800,000 Baht Show Money

guys....

just to say they processed my second 90 days of my 1 year "retirement" visa yesterday with no problems.

However, I was reminded that I should have my show money in the Thai bank at least 3 months before applying for the annual extension.

I was told I do not need need to show this transaction when I return for my third 90 days, this is only required for the annual extension, but the show money should remain untouched.

okay... nothing new there for some. :o just a hands on confirmation :D

I asked an officer a question, but due to my low intelligence and inability to think logically anymore I couldn't get a comprehensive answer.

Can any one here at Tv comment from personnel experience? :D

If I still have say....100,000 baht left over (imported money) at the end of this visa year can I just import 700,000baht? IE a balance of 800k... not a transfer of 800k.

This money will of course be untouched/unspent until I have my new visa stamp 3 months later.

The new requirement, if you use bank deposit, is to have the money in account for 3 months prior to application for extension of stay (for the next year) so they are letting you know well in advance.

The 90 day return you seem to be talking about is only to report your address and that can be done by mail. You seem, if going to immigration and not leaving country, to have a retirement O-A type visa that allowed you a one year permitted to stay stamp when you arrived?

Yes, you can just top it up 3 months or more before renewal.

So you have to have at least 800K in the bank three months before you need to extend the visa. Does this mean that on the extension day you're allowed to have less than 800K in the account ie. 800K minus whatever it's cost to live for 3 months? Or do they expect you to have about a million in the account so when the time comes to extend you've still got 800K?

guys....

just to say they processed my second 90 days of my 1 year "retirement" visa yesterday with no problems.

However, I was reminded that I should have my show money in the Thai bank at least 3 months before applying for the annual extension.

I was told I do not need need to show this transaction when I return for my third 90 days, this is only required for the annual extension, but the show money should remain untouched.

>>>>>okay, I understand, but do they still need a paper from the Bank that the money is sent in from abroad ???

Needless to say this is a stupid rule that punishes those who follow the rule of having 800K to spend and top it up as needed as compared to those who have the 800k in the bank for one day.

I use a combination of embassy letter and top up my account to 500k, I don't need 800k/year to live in a village.

However, this year I am building a house and paid most of it, my bank book shows money this year way over 800k, but not now, its gone...;

Retirement extension late november. I don't expect any comments, but who knows?

You still need the letter from the bank certifying your account balance.

I don't understand your logic that "punishes those who follow the rule of having 800K to spend and top it up as needed as compared to those who have the 800k in the bank for one day".

The whole idea is that the person who has it one day will not get an extension of stay - it will have to be there for at least 3 months so the "one day borrow" will not work.

If you use a combination of income/deposit the deposit will be less than 800k and has not changed and may not even be required in bank for three months (the rule does not mention it - but I suspect that was an oversight).

On the subject of Retirement Visa. This report is biased towards UK citizens. I understand rules for US citizens are a little different.

I was on a 30-day Visa On Arrival, expiring today (26th).

I could have done three more visa runs. Starting from 1st October they are marking the TM card with a red number: 1 then 2 then 3. When it reaches 3 you cannot re-enter on a Visa On Arrival for three months. I decided not to do this, prefer not to procrasyinate and take care of the problem now.

I decided not to use a Visa Service as I have the time to take care of it myself and could not justify the additional cost. Instead of paying fees to an agency I prefer to use the money on airfare/hotel and have a little holiday somewhere whilst getting the Visa.

I was considering going to Penang, Singapore, or Hong Kong. Penang is close, and has a nice beach (Batu Ferringhi). I worked in Malaysia for four years, so that was a strong option. Singapore has entertainment in Orchard Towers that I like, but everything is so expensive there. I want to go to Macau in the near future anyway to visit friends and do a little job-hunting, and I like Hong Kong for shopping, especially cameras and I am considering a new lens for my Nikon. Each of these cities has a Thai consulate, all have web-sites, and I downloaded application forms from all three. I had learned that I needed a Non-Immigrant Visa 'O' and this was easily available. They will probably issue a single entry 3-month validity.

You need an 'O' (Ordinary) first and this is later modified to a Retirement Visa. Alternatively, apply for a 'B' (Business) if you have a registered Thai company or a job offer. The B' can also be modified to Retirement Visa, and you can still apply for a work permit. i.e you are allowed to be both "retired" and "working"! I was considering the 'B' route as I have plans for business/work permit. However, getting a 'B' is harder and I am not ready yet. As soon as you have work permit and 'B' you become liable for the minimum income tax and national insurance - around B5,000 per month. If you are not ready to start business then this is B5,000 out the window every month. An 'O' can be changed to a 'B' later, so I decided to go the 'O' route for now.

