Looking for vacation accomondations

junglechef

Hi

Coming next week with my family, 3, 11 and 12 yr old children and wife.

Looking for a house for a few weeks or perhaps longer if we like it or a resort to stay in.

Doesn't have to be fancy, we're happy with Thai style as long as it's clean and good for the kids.

Really want to be on beach or easy access so kids can run over by themselves (no dangerous road crossing etc.)

Driving over so anywhere is fine and no need to be near restaurants etc.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

JC

p.s. Feel free to pm you have a rental etc

Pretty open, driving from Chiang Mai and think in a week or so around Rayong and/or Chantaburi, another couple on Koh Chang and then look for something on coast in Cambodia. Figure a month or two where ever the adventure takes us.

Finding that Koh Chang is tourist prices, even Airbnb and such want top "high season" prices for March even though it looks like there are many vacancies. Nobody wants to give a discount or will budge from their optimistic pricing. Perhaps we'll just go there for a few day visit unless we find something while roaming around.

Actually have been looking at Chao Lao as I've heard they have some good cycle paths and we are bringing a few bikes with us. Hope so find some good off-road xc riding during our trip too.

Thanks for the info.

JC

I liked the northern end of Chao Lao the best. It's a fun place to explore and we really liked the riverside part of Chantaburi city. Definitely go there for lunch overlooking the river...or early dinner.

Great bike lanes around Chao Lao.