A wanted Belgian paedophile wants to teach in Cambodia

geovalin

An Antwerp paedophile, who fled to Cambodia after being sentenced to 19 years in prison, applied to work as a teacher at school in Siem Reap, the Mediahuis and Het Laatste Nieuws reported on Saturday.

“He only wanted to teach for a few days”, a Flemish teacher at the Cambodian school told the newspapers. The school recognised the man on an information site a few days later. “I was very surprised when I found out he was wanted in Belgium for abusing minors. I immediately sent a warning to all the schools in the region”, she said.

Belgium wants Cambodia to arrest the individual and extradite him to Belgium. The government has already contacted the King of Cambodia about the case.

source http://www.brusselstimes.com/rss-feed/5168/a-wanted-belgian-paedophile-wants-to-teach-in-cambodia

They can't extradite him. He has a Cambodian passport, so he is a Cambodian citizen. That means Cambodia is stuck with the nasty ****er. I suspect that sooner or later he'll find that life is much shorter in Cambodia than it is elsewhere in the world. When that happens, I foresee nothing in the way of a police investigation to determine how he died of a self-inflicted heart attack...

How on earth did he get to Cambodia after he was sentenced to a 19 year sentence?

Did he get a couple of weeks to put his affairs in order before starting his sentence. blink.png

They can't extradite him. He has a Cambodian passport, so he is a Cambodian citizen. That means Cambodia is stuck with the nasty ****er. I suspect that sooner or later he'll find that life is much shorter in Cambodia than it is elsewhere in the world. When that happens, I foresee nothing in the way of a police investigation to determine how he died of a self-inflicted heart attack...

..............and you know this How?? The Cambodian Passport I mean, all the other stuff is true......pls share the reference that says he's a Cambodian.

Per: https://www.unodc.org/documents/southeastasiaandpacific//2013/07/mla/Guide_To_Extradition.pdf

Surrender of Nationals

The kingdom of Cambodia shall have right to refuse extradition or arrested to be extradited the own national to a foreign state, but the Cambodia request the requesting state the submitted the case and forward it to the competence authority for the prosecution. For this propose, the requesting state shall submit documents and evidence to the case to the competence authority of Cambodia. (sic)

So, it appears that Cambodia reserves the right not to extradite their own nationals, but could decide to extradite if they so choose.