There is a 1-year multiple entry 'O' that is only available from Thai Consulates in your home country, i.e. UK. Hull gets high marks. This can be done by post, so a slightly dodgy option was:

1. Go somewhere outside Thailand
  2. Send my passport, forms, pics, express mail to my Mum in UK
  3. Ask Mum to send express mail to Hull
  4. Hull issues Visa and sends passport back to my Mum
  5. Mum sends back express mail back to Me
  6. All this while I am enjoying the wait
  7. So where would I go to wait for a few weeks? Where not too expensive and can have some fun? Angeles City!!!

I have also learned that Hull is now offering 3-year (yes, three YEAR) Non-Immigrant 'O' Visas. But you have to apply in person. So another option was to fly to UK, go to Hull. But UK is expensive and especially miserable this time of the year.

You can change a 3-month or a 1-year Visa 'O' to a 1-year Retirement Visa in Jomtien on your return to Thailand. I do not know if a 3-year Visa 'O' can be changed to a 3-Year Retirement Visa. I suspect not due to the income verification rules. So, I decided that a 3-month 'O' is good enough with no real advantage to have a 1-year or a 3-year visa.

There is some financial requirement. You have to have B800K in a Thai Bank or proof of income.

• If you go the B800K route: The B800K must be available to you, it is supposed to be for living expense. Real Estate or other illiquid assets do not count. You need to get a letter of certification of current balance from your bank(s) in Thailand.
  • If you go the income route: You need to get a letter of certification of your income from UK Consulate. They can do this at Wireless Road, BKK. I have seen guys asking for these letters there, I don't know if it can be done by post.

You cannot get a Retirement Visa overseas, they are only issued here in Thailand. I heard a rumour that the whole thing could be done in Jomtien. So since I had not booked tickets yet, I decided to go and ask. I went Jomtien Immigration early on 24th. And surprise surprise.

Imm: "You have 800K in Bank?"

Me: "Yes Sir."

Imm: "Can do."

What followed was three hours of torture.

First I had to get my 30-day Visa On Arrival transferred to my brand spanking new passport that I got from BKK last week. That took little time, and no charge. My old passport still had some life left in her, but she was full.

Had to go to back to Pattaya and line up at two banks, wait for certification letter of my balance. I did not have B800K in one bank - had B800K total in two banks. Immigration said this was no problem. Back to Jomtien and filled out the form and shuffled from desk to desk. Needed passport, photos (available from nice girls next door), and various photocopies (also available next door at B5 per copy). Mid-afternoon I had paid B2,000 for Visa 'O' 3-month validity and B1,900 for Retirement Visa and they were stamping in my passport. Then the fun began. They passed my passport towards back of room so that more senior officers can approve. Well, I did OK up to Major, but reached a Capt. and then got stuck. I had of course heard that the B800K has to be in account for 3-months. But none had said anything about this so I assumed they were not applying it yet. Well they are. She (Capt) was a real stickler. Unfortunately my bank books are a mess 'cos of real estate purchases, transfers from overseas, transfers between accounts, etc. And one book was only two months old - I had left the old one at my room in Pattaya. A red stamp comes out and VOID VOID VOID all over my NEW passport. Yes, she instructed they cancel my Retirement Visa, refund my B1,900, and issue a new Visa 'O' (SINGLE ENTRY- so I cannot leave) with a 3-month validity. She tells me my money has not been there long enough and I can come back in 3-months. If money is still there then I can have Retirement Visa. Well, I was dizzy with excitement from seeing my Visa appear and then rapidly disappear under a sea of blood. I tried to explain the money has been in Thailand for 3 months - longer in fact - and I have old book in room. She would not listen. I raised my voice, she raised hers. I was not rude, I left before I got too angry. No point in arguing anyway, they had already cancelled Visa and messed up my passport. Their procedure sucks. They should approve/disapprove the application form, not issue and then decide if they want to allow or cancel.

Went home and fumed.

Had to go back next day 25th and collect passport with new Visa 'O'.

