Multi Non-O (marriage) in Canada: financial proof required?

I will apply for a new multi non-o visa based on being married to a Thai in Toronto early next week. I have got all the documents specified on the Thai Embassy website in Canada, but they do not mention financial requirements for this type of visa. Do I need any? As I have to travel (for work) to several cities, I want to make sure I have got all the right paperwork so things can go swiftly and smoothly. Does anyone here have recent experience in obtaining this type of visa in Canada?

I asked almost 2 weeks ago, but received no response on this.

Also...When I flew to Macau after the enter-before date of my previous visa (and came back on visa exemption 9 days ago), one immigration officer told my wife and I that I would need to apply for a new visa in my home country (and not in Macau.) Is that really so now, I mean do Canadians now need to apply for their Thai visa in Canada? I'm fine with it as I go back at least once a year, but that need to be considered in travel dates and planning.

Edited by scavenger

I have seen no report of financial proof being needed anywhere in Canada.

There is certainly not a requirement for you to get your visas in Canada.

People get the multiple entry non-o based upon marriage in Savannakhet about everyday.

As previous posters have mentioned, no need to return to Canada to apply for a new non-o (marriage) visa. The nearest and most convenient Thai consulate or embassy should do. However, I have heard conflicting reports about proof of finances--i.e. different consulates have different requirements. I have used Savannakhet in recent years, and no financial proof required. However, I have heard Vientiane requires it.

In any case, no need to return to your home country to apply. My Thai wife and I have been all over. When returning to MY home country to visit family, she need only apply for a visa at my embassy in the country we are staying and not apply in Thailand. I think the same should apply in your case. Good luck.

Thanks, docshock13. I thought so -- and I actually got my visa in Seoul last year -- but the i.o. at DMK was really adamant about this, and kept repeating it to my wife. For this year, I am flying back to Canada next week anyhow, so not an immediate issue. I go back once or twice a year, but I'm not sure I always want to plan these trips back home based on visa dates. Also...I have read, to mention one place, that The Thai embassy in Japan only does visas for Japanese citizens or residents. Planning ahead, for next year, does anyone know if a Canadian can get this type of visa in Australia or New Zealand, without being a resident of those countries? (My next "border run" will be in NZ, which I happen to prefer to Cambodia or Laos...and now that Air Asia flies to Auckland, airfare is very reasonable.)

Edited by scavenger

Might be easier to just get tourist visa in Canada,covert to non-o in Thailand and apply for 1yr. ext,have 400k in Thai bank for 3 mos.

400K in the bank for 2 months.

Thanks to you both for your feedback. When you say that "it might be easier to just get a tourist visa etc," do you perceive any possible diffuculty in obtaining a multi non-o in Canada and, if so, what would they be?

My "home" is here, but I work (freelance) abroad. I'll be back in Canada for 24 days, then back for 5 days, away for 5 days for a vacation with my wife in Penang, then back in Thailand for 3 weeks before leaving for work for 16 days, then less than 2 weeks in Thailand and back on the road for 3 weeks, then back here for 6 weeks before I hit the road again, and so on, I think we all get the picture here. In my circumstances, isn't a multi non-o the easiest way for me? And if not, what do I fail to see?

Thanks again for your help, and may you have a marvelous weekend!

Edited by scavenger

I just got the multiple O married visa They asked on the visa form how much your have for your stay. But this year on the new visa form it shows that it wants you to have 200,00 baht. I sent in all marriage papers wife's id card etc but I didn't copy bank statement just filled out the appropriate amount on the visa form itself. This was at the Vancouver consulate all went through and granted visa by mail quite promptly. I hope this helps

Randell

ps go to the website and print off the new non o visa

I just got the multiple O married visa They asked on the visa form how much your have for your stay. But this year on the new visa form it shows that it wants you to have 200,00 baht. I sent in all marriage papers wife's id card etc but I didn't copy bank statement just filled out the appropriate amount on the visa form itself. This was at the Vancouver consulate all went through and granted visa by mail quite promptly. I hope this helps

Randell

ps go to the website and print off the new non o visa

Just looked at the form and it only mentions 200k baht for multiple entry tourist visa. http://www.thaiconsulatevancouver.ca/consulate/documents/forms/visa-form.pdf

"6. A copy of bank statement showing a deposit of the amount equal to no less than 200,000 Baht per person or 400,000 per family (For Multiple Entry Tourist Visa)"