New Ford Focus.....wow

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is also a class action lawsuit in Australia against the Ford Focus and Fiesta. I believe the years are 2011 - 2015. The Australian Fords are manufactured in Thailand. I previously mentioned I know Fiesta and Focus owners here with these issues. I know I would not touch these cars on the second-hand market despite the many other positive qualities.

I see You even do not understand about what you talking

First you talk about noise.. so i tell you may be you not try another car.. now i aee you do not try Focus even do not understan..

Let me explai to you:

1. Power shift its not real automat. its Robot.

So have clutch and when your speed down some times computer do not understand what hapened and some times do not down gear. So after can get "noisy","jerking"

as in manual when wrong up gear choice. SO its problem SOFTWARE!! some brand in old robot auto trans in unstruction for user talking about if your speed be near 0 mast move to "N" and after come back to "D"..

Its as in macrowave instruction : cant in animal !!cheesy.gif ...

2. Its almast happened on 1.6 becouse its low power than 2.0 so can easy look" problem".

3. I am out of habit, even an automatic transmission during deceleration often translate the lever in position "N". so then i use pover shift( not only on ford on Volvo its simular)

i do not filling any problem. I often twist the engine over 2,500 rpm. SO even in 1.6 if do it cant felling problem on low speed( not when stop, when stop still may be can get it)

4. New software can soft this is problem...

5. In 1.5 turbo 2015 model i not hear about problem.. becouse its NEW software and engine more power..

I say all this from personal experience. rather than the familiar rumors..

so Now you tell me you compare whith WHAT CAR!! when tell me "Google" transmission noise Ford Focus" and you follow one of the many links including YouTube. "

coffee1.gif

I not liking that price Tag of 1.1 million for the Focus.. Honda Civic looks much better inside and it's only 1.2... Thought the focus would only be 1 million max.. That's pretty steep... The focus has better Handling and more power but it's overpriced imo

I not liking that price Tag of 1.1 million for the Focus.. Honda Civic looks much better inside and it's only 1.2... Thought the focus would only be 1 million max.. That's pretty steep... The focus has better Handling and more power but it's overpriced imo

Ha ha why overprice? Civic as vegetable for 1.2 m not overpriced focus ovepriced?cheesy.gif

You say better handeling..more power..

it is not logical

PC

in Thai marcket ALL car overpricedwink.png

When you consider all the bells and whistles that come as standard equipment on the Focus and many that simply are not available on the competition I don't understand how you reached your conclusion. I have not even mentioned your own words the Focus has better handling and more power. I have seen the new Civic and I like it a lot (especially the interior) but the Focus appears to be an excellent value.

The Focus has more kit than the Civic and more power. Considering the S+ was 1.079 when launched in July 2012 I think the price tag of 1.099 is pretty good. I expected the pricing to be on a par with the Civic and was pleasantly surprised.

When you consider all the bells and whistles that come as standard equipment on the Focus and many that simply are not available on the competition I don't understand how you reached your conclusion. I have not even mentioned your own words the Focus has better handling and more power. I have seen the new Civic and I like it a lot (especially the interior) but the Focus appears to be an excellent value.

Doesnt change that its one of the ugliest car on the road and has horrible resale value.

Doesnt change that its one of the ugliest car on the road and has horrible resale value.

Beauty is subjective and in the eye of beholder, and yes it pales only to resale leaders Toyota and Honda.

I kind of agree with BearPolar in some ways.

Design wise, It's big on sporty, low on elegance.

The "Kinetic design" Fiesta and Focus looked awesome back a few years ago when we first saw them, but maybe that was just because back then, other offerings were just so bland. I don't think that Kinetic design has stood the test of time as well as many people thought it would - now it does seem a little over-designed TBH. The Koreans did a much better job with the same styling elements IMHO, and Mazda's Kodo design heavily simplified those elements for an even more polished appearance.

If you look at sales charts in countries like AU and NZ, where Ford don't have an image problem to overcome, the sales numbers prove that a lot of buyers feel the same about Kinetic Design - in those markets, you buy a Mazda3, or a Mazda3.

Edited by IMHO

There is also a class action lawsuit in Australia against the Ford Focus and Fiesta. I believe the years are 2011 - 2015. The Australian Fords are manufactured in Thailand. I previously mentioned I know Fiesta and Focus owners here with these issues. I know I would not touch these cars on the second-hand market despite the many other positive qualities.

I see You even do not understand about what you talking

First you talk about noise.. so i tell you may be you not try another car.. now i aee you do not try Focus even do not understan..

Let me explai to you:

1. Power shift its not real automat. its Robot.

So have clutch and when your speed down some times computer do not understand what hapened and some times do not down gear. So after can get "noisy","jerking"

as in manual when wrong up gear choice. SO its problem SOFTWARE!! some brand in old robot auto trans in unstruction for user talking about if your speed be near 0 mast move to "N" and after come back to "D"..

Its as in macrowave instruction : cant in animal !!cheesy.gif ...

