Bulldozer wanted

Hi aussieruss,

On page 17 of the maize thread,a good member put up a picture of a universal thai dozer,The price was 400,000 baht.

There's heaps of D2's you see around leveling blocks of land.Someone local to your area involved with excavators will put you in the right direction.

Also heaps in yards on way out of bangkok heading north.

Hi around me they use tractors i had a D2 here in oz the wife has 90 rai añd i think a big boys toy would be gòod i have been to jssr twice shit plus dear i thought i would ask on here first i will have a better look in bbk thìs trip thans for responding RUSSELL

Hi Russ,

I guess you already know the art of operating one then.thumbsup.gif

We had a D4 on a farm i worked on and i was only good at ripping tree lines with it.

As for say digging a rubbish pit it would take me a week to get down 6 feet only a blade width wide.

Didn't seem to have much power but think it was more to do with the operator.

Similary when i bought a jcb 3cx backhoe i struggled with the joysticks till i reversed the hydraulic lines so they worked the

same as an excavator then i was fine.

Good luck finding something that suits your needs but expect to pay well above aussie prices.Let us know how you get on.wai2.gif

Hey Russ from Aus there are couple of factors to consider. Obviously you know how to operate but with a Cat dozer you will need to have Hydraulic rippers, if not pretty useless.

A big factor with a track layer is that with any work to be done on the rig you have to have the mechanic come on site or transport to them if you can move it onto a trailer.

Of course everyone knows this is coming but i would say you might want to consider a Ford 6610. There are probably twenty times more mechanics that can competently work on it than a Cat Dozer. There really isn't much side hill mountain work that justifies the safety for roll-over that the track layer will give you. The Ford is Extremely versatile in the fact that you can use all its abilities with the three point system in the rear for your normal annual farming tasks. When it comes time to possibly sell, the Ford will be a much easier commodity to sell and always maintains its value if maintained. It is extremely inexpensive to maintain compared to anything else out there. Mine has a Dozer blade on the front and to split it to put in a clutch the dozer mechanism must be dealt with and when i had a clutch put in it (pulled to the mechanic with an old Ford station wagon and a chain, 20 kilometers) it cost about 6000 baht!!!!!??

Here's what i did to mine to make it outperform anything that exists in Thailand that I have seen. I built a big (wider than the rear wheel span) box scraper for the three point system in the rear. On the dozer blade on the front I made mounts behind the dozer blade where I could put five huge ripper teeth (removable with pins to lock them in) from Cat 18 Motor Grader. I rip while in reverse and when done ripping I raise the blade and drop the box and pick it all up and put it where I want it. Rip in reverse and pick it up when you go forward, no wasted motion. There is no way you can move earth faster with one operator. With the box you can get amazing compaction that is impossible with a Dozer blade. I've built roads with this box that have been in for years and still shed the water as if it was marble. It still amazes me that box scrapers are not being used almost at all in Thailand. I have found that the combo of a blade in front and box in back is a very good combination and there is a company that has built a dozer blade/loader bucket combo that can be put on a Ford, definitely very heavy but how versatile can you get? Make sure you have excellent 10 ply tires on the front.

So Russ from Aus a bit of thought Food For your Future and For Fords FFFFFFFFFFFFForever

ps I also built an extension adaptor for the front blade that I put on to make an angle dozer blade. I just built a couple of hundred meter long levee for an early planting of red hom mali and it didn't take more than 10 minutes, if that and probably a couple of five minutes of shovel work to tidy up the ends. FF

Being a generous guy, I am willing to offer up a 12 rai demonstration site for FFF to show off his wonder combo. I need klongs and ponds and "land-up" to break the rice only cycle. Russ you of course are welcome to come and observe as is anyone else.

The only stipulation is FFF works non-stop so you better bring a head torch to be able to see the night time blitzkreg in action. I'll supply the beer.