More than 1 million sea slugs wash onto Phuket beach

snoop1130

More than 1 million sea slugs wash onto Phuket beach
Kongleaphy Keam

post-249866-0-93707200-1457352754_thumb.

PHUKET: -- Marine experts are attempting to understand why more than a million sea slugs washed up on a Phuket beach this morning.

The name ‘sea slug’ is a common name used specifically for gastropods that are not shell-bearing or appear not to be shell-bearing. Experts believe that the sea slugs found on Kamala Beach are, in fact, sea hares. However, they have yet to determine the exact species.

“Adult sea hares are mostly large, bulky creatures. Juveniles are usually not noticed along the shoreline,” said Kongkiat Kittiwattanawong from the Phuket Marine Biological Center (PMBC). “However, that doesn’t appear to be the case here.”

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Video-Report-than-million-sea-slugs-wash/63351?desktopversion#ad-image-1

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-03-07

Im not surprised with all the horrible untreated water that flows out of the beach there. Probably the most heavily polluted beach on Phuket.

Oh for a minute there I thought some enterprising person would see if they were edible. bah.gif

Could have put a whole new meaning to;- "feedback".

Im not surprised with all the horrible untreated water that flows out of the beach there. Probably the most heavily polluted beach on Phuket.

I think Patong is the worst last time I was there the water had a orange tint for 3 days, some people were still

swimming bah.gif disgusting !!! Kamala was cristal clear ...