Looking for familly car

Zendo

Hello,

Since 2 month now I have been trying severals cars models and I have been disapointed each time I tryed a vehicule here, even real expensive ones...

the problem might come from me.. I am used to drive MPV vehicule in Europe like Renault Scenic, peugeot 3008 or Citroen C4 picasso and that is really comfortable and full a technology as well !

I don't really like big SUV... too heavy, too expensive and not enjoyable driving.

I like leather on my wheel only, not on the seats.. and I mean real "leather" not plastic.

Also I want cruise control but with manual gear box or a real good auto gear box and being able to setup cruise control speed with a dedicated screen for it, so you can really fine tune your desired speed.

Does anyone is having an idea of what model can fit in it ?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sadly most rides are auto here and as you have already experienced the most likely candidates for you are from Honda who insist on flogging the CVT dead horse.

The only others that are similarish to what you want are the Fortuna/Everest/Pajero SUVS but fall into the too large category.

What's your maximum budget? Have you looked at Suzuki, Subaru, Hyundai or Kia?

Sadly most rides are auto here and as you have already experienced the most likely candidates for you are from Honda who insist on flogging the CVT dead horse.

The only others that are similarish to what you want are the Fortuna/Everest/Pajero SUVS but fall into the too large category.

The Fortuner is quite massive !!

the Everest too...

the Pajero is one of MMe's Favorite

I like the MU-x too

but they are all very huge car.. that is for sure !

I didn't check Suzuki, Subaru, Hyundai or Kia carrefully yet, have to give them one chance.

After thinking a lot.. I think I can also sitch to pick-up. hey, this is Thailand after all ?? old child dream can be true.. for cheaper than thoses huge cars, well... a bit cheaper.

I tried fews and the Ford Ranger XLT seems very good, but Impossible to try it on manual transmission here in CM, but it seems to be a good compromise too...

budget is about 1M bath max.. or bit more.. but I'll prefer a bit less.

You looked at smaller SUV's like the Mazda CX-5, Nissan X-Trail and Honda CR-V?

Honda has also the Modulo, the new B-RV and the Freed, all 7-seaters. Some of my foreign friends drive the Freed and they are quite happy with its space on that small footprint.

I also looked at the Freed, but it is underpowered for my and I don't like the CVT transmission. So we chose the Mazda CX-5 (2.2 l Diesel with AWD).

The new Nissan X-Trail with 7 seats seems to be popular. It's CVT seems to be better (less boring) than the of its competitors.

The Fortuner is quite massive !!

the Everest too...

the Pajero is one of MMe's Favorite

I like the MU-x too

but they are all very huge car.. that is for sure !

I didn't check Suzuki, Subaru, Hyundai or Kia carrefully yet, have to give them one chance.

After thinking a lot.. I think I can also sitch to pick-up. hey, this is Thailand after all ?? old child dream can be true.. for cheaper than thoses huge cars, well... a bit cheaper.

I tried fews and the Ford Ranger XLT seems very good, but Impossible to try it on manual transmission here in CM, but it seems to be a good compromise too...

budget is about 1M bath max.. or bit more.. but I'll prefer a bit less.

I have the Ranger Wildtrak 2.2 manual and had to test drive an automatic. The XLT doesn't have all the toys of the WT though. Also I'm fairly sure the pickups are bigger than the SUVs, but much cheaper of course.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

I tried today the CX5... it's a real nice machine.. but SO expensive for what it is... i couldn't believe it !

There is also too many mistakes on this car for that price that makes me feel bad about this car, but yes there is a real comfortable drive with this mazda, but it's too heavy and expensive ...They really abused !!

I can't accept any CVT car from honda.. I hated it today on the HVR driving test.. horrible gear box, even worst than the one I tried on Nissan navara.. I'll have to try the xtrail.. but has i didn't really like the Qashqai.. i have really little hope in Nissan now...

very hard to be satisfied now.... getting older I guess ^^

I have the Ranger Wildtrak 2.2 manual and had to test drive an automatic. The XLT doesn't have all the toys of the WT though. Also I'm fairly sure the pickups are bigger than the SUVs, but much cheaper of course.

OK, can you tell me more about your Widtrak Manual ? the XLT has almost all the toys of wildtrak, but not the orange color ^^ !

Pickups are bigger and gives better feeling inside.. i have a kind of claustrophobia in SUV.

Pick up is also very usefull to bring all family to pic nic anwhere... I like that idea !

^^^trying o convice myself slowly^

OK, can you tell me more about your Widtrak Manual ? the XLT has almost all the toys of wildtrak, but not the orange color ^^ !

