Russian Tourists Robbed in Pattaya

webfact

Russian Tourists Robbed in Pattaya

%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%A3%E0%

PATTAYA: -- Two tourists had their holiday ruined after getting robbed. It happened while they were in an area without major traffic.

The incident occurred just after midnight on March 11th. Two Russian tourists were walking past a massage parlor on Naklua Road. Two teenagers drove up on a motorbike.

One of the boys grabbed Ms. Arina’s purse and attempted to steal it.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/222037/russian-tourists-robbed-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-03-11

my girlfriend had her bag stolen on sukumvit 2 nights ago , samsung galaxy edge and ID and purse etc, went to police, police done sweet FA. police asked her ( from what i can gather ) for money to give her a written report.

idiots...... coffee1.gif

Their holiday was ruined because of the theft of 4,000 baht ? Now that is traveling on a shoe-string. That's the 7/11 money gone.

Surely they had additional money back at the hotel.

I feel sorry for the ladies, but women coming to Pattaya have to be always alert for these parasites on their motorcycles. And BKK and CNX and ................

Women being severely injured or even killed in these bag snatching episodes is not uncommon.

my girlfriend had her bag stolen on sukumvit 2 nights ago , samsung galaxy edge and ID and purse etc, went to police, police done sweet FA. police asked her ( from what i can gather ) for money to give her a written report.

idiots...... coffee1.gif

My buddy had his scooter stolen in Patong. We went to the police to file a report in case

it turned up. No insurance or anything just wanted to do things the official way. The police

tried for 20 minutes to talk him out of filing a report.

BTW. The bike never did turn up. sad.png

Their holiday was ruined because of the theft of 4,000 baht ? Now that is traveling on a shoe-string. That's the 7/11 money gone.

I feel sorry for the ladies, but women coming to Pattaya have to be always alert for these parasites on their motorcycles. And BKK and CNX and ................

Women being severely injured or even killed in these bag snatching episodes is not uncommon.

Being a victim of violent robbery would ruin anyone's holiday - regardless of the amount of money lost.

Being a victim of violent robbery would ruin anyone's holiday - regardless of the amount of money lost.

exactly..not to mention the IDs, ATM cards, passports, etc that could have been in their purse. Such compassionate people on TV

exactly..not to mention the IDs, ATM cards, passports, etc that could have been in their purse. Such compassionate people on TV

I don't deny what you and Chickenfeet are saying, yes it was a violent cruel event. I had a women friend killed in BKK about 15 years ago thru this very crime. But writing one small paragraph does not explain ALL of one's feelings on a subject.

The two points I was making (1) the article gave the impression that they only had 4,000 baht to their name. I doubted that. The article did not talk about lost cards etc. I presumed in my doubt that they were back at the hotel. If it was their only money, traveling with no extra money for accidents etc. is not wise. (2) that women have to be extra alert in Thailand, sometimes even when getting about with male companions.

I always tell people coming to Thailand that this is not down-town London, Sydney or Moscow. No time to learn the ropes so you have to be extra alert. Is this or is this not true ? I have lived in the Kingdom for just over 3 decades and I still don't know all the ropes, the goal posts are continuously changing.

Don't call me incompassionate. What I have done for the people in my village in Buriram, and my extended family, in the last 34 years would be way past what I am sure you have ever done for Thailand. You don't know me and hide behind anonymity in your trolling.

Edited by Mot Dang

I don't deny what you and Chickenfeet are saying, yes it was a violent cruel event. I had a women friend killed in BKK about 15 years ago thru this very crime. But writing one small paragraph does not explain ALL of one's feelings on a subject.

The two points I was making (1) the article gave the impression that they only had 4,000 baht to their name. I doubted that. The article did not talk about lost cards etc. I presumed in my doubt that they were back at the hotel. If it was their only money, traveling with no extra money for accidents etc. is not wise. (2) that women have to be extra alert in Thailand, sometimes even when getting about with male companions.

I always tell people coming to Thailand that this is not down-town London, Sydney or Moscow. No time to learn the ropes so you have to be extra alert. Is this or is this not true ? I have lived in the Kingdom for just over 3 decades and I still don't know all the ropes, the goal posts are continuously changing.

Don't call me incompassionate. What I have done for the people in my village in Buriram, and my extended family, in the last 34 years would be way past what I am sure you have ever done for Thailand. You don't know me and hide behind anonymity in your trolling.

wow...over-reaction of the year. Relax. No one insulted your character

They are Russians , 4000 baht can be a month salary in Western Siberia.

I was robbed last year, on a busy street with people in front and behind me . I know I should not carry a bag, but it's so difficult when you have nowhere to put your brush, packet of Kleenex, some money, and your phone, when you go out. It's not about the money I lost, a few hundred baht. But I spent a whole year seeing doctors for a damaged arm, really bruised ribs( I thought I was dying .i couldn't breath!) two huge scars on my knees, and I was lucky with my face as all the skin was grazed off my forehead and nose, plus the bruises, and they healed leaving no marks. I still can't carry anything on my right arm, and it hinders me at work too. Now I'm a bit fearful out, especially when I hear a bike close to me ( which is every 10 minutes).ive lost my happy go lucky ways, and my winter stay last year in Thailand was ruined as I could not go out and looked a mess. I suppose I'm lucky nothing was broken , or worse.