2. Its almast happened on 1.6 becouse its low power than 2.0 so can easy look" problem".

3. I am out of habit, even an automatic transmission during deceleration often translate the lever in position "N". so then i use pover shift( not only on ford on Volvo its simular)

i do not filling any problem. I often twist the engine over 2,500 rpm. SO even in 1.6 if do it cant felling problem on low speed( not when stop, when stop still may be can get it)

4. New software can soft this is problem...

5. In 1.5 turbo 2015 model i not hear about problem.. becouse its NEW software and engine more power..

I say all this from personal experience. rather than the familiar rumors..

so Now you tell me you compare whith WHAT CAR!! when tell me "Google" transmission noise Ford Focus" and you follow one of the many links including YouTube. "

coffee1.gif

Sir, you sound like a Ford public relations person, that Ford must "educate" the public about their Powershift transmission. When customers complain and bring their cars in for repair the first thing Ford tries is software upgrade. This is a delaying tactic. On my friends Fiesta and Focus their cars are now out of warranty and they still have transmission problems. Your anger is misplaced, it should be against Ford for designing and defending this transmission and not the customer. I will give Ford credit and the new torque converter transmission in the "new" Focus should solve this problem. I personally believe the transmission problem has filtered it's way to the resale market which perhaps explains my friend's trade-in offer of 350,000 for a just out of warranty 2012 Ford Focus Titanium with only 12,000 km. He paid over 1M baht just 3 years ago.

Edited by ThaiBob

I personally believe the transmission problem has filtered it's way to the resale market which perhaps explains my friend's trade-in offer of 350,000 for a just out of warranty 2012 Ford Focus Titanium with only 12,000 km. He paid over 1M baht just 3 years ago.

Yikes ! That is quite a hit ! Off topic - but like the GM ignition switch cluster ---- ! Cheaper to Deny Deny.

The "Kinetic design" Fiesta and Focus looked awesome back a few years ago when we first saw them, but maybe that was just because back then, other offerings were just so bland. I don't think that Kinetic design has stood the test of time as well as many people thought it would - now it does seem a little over-designed TBH. The Koreans did a much better job with the same styling elements IMHO, and Mazda's Kodo design heavily simplified those elements for an even more polished appearance.

If you look at sales charts in countries like AU and NZ, where Ford don't have an image problem to overcome, the sales numbers prove that a lot of buyers feel the same about Kinetic Design - in those markets, you buy a Mazda3, or a Mazda3.

Design wise I like the Focus I think it looks purposeful. I assess a car largely on performance, comfort safety etc and aim to buy the best in class. I bought the Mazda BT50 3.2R 3 years ago as it was best in class then when no Wildtraks were available and the Mazda isn't a looker. Then again I own an English Bull Terrier in Thailand and her looks aren't to everyone's taste. Maybe the Focus is the English Bull Terrier of the small to medium size car world.In the UK the Fiesta is the top selling car and the Focus is the 3rd.

10% down and 0% over 72 months for New Focus

Not bad, but is that 10% down AND 0% interest?...it sounds like they are not expecting to move many at the show. At 100K less than the top model honda RS (but about the same as the base model 1.5 honda), I think it's worth a close look.

I personally believe the transmission problem has filtered it's way to the resale market which perhaps explains my friend's trade-in offer of 350,000 for a just out of warranty 2012 Ford Focus Titanium with only 12,000 km. He paid over 1M baht just 3 years ago.

Yikes ! That is quite a hit ! Off topic - but like the GM ignition switch cluster ---- ! Cheaper to Deny Deny.

That's really low-balling it. The car tents have it for 500K for the 12-13 top model. Who offered 350K ??

Edited by DavisH

That's really low-balling it. The car tents have it for 500K for the 12-13 top model. Who offered 350K ??
Don't recall now but not important as few car dealers have used (certified) cars sales (BMW, Mercedes, Toyota Sure the exceptions). They call a tent who purchases the car for cash for the dealer. The customer is at a disadvantage because he needs the cash and wants to close the deal quickly. I had a similar experience with a Toyota dealer a few years back. I thought the offer was lowball but after driving around to several tents I found the original offer was a fair representation of the cars value. A friend had a similar problem a few years back selling a Ford Escape and practically gave the car away. Edited by ThaiBob

Don't recall now but not important as few car dealers have used (certified) cars sales (BMW, Mercedes, Toyota Sure the exceptions). They call a tent who purchases the car for cash for the dealer. The customer is at a disadvantage because he needs the cash and wants to close the deal quickly. I had a similar experience with a Toyota dealer a few years back. I thought the offer was lowball but after driving around to several tents I found the original offer was a fair representation of the cars value. A friend had a similar problem a few years back selling a Ford Escape and practically gave the car away.

My Ford Fiesta Sport is coming up to be 5 year old.. The Thai Garages have the same car for Sale at 299000 baht.. I'm going to Advertise mine for 240000 and see what happens..