Had decided that I would keep their Visa 'O' for now, go to UK over Xmas to see Mum 'n Dad. Maybe have unfortunate accident and lose passport. Get ANOTHER new one. Send to Hull. Start again.

So I went back to Capt. Lady. I was sweet mouth to the max. I apologised for living, breathing, and told her I was not worthy. I showed her my old bank book. I apologised again.

All smiles. We are now friends.

She told me to come back at 4pm.

I went for lunch next door (good food lovely waitresses) and returned at 4pm to pick-up my shiny new 1-year Retirement Visa.

And I then filled out another form for Multiple Re-entry Permit.

So, during next year I can come and go as I please. I do not have to leave at all if I do not want to. The only requirements are:

• I go show my face every 3-months at Jomtien Immigration office to prove that I am still here. Maybe I will visit my new Capt. Friend.
  • I get letter of certification from bank(s) that I have B800B balance three months before Visa expires in order to apply for renewal for one more year.

Total Cost:

• Certification Letter from bank #1: B100
  • Certification Letter from bank #2: B200
  • Various photocopies B100
  • Visa 'O' B2,000
  • Retirement Visa B1,900
  • Re-entry permit (multiple): B3,800
  • TOTAL: B8,100

Edited by khunyae

The B' can also be modified to Retirement Visa, and you can still apply for a work permit. i.e you are allowed to be both "retired" and "working"!

Are you guessing about this or is it something that is brand new? In the past you were not allowed to get a work permit (to work) with a retirement visa. Where did you get this information from? I would think a change like this would be big news on this forum.

Anybody...?

Terry

I don't understand your logic that "punishes those who follow the rule of having 800K to spend and top it up as needed as compared to those who have the 800k in the bank for one day".

The whole idea is that the person who has it one day will not get an extension of stay - it will have to be there for at least 3 months so the "one day borrow" will not work.

If you use a combination of income/deposit the deposit will be less than 800k and has not changed and may not even be required in bank for three months (the rule does not mention it - but I suspect that was an oversight).

Khunyai Great info for your 1st post, thanks !!! Sounds like you enjoy traveling like allot of us, Especially in Asia! I know that feeling when you where so close and then had to redo everything, a friend calls it the Thai way et c but The final point is its all worth it in the long run and now you sound like your set Living there in Thailand !!! Best regards

So, during next year I can come and go as I please. I do not have to leave at all if I do not want to. The only requirements are:

[*]I go show my face every 3-months at Jomtien Immigration office to prove that I am still here. Maybe I will visit my new Capt. Friend.

[*]I get letter of certification from bank(s) that I have B800B balance three months before Visa expires in order to apply for renewal for one more year.

I'm not doubting you but are you sure that the letter needs to be obtained 3 months before the renewal?

yes the UK Embassy will issue the 'income letter' by mail.

You need to be registerred with the Embassy (their website)

Send in :

Copies of passport

Evidence (originals) of pension/income

Cash (cost on their web site) for leter fee + postage for return of letter + evidence

Takes abaout 10 days for complete turnaround

[*]I go show my face every 3-months at Jomtien Immigration office to prove that I am still here. Maybe I will visit my new Capt. Friend.

[*]I get letter of certification from bank(s) that I have B800B balance three months before Visa expires in order to apply for renewal for one more year.

I'm not doubting you but are you sure that the letter needs to be obtained 3 months before the renewal?

Yes, I was informed of this by my Capt. Lady. The difficulties I had this first time make me certain that 1 year from issue of my first Retirement Visa the rules will be as strict, if not stricter. Remember TIT!

Thus, I am certain that I will be required to have 800K balance in bank(s) 3 months before, so to provide letter(s) of certification from bank(s) as so informed is really no problem. It will only cost me a few hundred baht anyway.

In fact, I suspect that I may also have to provide additional letter(s) of certification from banks of 800K balance in bank(s) on date of renewal - but I do not know this.

Edited by khunyae

You cannot get a Retirement Visa overseas, they are only issued here in Thailand.

This is not true. I applied in Singapore and they were going to issue it within two days. Then there was hitch, because they noticed I had a valid employment pass (work permit) for Singapore - so they said, no, you are not retired, you must cancel the employment pass first, then we can issue.

So although I did not actually get it (proof of the pudding is in the eating), it certainly seems they they do issue them... :o

'during next year I can come and go as I please'

Is this true on a retirement visa you can leave the country then return without doing anything? how do they restamp you?

Yes.

