Looking for familly car

Zendo

This one is good to read and much more accurate than previous post outdated

http://phys.org/news/2016-01-car.html

Meanwhile Toyota recently introduced a new suite of features called Safety Sense which will be offered on nearly all models by 2017.

When first introduced on Lexus vehicles it cost an additional $6,000. Toyota has now managed to bring the price down to $300 to $630, spokesman Mike Kroll said.17.

Monday saw the first civil trial over a deadly ignition switch defect which General Motors hid from safety regulators for more than a decade and is linked to at least 124 deaths.

Automakers are still working to replace potentially explosive airbags by Japanese supplier Takata in 19 million vehicles in the United States.

do Honda recall their cars in Thailand too for these airbags problems ?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

.5b difference with 95 per km but with 91/e20 it will be different

remember that e85 gives you a power boost as well

Myself as long as e85 is 30% cheaper, its better than 91 as the car uses about 23-25% more fuel.

E20 has also 95 octane. Gasolhol 91 only 91, as shown in the name.

The alcohol in the E85 has a lower energy content than petrol. That is the reason for the lower fuel efficiency compared to Gasohol 95. But I don't found any power difference between Gasohol 95, E20 and E85 on my Mazda 3 and CX-3.

E20 is based on benzene 91. (20% ethanol + 80% benzene 91). E10 = gasohol 91. I've never used gasohol 95, but I assume that is 10% ethanol + 90% benzene 95. I notice my swift runs a little better on E10 than E20. I run on E10 now as fuel prices have dripped considerably.

This one is good to read and much more accurate than previous post outdated

http://phys.org/news/2016-01-car.html

Meanwhile Toyota recently introduced a new suite of features called Safety Sense which will be offered on nearly all models by 2017.

When first introduced on Lexus vehicles it cost an additional $6,000. Toyota has now managed to bring the price down to $300 to $630, spokesman Mike Kroll said.17.

Monday saw the first civil trial over a deadly ignition switch defect which General Motors hid from safety regulators for more than a decade and is linked to at least 124 deaths.

Automakers are still working to replace potentially explosive airbags by Japanese supplier Takata in 19 million vehicles in the United States.

do Honda recall their cars in Thailand too for these airbags problems ?

I have a 2004 civic but don't ever remember a recall for airbags. Doesn't matter anyway as my airbag sensor failed years ago. I didn't fix it as the cost to replace it was astronomical.

I don't drive it much these days so never bothered with it.

thanks IMHO for this post, interresting as I didn't know much about the seatbelt pre-tensioners.

Is that available on cars in Thailand too ?

Also, I dig much about airbags, all tests talks about driver and passenger.. but there is almost no data for back seats side airbags.

What I understand about all this is that if your are small : airbag is more dangerous for you than for tall people.

Anyway for kids the best remains the dedicated seats that are well fixed.. and if possible never put them in front.

I find something talking about sensors checking people position in the car, and if people are too small then the airbags are turned off by the computer.

Wearing glasses is also not good in front of airbags.

It seems common to find reports talking about 15% to 25% increase in safety with seatbelts pre-tensioners + airbags system, but there is not datas for seatbelt.

last thing.. airbags that don't deploy in an accident is a problem for rescue, generaly emergency staff wait minimum 10mn with battery unpluged to be sure that it won't start when trying to take people out of the car so it can't make more injuries and also the gaz used for airbags is not safe, have to take care of that too when rescue want to help.

Seatbelt pre-tensioners are now standard in all current makes and models.

Additionally, many models will now disable the front airbags individually if the occupants are not wearing their seatbelt - if the car has a nagging chime about seatbelts for driver/front passenger, chances are it does so because the consequence of not wearing the safety belt is that the airbags will be disabled.

As for side and curtain airbags, it's hard to imagine these causing any injury to occupants, but easy to see how they would help. Just watch some side impact crash tests ;)

Edited by IMHO