Don't recall now but not important as few car dealers have used (certified) cars sales (BMW, Mercedes, Toyota Sure the exceptions). They call a tent who purchases the car for cash for the dealer. The customer is at a disadvantage because he needs the cash and wants to close the deal quickly. I had a similar experience with a Toyota dealer a few years back. I thought the offer was lowball but after driving around to several tents I found the original offer was a fair representation of the cars value. A friend had a similar problem a few years back selling a Ford Escape and practically gave the car away.

My Ford Fiesta Sport is coming up to be 5 year old.. The Thai Garages have the same car for Sale at 299000 baht.. I'm going to Advertise mine for 240000 and see what happens..

Why not take it to a tent and see what they give you? Curious manual or auto Powershift?

People are proud of their Everest and Ranger because its a good looking, quality car

The people who post about the focus/fiesta are the same as the almera/march guys.. They post about it because of value and to feel better about driving in the equivalent of a mullet's haircut for cars.

Why not take it to a tent and see what they give you? Curious manual or auto Powershift?

Auto Powershift :-(

People are proud of their Everest and Ranger because its a good looking, quality car

The people who post about the focus/fiesta are the same as the almera/march guys.. They post about it because of value and to feel better about driving in the equivalent of a mullet's haircut for cars.

Perhaps the Focus owners are just happy not to have over paid for a Honda or Toyota which looks more boring and not as good to drive ?

I guess that is why Honda guys post about dealer service and resale value. Corolla owners would probably post about reliability, if they posted here at all. whistling.gif

Sir, you sound like a Ford public relations person, that Ford must "educate" the public about their Powershift transmission. When customers complain and bring their cars in for repair the first thing Ford tries is software upgrade. This is a delaying tactic. On my friends Fiesta and Focus their cars are now out of warranty and they still have transmission problems. Your anger is misplaced, it should be against Ford for designing and defending this transmission and not the customer. I will give Ford credit and the new torque converter transmission in the "new" Focus should solve this problem. I personally believe the transmission problem has filtered it's way to the resale market which perhaps explains my friend's trade-in offer of 350,000 for a just out of warranty 2012 Ford Focus Titanium with only 12,000 km. He paid over 1M baht just 3 years ago.

biggrin.png

1. Why i need angry for ford? Brand not give me any problem..

agaime tell you How i use i am even do not know about this is problem antil some friend not tell me..

wink.png . And this is be company car..

I am even not realy like this is brand just few model as "horse"1958 .. before enjoy sierra and scorpions..

3, You start talking about noisy.. wink.png so i ansver..

PS anyway I am not buy tthis is kind car its out my needs..

just if only be outmarket price ( so down)

But i still thinks its good deal in thaimarket for this is class car.. just only one "-" lost price on second habd, but its can be "+" if buy second handthumbsup.gif

and i prefer manualrolleyes.gif ...

Anyway.. best regards and injoy any car you choosewai.gif

I'm shocked at how bland and boring this New Focus looks like and only 100000 less than the civic.. I want to buy the Focus but it's going to cost me to put new Alloys on because those they come with are Horrid.. Lowering the springs and it needs the RS boot spoiler to make it look more exciting.. Still can't believe it's over 1 million baht to Buy

Perhaps the Focus owners are just happy not to have over paid for a Honda or Toyota which looks more boring and not as good to drive ?

I guess that is why Honda guys post about dealer service and resale value. Corolla owners would probably post about reliability, if they posted here at all. whistling.gif

If you seriously think that it looks better than the civic then you best get to specsavers.. Look at the Alloys they are Rank.. I'm a Focus supporter but no way does it look better than a civic RS

I'm shocked at how bland and boring this New Focus looks like and only 100000 less than the civic.. I want to buy the Focus but it's going to cost me to put new Alloys on because those they come with are Horrid.. Lowering the springs and it needs the RS boot spoiler to make it look more exciting.. Still can't believe it's over 1 million baht to Buy

Put it into perspective. My 2.0 honda 2004 was nearly 1M baht new and has hardly any of the kit of either the honda rs or the focus (2 airbags and a 6 stack CD player lol). The main problem is the unknown resale of the focus. The honda will be good based on the companies history.

The Focus has some great tech - especially with the jump to the SYNC3 system and the new perpendicular parking/unparking support. We know it handles well, if not best for the class, and now it has an engine that's class leading as well.

If I was 20 years younger, I would probably think it looks better than the new Civic - Kinetic is a sporty and very youthful styling language. I'm not that age though, and prefer the Mazda3 and all-new Civic's more elegant styling.

That said, this is not the class of car I buy in, so I won't be putting my money where my mouth is either way tongue.png

Edited by IMHO

The Focus has some great tech - especially with the jump to the SYNC3 system and the new perpendicular parking/unparking support. We know it handles well, if not best for the class, and now it has an engine that's class leading as well.

If I was 20 years younger, I would probably think it looks better than the new Civic - Kinetic is a sporty and very youthful styling language. I'm not that age though, and prefer the Mazda3 and all-new Civic's more elegant styling.

That said, this is not the class of car I buy in, so I won't be putting my money where my mouth is either way tongue.png

post-175700-0-82271600-1458814765_thumb.

I don't think many Bangkok taxi drivers post on TV

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant