Dont buy the new Samsung S6 Edge. It will be a lemon

davidst01

6 months ago I paid a lot of cash for the wife to have the Samsung S6 Edge.

What a bad decision. The worst phone ever. Battery issues but the main thing is that when I call her in the middle of a large city the reception cuts out all the time. We thought it wast the SIM but we changed providers and the same problem. Its now back to the manufacturer under warranty. Lets see if they can fix it.

Dont buy the new model....

Edited by metisdead
Edited to correct the model of the Samsung hand phone.

6 months ago I paid a lot of cash for the wife to have the Samsung galaxy S7.

What a bad decision. The worst phone ever. Battery issues but the main thing is that when I call her in the middle of a large city the reception cuts out all the time. We thought it wast the SIM but we changed providers and the same problem. Its now back to the manufacturer under warranty. Lets see if they can fix it.

The Galaxy S7 hasn't been released yet. How did you get it several months ago?????

6 months ago I paid a lot of cash for the wife to have the Samsung galaxy S7.

The Galaxy S7 hasn't been released yet. How did you get it several months ago?????

Maybe it's the Chinese version biggrin.png

I have had the S6 Edge since first released, has been a fantastic phone and will defo upgrade to the S7 Edge when it is in stores.

FWIW I have had successive galaxies (S3/S4/S5 etc etc) and all have performed well.

I have had the S6 Edge since first released, has been a fantastic phone and will defo upgrade to the S7 Edge when it is in stores.

FWIW I have had successive galaxies (S3/S4/S5 etc etc) and all have performed well.

Slightly off topic but as you have had a few of them, quick questions.

Do you get issues with random apps opening for no reason? Had it with Note 3, S4 twice, not sure if phone or the fact im using Nova Launcher and have been only all phones.

I have had samsung S3, S4 and currently an S5. Samsung lost their mind with the S6. Not water resistant, no removable battery and no memory card slot. It appears they have regained sanity with the S7. Had they not regained their sanity, the S5 would have been my last Samsung. My S5 is a great phone. Very good battery life and a super camera. The S7 will likely be my next phone.

ADDED - My S5 is rooted and is running the Omega ROM that is de-bloated.

Edited by Gary A

I have had samsung S3, S4 and currently an S5. Samsung lost their mind with the S6. Not water resistant, no removable battery and no memory card slot. It appears they have regained sanity with the S7. Had they not regained their sanity, the S5 would have been my last Samsung. My S5 is a great phone. Very good battery life and a super camera. The S7 will likely be my next phone.

ADDED - My S5 is rooted and is running the Omega ROM that is de-bloated.

Yep, preaching to the choir here. I was a long time Apple guy,

switched to the S5 and never looked back. The S6 was indeed

a moment of insanity, guess Samsung never bothered with focus

groups that would have sung the praises of a phone being

waterproof and with external memory. Pretty sure the S7 will

be a home run. But not released yet here in the states. No

idea what the original poster is yapping about since he

certainly does not have a S7. Maybe he is an Apple mole... :-)

I rooted mine and installed the Cyanogen ROM. Was

faster and lean, but I missed a lot of the programs on the

Touchwiz ROM. So in a moment of weakness I went back

to it. I will take a look at the Omega ROM.

Edited by EyesWideOpen

I enjoyed my Samsung but replaced it with an Oppo and never looked back....My wife initially got the Oppo with the tracking/remote camera....Far better reception and pics then the Samsung + lighter....I read the reviews and one on one side by side ratings and features & went with the Oppo model one below hers.....

Worth taking a look at....Will also take up to a 128 SD card where the Samsung will not... Samsung has no reception many places including our house - the Oppo has never lost the signal & the audio is much clearer/sharper as is the camera - far superior pics....Battery life/usage FAR superior to Samsung....I chalked up the Samsung short battery longevity to "power" but the Oppo does everything better stronger and about 3-5x's longer.....

Never thought I'd be swayed from Samsung......But sold now.....

Edited by pgrahmm

Has it even been released yet???????

Nope.

Will be available March 11.

OP is confused, he does not have an S7.

Not sure it will be available 11 march in Thailand.. i read later. I am going to get one to replace my S5

Nope.

Not sure it will be available 11 march in Thailand.. i read later. I am going to get one to replace my S5

I simply googled release date and Mar 11th was the first hit as we both know the OP never had one.

I'll get one sent over from the UK once they are released there.

Nope.

I simply googled release date and Mar 11th was the first hit as we both know the OP never had one.

I'll get one sent over from the UK once they are released there.

No the OP does not have one... and release dat 11 mar was correct.. but i read an article that release in Thailand would be a week later. Though when I asked about it in the Samsung shop they said it would be here this week. That is why I was asking.

I enjoyed my Samsung but replaced it with an Oppo and never looked back....My wife initially got the Oppo with the tracking/remote camera....Far better reception and pics then the Samsung + lighter....I read the reviews and one on one side by side ratings and features & went with the Oppo model one below hers.....

Worth taking a look at....Will also take up to a 128 SD card where the Samsung will not... Samsung has no reception many places including our house - the Oppo has never lost the signal & the audio is much clearer/sharper as is the camera - far superior pics....Battery life/usage FAR superior to Samsung....I chalked up the Samsung short battery longevity to "power" but the Oppo does everything better stronger and about 3-5x's longer.....

We're talking about the Samsung G6 Edge not one of their budget models.

I have the 64gb 6 Edge and after I spent a while making sure the apps weren't stealing all my data bandwidth and battery power it's been a really nice phone. I have enough memory so don't miss a slow SD card.

It's a beautifully put together piece of kit. So nice, I bought the S2 Tab 9.7 to accompany it. Also, a fine Samsung product.

We're talking about the Samsung G6 Edge not one of their budget models.

I have the 64gb 6 Edge and after I spent a while making sure the apps weren't stealing all my data bandwidth and battery power it's been a really nice phone. I have enough memory so don't miss a slow SD card.

It's a beautifully put together piece of kit. So nice, I bought the S2 Tab 9.7 to accompany it. Also, a fine Samsung product.

Yes - that is the one I considered and compared against/shopped.....I like Samsung - my older one wasn't a budget model....If the reception was any good I could still be using it....The battery did fade quickly...

Probably will be k-moyed by my 15 year old daughter....

The only problem with Sasmung phones is they so slow to do any updates, got an S4 and the latest version is 5.01 which is old, at least with nexus and the crappy i-mobiles you get the latest updates as they released.

And of course if you couldnt root it then you might aswell through it in the bin or get a Nokia 3210