New Ford Focus.....wow

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its got a proper 6 speed auto now too and not a cvt. The honda would be good for 10 years. My civic still goes strong after 12 years. But what about the focus? Then cant compare ford and honda service. The ford would need to be considerably cheaper for me to consider it.

I could never get excited about a ''FORD''., now if it was a ''Mercedes'' or a 'BMW'' or a ''Volkswagen'' now that would get me going...

Benz I get, BMW I get if you're talking M or X, but VW?? I don't get that one. I don't get Audi either though - both those brands seem to be having a competition with Toyota for the blandest design possible :P

I could never get excited about a ''FORD''., now if it was a ''Mercedes'' or a 'BMW'' or a ''Volkswagen'' now that would get me going...

It's a Ford wow. Would say WOW if it was a mustang. All depends on the context. If the new civic came to LoS in coupé form it would get a wow. Other cars worthy of a wow include the Honda S660, new C class coupé, and when I first saw the 4 series. VW doesn't deserve any wows at the moment. Ok, all wowed out for now.

Benz I get, BMW I get if you're talking M or X, but VW?? I don't get that one. I don't get Audi either though - both those brands seem to be having a competition with Toyota for the blandest design possible :P

VW's Thai site only listed the Sirocco when I check a few weeks ago, so they seem about as bothered with us as we are with them.

Benz I get, BMW I get if you're talking M or X, but VW?? I don't get that one. I don't get Audi either though - both those brands seem to be having a competition with Toyota for the blandest design possible tongue.png

Audi and VW seem to be front runners in the worst dealer network category as well.

Benz I get, BMW I get if you're talking M or X, but VW?? I don't get that one. I don't get Audi either though - both those brands seem to be having a competition with Toyota for the blandest design possible tongue.png

VW's Thai site only listed the Sirocco when I check a few weeks ago, so they seem about as bothered with us as we are with them.

VW will be officially represented by the parent company in Thailand soon... But don't get too excited yet, unless you're in the market for an Up!

Its got a proper 6 speed auto now too and not a cvt. The honda would be good for 10 years. My civic still goes strong after 12 years. But what about the focus? Then cant compare ford and honda service. The ford would need to be considerably cheaper for me to consider it.

I guess need say Thai ford service and Thai Honda service..

Becouse I get experience with Thai Toyota.., its sims not Toyota service

Toyota probably has the best service network in LOS.....That is why Toyota is respected as the way to go...

What have you done Transam! Now we're gonna get ardokano and his Tuna story again. Where are my earplugs?!

Toyota probably has the best service network in LOS.....That is why Toyota is respected as the way to go...

Dullest cars on the planet though. I suppose if you spend a few hours every day in the service centre a Toyota makes sense. If you want the best Thai manufactured car to actually drive, then it's a Ford (unless you're stuck in an alternative reality).

But the reality is that all companies here have good and bad dealers, good cars and the occasional lemon. All companies have had bad reports about how they deal with issues and on here we have had good and bad reports about both Toyota and Ford. In my opinion it seems that dealer issues are the same whatever company is involved and the only criteria that differs is the actual vehicle. Hence I choose Ford and am glad I did.

That is great.....Can I ask how long you keep your ride in LOS.....?

Sorry. Was that aimed at me?

We had intended to keep our last vehicle for a long time, but the gulf between the new Wildtrak and our 4 year old one was so large we sold it.

We intend to keep this one for a long time, but you never know what will be available in x years time.

nothing wrong with a Focus. ours is 7 years old, never any problems except a new set of tires and for a short trip, e.g. a haircut i prefer this handy little rascal and leave Benz and Jaguar in the carport.

I must admit I don't really understand the paranoia when it comes to getting your car serviced... Yes Toyota has around 400 dealerships in Thailand - double that of Ford - but sheer numbers don't guarantee good service, just convenience. But on that, even if your dealer is 50KM away instead of 25KM, what's the issue? I mean, you have a car right? tongue.png

OTOH, I also understand that it's completely normal for people the "find a good thing and stick with it". I also do that - for example, I now only buy Apple computers, because I'm yet to have one fail me. I also prefer LG TV's over Samsung ones, etc, etc. But the difference I think in my case is, I did actually try products from a lot of other brands before I made those decisions.

When it comes to cars, JD Power surveys prove that there is no significant difference between the reliability of the mainstream Japanese, American and Korean brands sold and serviced in Thailand. If you want to let the fear of the unknown, or urban legends scare you into compromising that is your prerogative I guess.

For me, I'll just choose cars that I believe are the best at the time. It hasn't failed me yet wink.png Over the years I've owned a cars from nearly all of the mainstream brands (and a few not so mainstream) in Thailand: Mazda, Toyota (x4), Mitsubishi, Nissan, Chevrolet, Honda, Isuzu and Ford (x2). Not one of them has let me down, but all of them have pissed me off to at least some degree with their pre or after sales service - but for me, that could just be returning my call late tongue.png

Edited by IMHO

Ha ha ha, a Ford Focus, only milk and orange juice should come in 2 litres.

That said expect gear box troubles, I hear them focus's are famous for it.

Now if only you could buy these in Thailand

http://www.hsv.com.au/GEN-F2/see/gts/

If you could, you'd be cross shopping it against some pretty well respective German brands by the time it had taxes applied ;)

^^^^ The servicing. It aint about the quantity of the dealerships it is about how Ford consistently treat their customers like they are nothing more than a piece of dog doo doo on the heel of their shoe.

Well then, in my case they must be very inconsistent - my only gripe with them so far was a late house-visit appointment (pre-sales).

While I agree that the dealers service departments can be a bit hit and miss, I have always been in favor of finding an independant shop. Seems they care more for their customers. The problem - both here and in the West - is finding a good one. But once found, I try and stick with them. Of course, warranty considerations apply to those who bought new, but I try not to succumb to the temptation - and the hit you take when you leave the dealership for the first time. All the new doodads do not interest me in the least - lane assist, park assist, assist assist. My view - learn to drive.

^^^^ The servicing. It aint about the quantity of the dealerships it is about how Ford consistently treat their customers like they are nothing more than a piece of dog doo doo on the heel of their shoe.

cheesy.gif

So Toyota how?