I understand I still have to use the white immigration card on arrival. Everyone has to complete one no matter what Visa you carry, even Thai people. I do not know how/what they stamp.

Edited by khunyae

You cannot get a Retirement Visa overseas, they are only issued here in Thailand.

This is not true. I applied in Singapore and they were going to issue it within two days. Then there was hitch, because they noticed I had a valid employment pass (work permit) for Singapore - so they said, no, you are not retired, you must cancel the employment pass first, then we can issue.

So although I did not actually get it (proof of the pudding is in the eating), it certainly seems they they do issue them... :D

OK, someone eat this pudding and then I stand corrected. :o

guys....

>>>>>okay, I understand, but do they still need a paper from the Bank that the money is sent in from abroad ???

My money WAS sent in from abroad, and this can be seen from transaction code in my bank book.

But I was NOT asked for any letter to certify that money was sent in from abroad.

Edited by khunyae

The B' can also be modified to Retirement Visa, and you can still apply for a work permit. i.e you are allowed to be both "retired" and "working"!

Are you guessing about this or is it something that is brand new? In the past you were not allowed to get a work permit (to work) with a retirement visa. Where did you get this information from? I would think a change like this would be big news on this forum.

Anybody...?

Terry

It was previously not possible to obtain a work permit with Retirement Visa, but it is now. Maybe they change rules again tomorrow of course - someone try quick!

I have a German friend with business here and Permanent Residency status. He has been here for many years. He has Thai Attorney and I sat in on one of their meetings to get some advice on Visas, company registration, work permits, etc.. Attorney informed me of this. She deals with Jontien Immigration regularly for her clients.

I have verified it with other contacts here in Pattaya.

Edited by khunyae

So although I did not actually get it (proof of the pudding is in the eating), it certainly seems they they do issue them... :o

There is actually no such thing as a 'Retirement Visa'.

When people use the term they are usually talking about a twelve month extension of a Non-Immigrant 'O' Visa on the grounds of retirement, The extension is granted in Thailand, unless you apply for a Non-Immigrant 'O-A' visa in your home country which gives you a permission to stay of twelve months on arrival. :D

There is actually no such thing as a 'Retirement Visa'.

When people use the term they are usually talking about a twelve month extension of a Non-Immigrant 'O' Visa on the grounds of retirement, The extension is granted in Thailand, unless you apply for a Non-Immigrant 'O-A' visa in your home country which gives you a permission to stay of twelve months on arrival. :D

My first Non-Imm O-A (Retirement Visa) was issued by the Thai Embassy in Chicago (USA) and I have renewed 3 times in Chiang Mai.

As I recall the application specifically states "Emloyment Not Permitted".

Since this topic is on the "show" money...

My thai wife and I are relocating the family to Issan from the US due to a job location change. The job is not in LOS but in a third country and I'll be traveling back and forth. Can I keep the 800k in the bank and never touch it, like a security blanket?

Eric

Since this topic is on the "show" money...

My thai wife and I are relocating the family to Issan from the US due to a job location change. The job is not in LOS but in a third country and I'll be traveling back and forth. Can I keep the 800k in the bank and never touch it, like a security blanket?

Eric

I have the same question but was wondering could I keep the money in mutual funds issued from a bank such as Bangkok Bank instead of putting it all in a savings account?

http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok+Bank/Pe...nds/Default.htm

Yes, I was informed of this by my Capt. Lady. The difficulties I had this first time make me certain that 1 year from issue of my first Retirement Visa the rules will be as strict, if not stricter. Remember TIT!

Thus, I am certain that I will be required to have 800K balance in bank(s) 3 months before, so to provide letter(s) of certification from bank(s) as so informed is really no problem. It will only cost me a few hundred baht anyway.

In fact, I suspect that I may also have to provide additional letter(s) of certification from banks of 800K balance in bank(s) on date of renewal - but I do not know this.

My understanding of the Regulations are:

The Letter from the Bank should be dated just a few days prior to your

application - NOT three months before.

Immigration will want to see your Passbook & keep a copy of it

to both see that you had the money in the account for

the past 3 months and that it has REMAINED there since then.

On the subject of Retirement Visa. This report is biased towards UK citizens. I understand rules for US citizens are a little different.

//The rules for retirement extension are the same for everyone//

I was on a 30-day Visa On Arrival, expiring today (26th).

