Having new meter connected

offset

Much depends upon your local PEA office so talk to them.

You can get a construction supply with just some form of ID and few other requirements, but you'll pay about 8 Baht a unit (double the regular price).

For a regular supply you'll likely need a building with a pukka address and a minimal installation meeting the local regulations (front end RCD, MEN connection, ground rod, 3-pin outlets).

Much depends upon your local PEA office so talk to them.

You can get a construction supply with just some form of ID and few other requirements, but you'll pay about 8 Baht a unit (double the regular price).

For a regular supply you'll likely need a building with a pukka address and a minimal installation meeting the local regulations (front end RCD, MEN connection, ground rod, 3-pin outlets).

I have asked the PEA for a written specification to what they want and said I will get it Monday but I not hold much hope of getting one

A man came out to look and said that the cable should be carried on concrete pole of 2.5 meters long 20 meters apart (it is on 4 meter eucalyptus poles now) and he would not say ok to a meter, but I am thinking that by the time I dig the poles in half a meter and fix the cable to the top with the sag in the cable at its lowest point it would be less that 1.5 meters from the ground and I think he would then find that unacceptable

The silly part about it on the same pole as I want my meter connected is a cable connected directly to the meter being supported by 1 inch bamboo but he said that it was not his problem

post-48972-0-84586400-1457579800_thumb.j

This is how they reconnected a meter 3 months ago to the next post in line to my post

I am beginning to think about fitting my own meter to a friends supply and not bothering with the PEA are they very expensive to buy here

Thank you as always for you help

Yup, the rules for new supplies are different to those for re-connecting existing supplies :(

Secondary meters are cheap and easy to find (HomePro have them), if it's an option then that's the easiest way to go.

Yup, the rules for new supplies are different to those for re-connecting existing supplies sad.png

Secondary meters are cheap and easy to find (HomePro have them), if it's an option then that's the easiest way to go.

Just for your information I just came back from PEA where I see the main manager and he explained that it is a directive from the government now that all new meters should be connected to 6 meter concrete post sunk 1 meter in the ground I still not know whether to believe him but he did confirm that it is ok to use a friends supply and run on the wooden poles that I have now so thanks for your advice and I brought a meter from HomePro and will do it the easiest way

Archived