zenfone 2 ze551ml still any good ?

my local shop is seling the old model zenfone 2 for 10,900

its the previously hi spec model as below but time is not kind to smartphones

and zenfone 3 is almost here :

ASUS Zenfone 2 ZE551ML LTE 64GB - Sliver

คุณสมบัติ

Display and Design

The ASUS Zenfone 2 flaunts a 5.5-inch IPS full HD (1,080 x 1,920 pixels, 403ppi pixel density) multitouch display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3.0 protection, and ultra slim lateral bezels.

It is bound to make your stand out in a crowd with its premium luxe brushed metallic finish with a touch of concentric circles. There is a button for volume controls at the back. It has a thickness of 10.9mm and a weight of 170g.

Configuration and OS

The smartphone features a 64-bit Intel Atom Z3580 chipset bearing a 2.3GHz quad-core processor. Together with 4GB DDR3 RAM and PowerVR G6430, it handles highly demanding applications with utmost ease. It runs on the latest Android v5.0 Lollipop OS with ASUS ZenUI on the top.

Camera and Memory

The ASUS Zenfone 2 flaunts a 13MP autofocus rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, panorama, dual-tone flash, HDR, geo-tagging, face detection and touch focus. It can shoot 1,080p videos at 30fps and is accompanied by a 5MP front snapper. It supports 32GB of internal memory expandable up to 64GB.

Battery and Connectivity

The ASUS Zenfone 2 sips juice from a sealed 3,000mAh Li-Po battery and connected via 4G (selected markets), 3G, Wi-Fi, USB port, Bluetooth, GPS/A-GPS, NFC, GLONASS and USB OTG.
Verdict
The ASUS Zenfone 2 is a premium smartphone oozing with the perfect blend of power and style. The big full HD display with ultra slim bezels definitely catches the eye. It can be availed in colours like grey, gold, black, white and red.

ignoring all the bullshiit though ,is it still a good phone in march 2016

or is there something better under 11k ?

Check with AndroidAuthority. Zenphone is pretty sturdy and feature rich for its class smartphone; make sure the UI is something you can work with. What version of android do you want?

Edit: compare zen 2 vs zen 2 laser

Zenphone 2

m.youtube.com/watch?v=v_vttBfgt04

Laser

m.youtube.com/watch?v=c5Xy7NM0oWY

Take a look at Acer liquid x

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

i just looked at the acer liquid x2

its only got a 720p screen though and 1 gb ram less at 3gb instead of 4

i dont know what else would have more horsepower for the money

but any suggestions will be viewed :)

probasbly buy it in the next day or two

is a 1.2 hexacore cpu anywhere near as good as a 2.3GHZ quad core (even though its older ) ?

Check with AndroidAuthority. Zenphone is pretty sturdy and feature rich for its class smartphone; make sure the UI is something you can work with. What version of android do you want?

Zenphone 2

Laser

Asus is likely to be easier to get warranty service....but that is partially based on what dealer you buy from.

but any suggestions will be viewed :)

is a 1.2 hexacore cpu anywhere near as good as a 2.3GHZ quad core (even though its older ) ?

3 sims​

Zenphone 2

Laser

Asus is likely to be easier to get warranty service....but that is partially based on what dealer you buy from.

i would root the bitch within half an hour of getting it home and install the lightest ,most debloated system i can find

im not a bit worried about the ui or the weird customisations manufactureres like to install to "improve" stock anroid

so whatever phone i get will be totaly wiped before i begin making it usable ......:)

but any suggestions will be viewed smile.png

3 sims​

?

128 for rom

theres a 256gb deluxe now :

http://www.lazada.co.th/asus-zenfone-deluxe-ze551ml-ram-4-gb-rom-256-gb-special-4143662.html

also a 15gb version :

http://www.lazada.co.th/asus-zenfone-2-deluxe-4gb-ram-16gb-rom-android-50-4g-lte-55-white-1905362.html

MAYBE THE 256GB IS A GOOD DEAL BUT THE REST OF THE PHONE WILL BE VERY DATED BY THE TIME 256gb BECOMES NORMAL

Just read an article a few days ago about Asus issuing a new Zenphone-2 update that loads even more bloatware onto the already intensely bloated device. It seems they have chosen to ignore customer complaints and tech-writers concerns about the number of really useless and substandard apps they insist on installing.

If the OP checks the Zenphone forums, you will see that many users have had difficulties rooting the various models. If you do decide to root, make really certain you have the correct rom.

If you could wait a week or two for mail-order, the new Xiaomi Note-3 is getting rave reviews though you may not like the MIUI interface they layer on.

I think the 256gb model looks cool but a faster 2.5ghz cpu and the same 3000MaH battery is sure to frustrate when you get it loaded up with all your shit

There is a xenphone max, same dimensions sizewise but packing a 5000MaH battery... Only around 6-7k but the spec is pretty weak compared to the high end models... I think you get 1.8cpu, 2gb ram and 32 storage and only 720p instead of 1080p like the others from what I can remember

Archived