I could have done three more visa runs. Starting from 1st October they are marking the TM card with a red number: 1 then 2 then 3. When it reaches 3 you cannot re-enter on a Visa On Arrival for three months. I decided not to do this, prefer not to procrasyinate and take care of the problem now.

//The limit is 90 days - there is no limit on number of entries//

I decided not to use a Visa Service as I have the time to take care of it myself and could not justify the additional cost. Instead of paying fees to an agency I prefer to use the money on airfare/hotel and have a little holiday somewhere whilst getting the Visa.

//There was no need for a visa - conversions have been available from vise free entry for awhile now//

I was considering going to Penang, Singapore, or Hong Kong. Penang is close, and has a nice beach (Batu Ferringhi). I worked in Malaysia for four years, so that was a strong option. Singapore has entertainment in Orchard Towers that I like, but everything is so expensive there. I want to go to Macau in the near future anyway to visit friends and do a little job-hunting, and I like Hong Kong for shopping, especially cameras and I am considering a new lens for my Nikon. Each of these cities has a Thai consulate, all have web-sites, and I downloaded application forms from all three. I had learned that I needed a Non-Immigrant Visa 'O' and this was easily available. They will probably issue a single entry 3-month validity.

You need an 'O' (Ordinary) first and this is later modified to a Retirement Visa. Alternatively, apply for a 'B' (Business) if you have a registered Thai company or a job offer. The B' can also be modified to Retirement Visa, and you can still apply for a work permit. i.e you are allowed to be both "retired" and "working"! I was considering the 'B' route as I have plans for business/work permit. However, getting a 'B' is harder and I am not ready yet. As soon as you have work permit and 'B' you become liable for the minimum income tax and national insurance - around B5,000 per month. If you are not ready to start business then this is B5,000 out the window every month. An 'O' can be changed to a 'B' later, so I decided to go the 'O' route for now.

//As said no visa is required now and in normal times a tourist visa could be changed//

There is a 1-year multiple entry 'O' that is only available from Thai Consulates in your home country, i.e. UK. Hull gets high marks. This can be done by post, so a slightly dodgy option was:

1. Go somewhere outside Thailand
  2. Send my passport, forms, pics, express mail to my Mum in UK
  3. Ask Mum to send express mail to Hull
  4. Hull issues Visa and sends passport back to my Mum
  5. Mum sends back express mail back to Me
  6. All this while I am enjoying the wait
  7. So where would I go to wait for a few weeks? Where not too expensive and can have some fun? Angeles City!!!
    //Such activity is more than slightly dodgy as you are expected to be in the country of application and would not be valid if found out - which a check of border stamps would confirm if done to a local country//

I have also learned that Hull is now offering 3-year (yes, three YEAR) Non-Immigrant 'O' Visas. But you have to apply in person. So another option was to fly to UK, go to Hull. But UK is expensive and especially miserable this time of the year.

//That's news to me - and don't believe it is a normal O visa if true//

You can change a 3-month or a 1-year Visa 'O' to a 1-year Retirement Visa in Jomtien on your return to Thailand. I do not know if a 3-year Visa 'O' can be changed to a 3-Year Retirement Visa. I suspect not due to the income verification rules. So, I decided that a 3-month 'O' is good enough with no real advantage to have a 1-year or a 3-year visa.

There is some financial requirement. You have to have B800K in a Thai Bank or proof of income.

• If you go the B800K route: The B800K must be available to you, it is supposed to be for living expense. Real Estate or other illiquid assets do not count. You need to get a letter of certification of current balance from your bank(s) in Thailand.
  • If you go the income route: You need to get a letter of certification of your income from UK Consulate. They can do this at Wireless Road, BKK. I have seen guys asking for these letters there, I don't know if it can be done by post.

You cannot get a Retirement Visa overseas, they are only issued here in Thailand. I heard a rumour that the whole thing could be done in Jomtien. So since I had not booked tickets yet, I decided to go and ask. I went Jomtien Immigration early on 24th. And surprise surprise.

//You most surly can do in your home country. It is called a non immigrant O-A visa and allows a one year stay on entry. You do it with proof of money in your home country//

Imm: "You have 800K in Bank?"

Me: "Yes Sir."

Imm: "Can do."

What followed was three hours of torture.

First I had to get my 30-day Visa On Arrival transferred to my brand spanking new passport that I got from BKK last week. That took little time, and no charge. My old passport still had some life left in her, but she was full.

