LK Metro has changed for the better as has Soi Buakao - less dingy people, more bars and restaurants and generally a lot less soccer hooligan vibe than in the past. But alas very few Indians, Russian and Arabs so celebration of diversity and multiculturalism might be absent. I guess we can't have everything!

Yes that hotel guide is pimp. Except for giving people's first hand accounts/opinions it's got it all. I can always look those up elsewhere before choosing. Thanks for that.

Yea i saw some sexy Russian girls around. Granted I was only there a week feb 12-17. My uncle said many have fled since their economy and baht conversion rate dropped. I do plan a trip to Amsterdam then Eastern Europe someday. Nice info. Umm Muslim girls. :). But yea Thai girls seems to know how to push all my right buttons. Tho If a hot ee girl ends up in my lap I won't push her off. Haha

Edited by Tigerbythetail