It Bag: Thai officials deny Balenciaga copied common Thai plastic bag

webfact

Funny how Thais think they invented everything...but most are brought in from overseas by the chinese .... eg. Thai Chicken Rice, local Thais think Thailand invented it. Same goes for many other Thai dishes

Did the Thais actually invent SOMETHING? I can't name anything that was invented by Thais. Are food, massage and dance inventions? All I can think are some rediculous, false sounding music instruments that didn't make it anywhere outside the country because they are more cultural farts from the past.

Edited by flyDelight

Funny how Thais think they invented everything...but most are brought in from overseas by the chinese .... eg. Thai Chicken Rice, local Thais think Thailand invented it. Same goes for many other Thai dishes

Did the Thais actually invent SOMETHING? I can't name anything that was invented by Thais. Are food, massage and dance inventions? All I can think are some rediculous, false sounding music instruments that didn't make it anywhere outside the country.

'Krating Daeng', which reached worldwide distribution via it's famous copy 'Red Bull'.

Edited by DanaDeLuxe

Did the Thais actually invent SOMETHING? I can't name anything that was invented by Thais. Are food, massage and dance inventions? All I can think are some rediculous, false sounding music instruments that didn't make it anywhere outside the country.

'Krating Daeng', which reached worldwide distribution via it's famous copy 'Red Bull'.

But there are many different brands of krating daeng so which one is the original?

But there are many different brands of krating daeng so which one is the original?

Red Bull was inspired by Lipovitan, a japanese energy drink that was created a decade or so before it....

Copyright infringement? So Thailand actually has copyright on the plastic bags used at markets? giggle.gif

Yes kind of, while the use of plastic shopping bags is finally being banned worldwide incl. in some large cities in India and a few African countries like Rwanda, Thailands plastic bag lobby is so damned succesful that the biggest Thai producer is doing an IPO...

Thai, I've seen lots of these bags in China. coffee1.gif

Correct, these colorful bags are made in China for the worldwide market from Thailand to Mexico. If somewhere is a copyright on these bags it's in China and not Thailand because it's an import product.

How about Beer Chang and the wonderful original design on the beer bottle?

Or Est cola.

2 great Thai original drinks. whistling.gif