Paying Electricity Bill via Internet Banking In Phuket

JetsetBkk

In years past, I had a direct debit setup from PEA to my K-Bank account, but now I'm just paying the bill at the office each month.

I would really prefer to pay via a K-Bank ATM, so I'm interested in this as well.

If Kasikorn email me back with an answer, I'll post it.

I've only just paid the Truevisions bill today and to think of all the time I've wasted waiting for my number to come up at Central rolleyes.gif

Then I found out you can pay at a 7/11. But it is so much easier to do it right where I am sitting now! biggrin.png

In years past, I had a direct debit setup from PEA to my K-Bank account, but now I'm just paying the bill at the office each month.

I would really prefer to pay via a K-Bank ATM, so I'm interested in this as well.

I usually pay at a 7/11. I would never pay electric or water bills by DD after my experience once when the meter reader mis-read the meter and I got a bill for 16,000 baht. Imagine the hassle of getting that back!

I don't think you can via K-Bank internet.

Can't do it with SCBeasy either unfortunately.

Anyone would think that Phuket was in a different country... rolleyes.gif

Yes. No-go:

Referring to your enquiry regarding bill payment feature on K-Cyber Banking Service, we would like to inform you that the service support for Metropolitan Electricity Authroity1 only. Sorry for inconvenience.

Anyway, we do recommended you to make a bill payment through any Kasikornbank branch where is your convenient.

Did a quick search.

By theory!

Bangkok Bank says there is a "PEA-ePay" system.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/OnlineBanking/PERSONALBANKING/IBANKING/BUALUANGIBANKING/SERVICES/Pages/ProvincialElectricityPayment.aspx

It requires you to register at the PEA site first.

It's all in Thai only:

http://epay.pea.co.th/epay/

(that I can reach the site only after invoking a VPN is just a sidenote blink.png Can you reach it? Looks like "maintenance".)

After that you can log in to the PEA site for payment and will then be redirected to the bank website.

AND it does not show Kasikorn as a participating bank.

AND to my understanding the OP does not want to establish DD, but simply doing his payment from the armchair.

End of theory tongue.png

post-99794-0-75782900-1457710879_thumb.j

Edited by KhunBENQ

Did a quick search.

By theory!

Bangkok Bank says there is a "PEA-ePay" system.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/OnlineBanking/PERSONALBANKING/IBANKING/BUALUANGIBANKING/SERVICES/Pages/ProvincialElectricityPayment.aspx

It requires you to register at the PEA site first.

It's all in Thai only:

http://epay.pea.co.th/epay/

(that I can reach the site only after invoking a VPN is just a sidenote blink.png Can you reach it? Looks like "maintenance".)

After that you can log in to the PEA site for payment and will then be redirected to the bank website.

AND it does not show Kasikorn as a participating bank.

AND to my understanding the OP does not want to establish DD, but simply doing his payment from the armchair.

End of theory tongue.png

attachicon.gifpeaepay.jpg

Thanks for investigating! Yes, I can reach it and got through OK - maybe they want you to use Firefox on Windows XP. Like me. cheesy.gif

Anyway, it's all in Thai so I'm not going to investigate further. But, as you say, the participating banks they show don't include Kasikorn or Krung Thai (my other bank) - although I'm not surprised about the latter rolleyes.gif. One of the reasons I got the Kasikorn account was because they seem to be a bit more, er, "modern" than the Krung Thai.

They even gave me a fake Visa card - their "Shopping card" - so I can buy stuff on the Interweb. Pretty neat, eh? biggrin.png

I really don't know what's wrong with paying by bank DD. We pay 3 different electric accounts and 2 water accounts by DD over many many years. 2 with Bangkok Bank and 3 with Siam Commercial. Never had a problem or overcharge.

Is your DD a fixed amount or is it a variable DD which depends on the meter reading?

In the UK, I used to pay a fixed amount per month and each year the amount might be adjusted up or down a bit depending on the annual reading and the total I'd paid for that year.

I really don't know what's wrong with paying by bank DD. We pay 3 different electric accounts and 2 water accounts by DD over many many years. 2 with Bangkok Bank and 3 with Siam Commercial. Never had a problem or overcharge.

Is your DD a fixed amount or is it a variable DD which depends on the meter reading?

In the UK, I used to pay a fixed amount per month and each year the amount might be adjusted up or down a bit depending on the annual reading and the total I'd paid for that year.

They are all variable DD to match the meter reading.

Well, I hope your meter reader doesn't misread it. My usual water consumption is 20 to 30 cubic metres - about 25,000 litres. One month I got a bill for 1,025,000 litres - 16,000 baht.

I even went to the water company office and said that it was a mistake. The bright sparks there said "Maybe you've got a leak." rolleyes.gif

Well, I hope your meter reader doesn't misread it. My usual water consumption is 20 to 30 cubic metres - about 25,000 litres. One month I got a bill for 1,025,000 litres - 16,000 baht.

I even went to the water company office and said that it was a mistake. The bright sparks there said "Maybe you've got a leak." rolleyes.gif

I thought we were talking about paying our electric bill online. PEA... I tried to do it as well, but I was directed to a site that was all in Thai and even with my wife "helping" we couldn't get enrolled to pay online. I can pay my phone, cable, internet, and rent online, but haven't figured a way to pay the electric online!

We will be out of country for 3 months.

Can you just pay an amount in excess of what you will use as a credit for various utilities.

ie bill this month is B1000 so just overpay by say B4000 and leave it as a credit and allow it to balance out when we return?

We will be out of country for 3 months.

Can you just pay an amount in excess of what you will use as a credit for various utilities.

ie bill this month is B1000 so just overpay by say B4000 and leave it as a credit and allow it to balance out when we return?

I rather doubt it. Maybe stop by the PEA Office and see what options you may have. My electric bill is in my landlord's name, so when I'm out of the country, I have his son pay it. I have him in my 3rd party accounts that I can pay through online banking with Bangkok Bank when I'm out of the country...

Slightly off-topic, but I've just received my PEA bill by post, in a completely different format from the bills that are usually delivered.

It looks like this is a major change.

I don't read or speak Thai, but there are no shop logos in the "payment channel" section.

The options are: PEA Office, PEA Shop, PEA Mobile Shop, Direct Debit, Agency, Mobile and Internet.

Can anyone please tell me about this new format?

Can I still pay at the 7/11?

wai.gif

post-189147-0-50254400-1458187434_thumb.

Slightly off-topic, but I've just received my PEA bill by post, in a completely different format from the bills that are usually delivered.

It looks like this is a major change.

I don't read or speak Thai, but there are no shop logos in the "payment channel" section.

The options are: PEA Office, PEA Shop, PEA Mobile Shop, Direct Debit, Agency, Mobile and Internet.

Can anyone please tell me about this new format?

Can I still pay at the 7/11?

wai.gif

attachicon.gifPEA Bill.jpg

re. 7/11: Don't think so - there's no bar code!

And your post code is 10900 - that's Chatuchak, Bangkok.

Might be best if you start a topic in that forum.

• 5 months later...

Sorry for rebooting an old-ish thread, just wondered if anyone has managed to pay Phuket PEA Online yet/recently ?

In Bangkok, I send one SMS to the MEA a month, it sends me back the balance immediately, I then pay online via SCB and it's worked for a few years now ....

Wishfull thinking perhaps !