//In the paragraph above this you said you decided on a single entry O visa? Guess that was just "in case" thinking?//

Had to go to back to Pattaya and line up at two banks, wait for certification letter of my balance. I did not have B800K in one bank - had B800K total in two banks. Immigration said this was no problem. Back to Jomtien and filled out the form and shuffled from desk to desk. Needed passport, photos (available from nice girls next door), and various photocopies (also available next door at B5 per copy). Mid-afternoon I had paid B2,000 for Visa 'O' 3-month validity and B1,900 for Retirement Visa and they were stamping in my passport. Then the fun began. They passed my passport towards back of room so that more senior officers can approve. Well, I did OK up to Major, but reached a Capt. and then got stuck.

I had of course heard that the B800K has to be in account for 3-months. But none had said anything about this so I assumed they were not applying it yet. Well they are. She (Capt) was a real stickler. Unfortunately my bank books are a mess 'cos of real estate purchases, transfers from overseas, transfers between accounts, etc. And one book was only two months old - I had left the old one at my room in Pattaya. A red stamp comes out and VOID VOID VOID all over my NEW passport. Yes, she instructed they cancel my Retirement Visa, refund my B1,900, and issue a new Visa 'O' (SINGLE ENTRY- so I cannot leave) with a 3-month validity.

//Single entry in normal - and you can leave but have to obtain a re-entry permit first//

She tells me my money has not been there long enough and I can come back in 3-months. If money is still there then I can have Retirement Visa. Well, I was dizzy with excitement from seeing my Visa appear and then rapidly disappear under a sea of blood. I tried to explain the money has been in Thailand for 3 months - longer in fact - and I have old book in room. She would not listen. I raised my voice, she raised hers. I was not rude, I left before I got too angry. No point in arguing anyway, they had already cancelled Visa and messed up my passport. Their procedure sucks. They should approve/disapprove the application form, not issue and then decide if they want to allow or cancel.

Went home and fumed.

Had to go back next day 25th and collect passport with new Visa 'O'.

Had decided that I would keep their Visa 'O' for now, go to UK over Xmas to see Mum 'n Dad. Maybe have unfortunate accident and lose passport. Get ANOTHER new one. Send to Hull. Start again.

So I went back to Capt. Lady. I was sweet mouth to the max. I apologised for living, breathing, and told her I was not worthy. I showed her my old bank book. I apologised again.

All smiles. We are now friends.

She told me to come back at 4pm.

I went for lunch next door (good food lovely waitresses) and returned at 4pm to pick-up my shiny new 1-year Retirement Visa.

And I then filled out another form for Multiple Re-entry Permit.

• I go show my face every 3-months at Jomtien Immigration office to prove that I am still here. Maybe I will visit my new Capt. Friend.
    //You do not have to show your face - you have to report you address and that can be done by mail or someone else can do for you//
  • I get letter of certification from bank(s) that I have B800B balance three months before Visa expires in order to apply for renewal for one more year.

Total Cost:

• Certification Letter from bank #1: B100
  • Certification Letter from bank #2: B200
  • Various photocopies B100
  • Visa 'O' B2,000
  • Retirement Visa B1,900
  • Re-entry permit (multiple): B3,800
  • TOTAL: B8,100

Thank you for the detailed report. Not sure if bank letter will be required 3 months prior as this is the first report of that but can see some office may want that - but if they do I expect they will also want the normal report within a week of application also.

//That's news to me - and don't believe it is a normal O visa if true//

I think that might be the "3-year Multiple Non-B Visa" discussed in this thread. It's so easy to get twisted with the different visa categories.

//There was no need for a visa - conversions have been available from vise free entry for awhile now//

Is that still the case since October 1? Another poster had said that an Immigrations officer told him (in September) that the converson of a visa-free entry was just on an exception basis until October 1. [edited to correct a date]

Edited by wpcoe

Lopburi3

Any idea if the below quote is accurate? The second part of it.

"The B' can also be modified to Retirement Visa, and you can still apply for a work permit. i.e you are allowed to be both "retired" and "working"!"

Someone else chimed in that they sat in on a meeting with a friend and their lawyer. His friend has PR, according to the poster, so I think it's the apples and oranges thing.

If they change it to allow people with retirement extensions to work, I'd think there would be a lot of comments about it, which makes me think the poster is mixed up. I hope he's correct, but won't hold my breath...

Terry