Former deputy minister charged over shooting dog dead outside 7-Eleven

webfact

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some potential psychopaths in here, cheering on the execution of a dog.

The soi dog situation is out of control yes, going around and just shooting them though? Have a word with yourselves.

Nope.

Cheering on the execution of a DANGEROUS dog.

Different thing entirely.

The soi dog situation is out of control yes, going around and just shooting them though? Have a word with yourselves.

Nope.

It is a huge failing of the authorities here that there are thousands upon thousands of stray dogs everywhere. Rabid ones of course need to be dealt with but by some ex politician with a gun in public? So what do you propose everyone just goes out and shoots these dogs dead?

Even if it came to needing a cull there are more humane and less dangerous ways than that.

Nope.

It is a huge failing of the authorities here that there are thousands upon thousands of stray dogs everywhere. Rabid ones of course need to be dealt with but by some ex politician with a gun in public? So what do you propose everyone just goes out and shoots these dogs dead?

Even if it came to needing a cull there are more humane and less dangerous ways than that.

I propose that the local authorities cull them or neuter them.

Which of course isn't happening which is why people take this into their own hands.

I am more concerned with the health of humans than how humanely these animals are put down. I am especially concerned for any children that get bitten.

On the bright side, I've had my rabies jabs, so they can bit me all day.

He has also been charged with carrying a gun in public and firing it without a proper reason

I would say the reason was quite proper.

So you are prepared to take his word for it. Why ?

Until I have a reason not to take his word for it, I stand by my statement.

Local people in my village manage to avoid shooting stray dogs, they carry a short piece of bamboo to smack them with. On reflection I prefer that to them packing firearms. Remember, this gun toting maniac drives as well, what if he pulled it on you.

When will we get adequate control measures of rabbi-infested stray dogs being a danger to the public? When will the municipal authorities act, so that we don't need to see this cruelty anymore?

12814698_655520037921873_328520425737524

'rabbi-infested stray dogs'

Oh, sure, blame the Jews...

Edited by TheKnave

I understand the reasoning - he got angry and wanted to bite back. He is probably so old that his false teeth could not handle it.

I don't follow your reasoning.

It's a dangerous dog. It bit him, it would have bitten somebody else.

So unless you can name the organisation one can call in these cases, he took the only reasonable recourse - to put the dog down.

I mean - what's he gonna do - call the police?

I believe the original post was an attempt at humor.

Hmmm, all these politicians are packing....?

the dumb assshoots a defensless dog and does not get a rabies shot? hope he forgets for a week! Karma! and what's with all these public figures packing heat? the only gun controI can see in this country is directed at the falangs!

Someone needs to do something about these dogs .he will probably get punished more for killing the dog than he would if it had been a poor person

I don't think he will be punished at all! he is a member of the "upper" class! look at his uniform, wonder what the ribbons are for?

To all the TV warriors applauding shooting FIVE times at the concrete or asphalt ground to kill a dog with bullets no doubt bouncing around in front of a 7/11 how would you feel if your wife or child or YOU got hit and killed by a stray bullet?

Shoot first, think later or not at all?

I am a self-confessed dog-hater but do not condone anyone spraying bullets about in public. It is basically yet another failing of Thai authorities doing little to protect their own people. We have the carnage on the road allowed because of poor policing; the number of daily child drownings through lack of amenities; the rise in dengue/malaria cases and we have hordes of neglected dogs which in part contribute to the traffic fatalities and the spread of diseases. Eventually Thailand will realise that human life is precious; dogs less so. Even the civilised UK has today reported the savaging to death of over 100 sheep. The guilty dog owners face huge compensation claims from the farmers.

Straydogs are a pest in Thailand, either they are aggressive, bark, invested with all kinds of diseases, allthough I have 2 dogs behaving but barking too much.

I see them around food markets too much, some even lay on top of the fruit. And they are ugly as hell. But Thailand, I understand.

Good job! Straydogs shouldn't be on the streets. I also got bitten by one.

A friend of mine is undergoing painful rabies shots from getting bitten last month. Since strays are taken care of by someone then they aren't actually strays and laws should be made to make the person feeding them accountable for medical expenses. This dog should have been put down and that man had every right to shoot and kill it. If it was me I would have taken the dog and my wounds to the hospital though for a rabies check and them gone to hunt down the owner or people who feed it.

They really need lease laws here and strays should be put down or given to responsible owners. Ohh wait! Sorry! This IS Thailand I am talking about. Hmmp

The dog that bit me was in a shop, i guess it's the owners dog since it's always there.

I told them the shots costed 10k baht but they didn't care.

It would be better if there were no dogs at all in Thailand since the Thai are too irresponsible for them. Many of my neighbours have dogs, they never ever walk them and if they bark all day they also don't care. Some even sit in a cage all day long and this is a nice moobaan where we live.

There's a rule of max. 2 dogs at a house but of course some have 3 or more dogs. They also seem to love very fat dogs because they are so cute and than you look so rich.

Many of them give the dog away when it gets one year old, also they just open the gate to let it walk itself....

A hiso lady here likes to drive her big car around and feed all soidogs, we have big groups now waiting for her to come feed them.

There is a woman in our moobaan who also goes around feeding the dogs, they are a liability and are dangerous to road users and children. My Son is afraid to ride his bicycle around the village because some dogs will always chase him.

They should be culled in my opinion.

Also something should be done about the dogs.

If I had to guess, I would bet that the dog did not bite him without provocation...these soi dogs have lived as long as they have because they are very cautious around Thais...

Just another Thai man who feels justified to exercise cruelty...

"Former Deputy Minister" is as correct as "Former Kindergartener" - I do not know what his previous political activities have to do with this good riddance.

He got rid of one of those millions of stray dogs shitting and peeing all over the country, multiply faster than rabbits and are an absolute nuisance and health threat to all.

To charge this "Former Kindergartener" with animal "cruelty" is equally wrong.

Fact is that civilian Mr Tawee shot a stray dog for good reason (got bitten by the dog for whatever reason) so keep a) politics and B) slandering choice of words like "cruelty" out of the press - both inappropriate and poor choice of words.

I think he did the right thing. It was a dangerous dog.. it probably bit a lot of people... and it could seriously injure a child or spread rabies.

It does not seem cruel to shoot it dead. It would probably be more cruel to let it live as a stray dog on the streets to be kicked about by people, get into fights with other dogs.. got no vet treatment.. and eventually die a slow and painful death.. if its does not get run down by a car.

They are a danger to people. not just aggressive ones.. but they casue a lot of traffic accidents when they run into the road....

i agree, though i think we may have different opinions on what a dog is. I like to fact that we can KILL dangerous dogs on the street. THese dogs have hurt way too many women and children. This may be the legal loop hole we use to kill all the bad dogs. without a gun of course.

He has also been charged with carrying a gun in public and firing it without a proper reason

The cruel killer's statement is uncorroborated. He claims a dog bite, yet no one substantiates his claim. My claim that he kicked the dog first, is just as valid.

The dog posed such a threat that he was able to go to his vehicle and get his firearm which he discharged in a wanton disregard for public safety?What part of it being irresponsible to discharge a firearm in a public area do you not understand?

What if you had been struck by a stray bullet or a ricochet? You would care even more if a ricochet rendered you an incontinent, impotent cripple.

And that reason would be???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????