Mini Trip Report - Repetitive Clutch Injury (RCI)

Must be getting old .... or soft .....

Needed to visit a shop in the Railway Night Market near Seacon Square, Srinikarin, and as it doesn't open 'till 5:00 pm I took the long way around via Samut Prakarn and Bang Poo.

This involves a frustrating 30 minutes filtering between cars along Rama IV followed by 20 minutes dodging trucks along the Port road then up to Bang Na to visit a friend. Then back into the traffic for an endless grind through the Srinikarin jams created by the construction of the BTS extension, followed by a quick riverside run passed the 'yok yaw' fishing nets to Bang Poo - where's there's a nice track running along the sea with some great open-air seafood restaurants. I tried the Charcoal 'all you can eat and drink' BBQ buffet at Baan Chidlom, but all the restaurants on this stretch seem to be good.

Heading back through some Bangkok's finest traffic jams gets me to Seacon Square and the Railway Market. Good little bike accessory shop lets me leave my helmet and gear while I go explore on foot, then more griding traffic down Udom Suk and Sukhumvit back home.

I think have the perfect bike for Bangkok; the CRF 250M is slim and agile with enough power for city use, and the long travel suspension copes well with the off-road nature of Bangkok roads and the upright stance lets me see over the taxis. And it has a very light clutch action .... but after an afternoon of solid traffic jams I woke the next day with a bad case of clutch forearm.

Recommend Bang Poo if you don't have the time to get to Bang Saen or beyond, don't recommend any manual bike in Bangkok .....

post-64119-0-57407600-1457343382_thumb.j

post-64119-0-22434700-1457343355_thumb.j