Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pleas fill in the missing town dates below:

Pattaya 11-19, 19 being the big day

Ban Saray - 20 is the day

Shtahip - 17 is the day

Ban Chan?

Rayong?

What days do they throw water in Ban Chan and Rayong?

Thank you

I've been delaying a visit to check on my vacant Jomtien condo. Is everything over on the 20th in Pattaya/Jomtien?

Yes, everything is over before midnight on 19th. Promise!

Foodmart on Thappraya Rd. near Thepprasit in Jomtien has posted that they will be closed on Tuesday & Wednesday the 19th & 20th. Other reports I've seen claim that the 19th is the final day of mayhem. If Foodmart is willing to give up an entire day of revenue on the 20th, either they know something the others don't or....???

Foodmart on Thappraya Rd. near Thepprasit in Jomtien has posted that they will be closed on Tuesday & Wednesday the 19th & 20th. Other reports I've seen claim that the 19th is the final day of mayhem. If Foodmart is willing to give up an entire day of revenue on the 20th, either they know something the others don't or....???

Sunset on 19th things will be wrapping up. By 20th in that area it will be like Songkran never happened.

Making this phenomenal sticky thread certainly makes Songkran quiet on the forum. We're already half way there and hardly a complaint heard. I'm almost missing all the aggressive posts anyone who didn't like Songkran used to endure...

It saves the mods so much work and we are very thankful for that smile.png

Here we are on the eve of the annual horror and only 4 pages and hardly a p!ss or moan among them. Stellar work by Jsix on this thread and the mods for pinning it but surely the TV Pattaya Songkran related thread revenue streams must be way, way down from previous years?

Friendship has a sign out that it will be closed on 19th. Maybe they're just using the 20th as an excuse for a holiday, a rare thing for a 24/7 supermarket.

Sunset on 19th things will be wrapping up. By 20th in that area it will be like Songkran never happened.

Except for all the powder residue on the streets and cars.

Just over 24 hours to go. YIPPEE!

Lol on lk metro webcam , an old man just walked by and insisted he did not want to get wet , of course that was not respected. If he was dry before he turned into the soi he is soaking wet now.

Is it safe to go out tonight or is if still going on

Jomtien has been crazy all day

I think I bar are having a songkran party 18-19 & apparently it's water inside

There may still be pockets of drunk people at bars spraying water.

Will it definitely be finished if I venture into Pattaya tomorrow ?

From the FAQ:

But the 19th is the last day. Yep, Pattaya (AND Naklua AND Jomtien AND Najomtien) Songkran always stops on the 19th, late; on the 20th, even if the date falls on a Saturday or Sunday, things are back to "normal." Some prescient forum wiser-than-thou will likely "bet" (love these bets) it won't stop on the 19th but in fact it does—to applause and great sighs of relief. . . .

Q: How's travel on the 20th?

A: If it's a workday, Sukhumvit should be normal but around town traffic will be worse as a lot of people will need to go shopping.

Went down beach road today, walked from Dolphin Roundabout to walking street, back along 2nd road down soi 8, up soi 7 back down Klang, along the beach road to dolphin.

Good fun, seemed a lot quieter than other years, but all seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Did a sweep of the town between 2:30 and 3:30 am, out of curiosity, before shopping at Harbor Mall. The road was still quite wet along 2nd Road and Beach Road, so the water fights finished quite late. There were some drunk people still playing with water on 2nd Road near Soi 6 at just after 3am, but that was it.

It's over!!!!!

My subjective impression from my dry and secret vantage point: It's MUCH LESS crazy than in previous years. Why? I doubt it's the drought.

The road into Jomtien seemed as busy and noisy as it was last year to me from my vantage point.

My subjective impression from my dry and secret vantage point: It's MUCH LESS crazy than in previous years. Why? I doubt it's the drought.

You didn't try riding the baht buses into town every day "later at night" as you did last year?

The webcams seemed to show few water throwers than ever--but still enough to do the job.