Female spay 16,000+?!?!?!?

Hey everyone! I've been bringing my dog to my local vet without issue for over a year now. Today, I finally inquired about getting her spayed. I was pretty shocked when I was presented a quote of 13,880 (just for surgery, not presurgical screening or post surgery meds = +3500 baht). So I just sat there and looked at them like they were crazy. Am I missing something? How much is a typical spay or neuter here?

Definitely much less than that.

Where do you live? Good choices in the Bangkok area are Kasetsart university Small Animal clinic, Mahidol University Vet Hospital in Slaya, and the Animal Hospital under Royal Patronage out on Ramkamhaeng near the ring road.

I don't recall exact costs but well under 10,000. Maybe around 5,000 inclusive of preliminary blood work.

From that location, go to Kasetsart. (On Pahonyothin just north of Lard Prao). kah.kasetanimalhospital.com

map: https://www.google.co.th/maps/@13.8447939,100.5743495,16z

As it is a giov ernment facility, you'll have tio first go, get check up and blood work then schedule the procedure and there will be a wait. But quality will be good and cost as low as it comes. (More than 1500 though - I forget exactly but I think in the 2,500 - 4,500 range inclusive of the lab work and meds)

The place you have been going to is a complete rip off.

900bht.for our boy taking his weight into consideration 25kilo's then.

Neutering a male is always cheaper, Meatboy. The last one I had done was 1,000.

Spaying a female..... 1,300, but that was several years ago. I would guess 2,500 is about right.

Ouch!!!!!!! Rip off for sure.

We paid 500 baht for the surgery and a few hundred extra for medicines and after care, then again we don't live in a fancy Dan area.

16,000 baht ++ is more than I would pay in England and that's an expensive country. Time to find a new honest vet.

As far as I know around 1,500 baht is the fee.

It is in Khon Kaen University Animal Hospital anyway.

I had 3 bitches spayed about 18 months ago by my regular vet in my smallish KK town. 1,200฿ each including aftercare plus a perhaps few hundred for medicines, based on a weight of about 20kg.

Bangkok prices might be higher but 10x higher is hard to justify.