PCAD supporters rally to support jailed 'popcorn gunman'

webfact

Isn't that a political gathering of more than 5 people supporting someone that was convicted of attempting to harm or successfully harming political opponents?

Oh wait! They are not reading books, eating sandwiches, making a three-fingered salute, or distributing calendars of an ex-PM. All good then.

Love the double-standards.

You mean the same double standards that saw "hundreds" of supporters every time that Yingluck goes to court?

Like you, I lust love the double standards.

On BOTH sides.

Really? A rally in support of a self-confessed hired killer v some aunties handing Yingluck roses?

Do you think I ought to bring up the bit about the Red Shirt leaders cheering about the deaths of some people until they heard that there were children murdered as well? There is a video somewhere on YouTube about that.

However it isn't about what you or I or any other farangs want, think or feel, it is about what Thai people want, think and feel.

I am sure that I could quote Thai people here who are anti Thaksin and pro government and I have no doubt that you can quote people who are pro Thaksin and anti government, but it would make no difference to the outcome of events.

We can argue all day every day and get nowhere but ONLY the Thai people can decide what will happen.

And they are not allowed to.

Isn't that a political gathering of more than 5 people supporting someone that was convicted of attempting to harm or successfully harming political opponents?

Oh wait! They are not reading books, eating sandwiches, making a three-fingered salute, or distributing calendars of an ex-PM. All good then.

You mean the same double standards that saw "hundreds" of supporters every time that Yingluck goes to court?

On BOTH sides.

Really? A rally in support of a self-confessed hired killer v some aunties handing Yingluck roses?

Do you think I ought to bring up the bit about the Red Shirt leaders cheering about the deaths of some people until they heard that there were children murdered as well? There is a video somewhere on YouTube about that.

However it isn't about what you or I or any other farangs want, think or feel, it is about what Thai people want, think and feel.

I am sure that I could quote Thai people here who are anti Thaksin and pro government and I have no doubt that you can quote people who are pro Thaksin and anti government, but it would make no difference to the outcome of events.

We can argue all day every day and get nowhere but ONLY the Thai people can decide what will happen.

And they are not allowed to.

The entire situation summed up in one, simple and succinct sentence. Nice.

On BOTH sides.

This is Thaivisa, most of us posting on here are foreigner's, yes only Thai people can decide their future. We the foreigners are allowed to express our thoughts on news articles in the Thai English press. I see this type of post a lot. I don't understand why people post this though. If I knew how to write fluent Thai I would be on another forum. No one argues on Thaivisa either we just agree to disagree. As for the first paragraph about a political group cheering people deaths, what has that got to do with a foreigner posting his view point on Thailand. Men and women enjoy to discuss politics and current events, it's been like that since the Romans. Edited by tukkytuktuk

I am not sure jesimps was referring to which side was called "protesters" or not by Nick (he also called the others the "PDRC protesters").

So both sides were protesting at that time. OK. However I would tend to think that protesting to allow people to cast their vote is not the same as blocking elections in order to prevent citizen from voting

Correct, they are not the same. Perhaps you should look at their respective motivations before deciding black and white.