Changing Non 'O' extension from retirement to marriage

While I'm aware of requirements for retirement, next renewal I will change my extension based on marriage, as it's easier financially for me.

Regarding the amount to show in the bank:

I know it's basically 400K for the previous sixty days, but is that time requirement for the first renewal only, or is it sixty days for renewal every year?

Also the sixty(?) days prior to applying for an extension is the norm, but when the immigration staff invariably make their home visit after that application, is there any chance I might need to keep that 400K in the bank to show them again when they visit?

If so, would the bank book be sufficient, or are they likely to want to see, say, a dated ATM slip to prove the full amount is still there?

I've seen post#2 here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/771415-latest-list-of-requirements-for-non-o-extension-based-on-marriage-bkk-please/ by UbonJoe. Although it was October 2014 and I report to Udon not BKK, I'm not aware of any other changes, apart from the TM28/30 requirements?

The money must be held in the bank for 60 days (two months) prior to the date of application on the first and any subsequent application.

It would be wise to leave the money in the bank until the extension of stay is issued but it is unlikely officers making a visit would ask about finances.

You will need a letter from the bank in addition to the updated bank book.

You should check with your immigration office about their specific requirements (if any)

The 400k baht has to be in the bank for 2 months on the date of application.

I suggest keeping the money in the bank until near the end of the 30 day under consideration period. There have been reports of them checking that the money is still in the bank during the approval process. They will not ask for proof during the home visit.

Here my suggested list of documents.

Unless you are applying at Bangkok you will need 2 sets of copies attached to 2 TM7 application.forms.

Proof of 400k baht in the bank for 2 months by way of a letter from your bank and your bank book.or 40k baht income.proven by a income letter from your embassy.

Copies of your passport photo page and every page that has any stamp or visa for Thailand on it. Copy of TM6 departure card.

Marriage certificate and a updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registry.

Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

Photos of you and your wife in and around the house. One must show you both with the house number shown in it. The number of photos needed varies by office.

Map to your residence from the nearest main road or street.

Proof of residence if not living where your wife's house book is for.

Some offices may want witnesses when you apply.

• The 400k needs to be in your account for at least 2 months (not 60 days) for the first and subsequent applications.

It's better to keep the money in your account until the extension is granted although technically there is nothing stopping you drawing on the funds after the application date. I would keep the funds there in case there's a problem with the application and the process needs to be re-started with a new application.

The 400k baht has to be in the bank for 2 months on the date of application.

I suggest keeping the money in the bank until near the end of the 30 day under consideration period. There have been reports of them checking that the money is still in the bank during the approval process. They will not ask for proof during the home visit.

Here my suggested list of documents.

Unless you are applying at Bangkok you will need 2 sets of copies attached to 2 TM7 application.forms.

Proof of 400k baht in the bank for 2 months by way of a letter from your bank and your bank book.or 40k baht income.proven by a income letter from your embassy.

Copies of your passport photo page and every page that has any stamp or visa for Thailand on it. Copy of TM6 departure card.

Marriage certificate and a updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registry.

Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

Photos of you and your wife in and around the house. One must show you both with the house number shown in it. The number of photos needed varies by office.

Map to your residence from the nearest main road or street.

Proof of residence if not living where your wife's house book is for.

Some offices may want witnesses when you apply.

Thanks UJ,

I was planning on applying a month before the expiration date, as I have done in the past for the retirement extension

Kor Ror 2: We will have been married for six months prior to my extension application. Is the Kor Ror 2 from the marriage date sufficient for this year, or would you advise a brand new copy?

Two copies of documents: I would have taken two anyway to cover myself, but it's nice that you thought to mention it.

Photos in and around the house: A friend told me that a few years ago, Jomtien Immigration specifically required him and his wife sitting on (not in!) their bed I don't know it that's a common requirement?

Two witnesses: A first-time marriage-renewer took witnesses to Udon Immigration when applying for his renewal last year. That was accepted - once they'd found a third witness, as one of the first two was the wife's brother. That wasn't allowed as it was close family.

When we were married we took two (non-immediate) family members with us, that was OK as they had different surnames. I plan to use the same two witnesses, I hope that will be OK with immigration.

I'll also take copies of both our affirmations of permission to marry, just in case,

They should accept the Kor Ror 2 that you got when you got married.

You need 2 of everything including the TM7 form because they will send one set to Korat for the approval.

Not sure what they will want for the photos.

I have seen no recent reports of them wanting the affirmation of permit to marry. But if you have a copy it would not hurt to take it with you.

you do know.... everytime you go to Immigration, even jst to get a reentry permit.. anything except a 90 day letter..... your wife must be with you? whereas with a retirement extension, only you need to be at Immigration.

Edited by maewang99

you do know.... everytime you go to Immigration, even jst to get a reentry permit.. anything except a 90 day letter..... your wife must be with you? whereas with a retirement extension, only you need to be at Immigration.

The wife only has to be present when the application is done. After that the wife does not need to be present for anything.

Where do you get these ideas from ?

Of course, what you claim has no basis in fact !

'

Of course the mrs needs to be there, what else do you have one for laugh.png

And regardless of whether or not she actually needs to be there, I would have thought it advisable to have her come along with you in any case so as to iron out potential linguistic misunderstandings. All the more so, I think, if your office is staffed by individuals whose grasp of the English language is minimal like mine (Rayong/Maptaput) is!