Guinness

HansBlinkers

Mae Sai ,over on the Burmese side .

That's all fake crap from China, including Jack Daniels.

The shop on the bridge itself i found to have legit drinks .

I don't think so.....how do I know? I have bought JD from there and Tesco's to compare a few years ago and I can assure you they are not legit!

I don't think so.....how do I know? I have bought JD from there and Tesco's to compare a few years ago and I can assure you they are not legit!

The Guinness was!

Their expensive American liquors are fake. 'Jack Daniels' still in the bottle with the old, non-holographic label.

Whenever this subject of fake booze at Mae Sai has come up in this forum, JD is always mentioned. I've never had problems with beers & wines from the duty free shop on the bridge, Other members vouch for the Scotch & single malts.

The Wines from the duty free shop are genuine, excellent and less than half the price you pay in Rimping, for example. I ve had lots of wines from many Countries, all perfectly legitimate, no way they re copies because I love good wine and would know immediately if it wasnt genuine. Sorry if that sounds a bit clever, but before someone comes back and says I m wrong, I m getting my retaliation in first!

I ve also had Bombay Sapphire Gin, genuine, Gordons gin, genuine, Various Vodkas, genuine, and friends of mine have had Jack Daniels from there, genuine ( I dont drink whisky/ bourbon etc at all).

I can only speak as I find. Everything drinkwise from the duty free shop on the bridge has been genuine, 100%.

"I ve also had Bombay Sapphire Gin, genuine, Gordons gin, genuine, Various Vodkas, genuine, and friends of mine have had Jack Daniels from there, genuine ( I dont drink whisky/ bourbon etc at all)."

Go and buy any of those, then go to Tesco's and buy the same brand....then do a taste comparison side by side.....you will be enlightened!

A good indicator is the label...a real bottle has an embossed almost aluminium label, the copies have flat paper labels.

Edited by kjhbigv

"I ve also had Bombay Sapphire Gin, genuine, Gordons gin, genuine, Various Vodkas, genuine, and friends of mine have had Jack Daniels from there, genuine ( I dont drink whisky/ bourbon etc at all)."

Go and buy any of those, then go to Tesco's and buy the same brand....then do a taste comparison side by side.....you will be enlightened!

A good indicator is the label...a real bottle has an embossed almost aluminium label, the copies have flat paper labels.

Here we go. Right on cue. "You know better than me".....yes, of course you do. I dont know anything about Gin, Vodka etc.....heres the surprise, YES I DO, and the wines and spirits I ve had from the duty free shop are and have been perfectly legit and genuine. As are the wines of which I ve had many, all genuine, no doubt.

Remember that old song, "you say tomato, I ll say tomarto, potato, potarto,".....well, this is a bit like that. I m more than happy with all my alcohol purchases from the duty free shop on the bridge at Mae Sai. Thats all, over and out !!!!!

Remember that old song, "you say tomato, I ll say tomarto, potato, potarto,".....well, this is a bit like that. I m more than happy with all my alcohol purchases from the duty free shop on the bridge at Mae Sai. Thats all, over and out !!!!!

same same,and also the designer clothes ive bought from there.

I think the OP got 2 maybe 3 replies of where to get Guinness in cans, then again the topic went off the rails

and again 2 members got into a slanging match of who is right and who is wrong.I suggest they hold a

tasting competition,and invite everyone. they buy the booze

I think the OP got 2 maybe 3 replies of where to get Guinness in cans, then again the topic went off the rails

and again 2 members got into a slanging match of who is right and who is wrong.I suggest they hold a

tasting competition,and invite everyone. they buy the booze

Theres no slanging match here. Theres a few posters correcting the one person who said that the booze from the duty free shop at Mae Sai is fake, which it isnt. We are merely providing accurate information for the benefit of other posters on here. OK?