Pickups are bigger and gives better feeling inside.. i have a kind of claustrophobia in SUV.

Pick up is also very usefull to bring all family to pic nic anwhere... I like that idea !

To be honest Ford's website would be more comprehensive and they had both models on display at Ford Chiang Mai when I ordered mine, so you could go and see for yourself.

The main difference is the 8" screen with Sync2, better seats & trim, nicer alloys, softer suspension and the excellent reversing camera.

FYI, the cabs of the 3 main SUVs are basically the same as their pickup counterparts with the top of the range Everest having lighter trim and a huge sunroof, so there's no way the SUVs would feel claustrophobic compared to a pickup.

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

Edited by JaseTheBass

"claustrophobia in SUV"blink.png

You mast buy cabrio

or bus with big windowbiggrin.png

Edited by ardokano

You mast buy cabrio

That's like my previous car ... it's caled "VISIOSPACE" , lol

marketing appart, that's true, real good feelling with full view and so much space around you !

sC4%20PICASSO%2006.jpg

You mast buy cabrio

That's like my previous car ... it's caled "VISIOSPACE" , lol

marketing appart, that's true, real good feelling with full view and so much space around you !

sC4%20PICASSO%2006.jpg

so suv in thai around 1 ml but and truck not yoursbiggrin.png

How you can like New PJS if view from the driver's seat is worse than the oldwai.gif

May be can help sunroof On EV or X-trail?

But Nissan Xtrail a bad review of the driver's seat.

Anyway good luck.. its not easy choes car in Thailandbiggrin.png

Family car, less than 1 million....Suzuki Ertiga and Toyota Avanza comes to mind. If you are looking for a sporty car you will cry of disappointment, but i assume you will bring your kids, then you won't need a race car anyway right?

http://www.suzuki.co.th/webpage/ertiga/price.html

http://www.toyota.co.th/en/model/avanza

I had a good look at both of them and rented each one for a day or two to get enough time to evaluate. In the end the Toyota has won.

How you can like New PJS if view from the driver's seat is worse than the oldwai.gif

=> Mme likes Pajero look/design.. I never tried it on enter inside anyone of this mitsubishi... and for me i think it's too huge car and the back looks ugly.

=> Xtrail is coming with CVT anyway.. it won't be a good choice for me.

thank you for the good luck wishes !

Look them over, test drive them and buy the one that you like the best. I would advise you to buy a Thai built car simply because of parts and service. All the new cars are good. Don't pay any attention to the biased opinions. Most of those opinions are from drivers who for many years have never had anything except their preferred brand. Most serious vehicle problems result from owner negligence. Any vehicle can have problems but most don't regardless of brand.

An example of that is my wife had a Suzuki motorbike. It was a very good little bike, years of trouble free service with never a problem. She took it to the local village bike shop for an oil change. They drained the oil and did not put any back in. Of course it fried the engine. Now, in her opinion, Suzuki is no good. She bought a new a Honda. I told her that if the Honda engine runs without oil, it too will fry the engine. Once they form an opinion, it cannot easily be changed. Facts mean nothing.

That is totally true even in Europe, that is why sellers are trying their best to make you change your mind and buy a car from their brand, and they can go far in discount for that.. one car means often all the others car you'll buy later too and all the advertissement you'll make for them, for free !

In the village here, there is no point to talk about yamaha or suzuki motorbikes.. only Honda rules it here, have to go downtown CM to find something else ^^ strange isn't it !?

For my car here, the problem is that what I want does not exist in LOS, so I'll have to make compromises in needs and satisfaction... will end up seling my VIOS to get an Avenza or an Innova at the end ! or a pickup for the same price, something that can happen too ^^

I think your are right Steve187

on the other hand pickups are really expensive in France.. here is cheaper than SUVS ^^ crazy !

And Citroen is selling cars here.. but only personnals cars are : DS3 & DS4, that cost a lot and are not really familly cars.. but yeah this is awsome cars... best comfort ever !

Edited by Zendo

Cars are expensive here. There's no point to keep comparing to the "West" - but while you're at it you may as well compare resale and service charges. Maybe you will feel better. Live with it or take a bus. Something like the new honda civic / ford focus are suitable for your budget and not outrageously more expensive than back home (the new focus will have a regular 6 speed auto, if you hate cvt's that much).

=> Mme likes Pajero look/design.. I never tried it on enter inside anyone of this mitsubishi... and for me i think it's too huge car and the back looks ugly.

I do not know what problem you have with CVT? But in Thaimarket not have fast car( i not even not talking about suv)

So:

1.If you want good handling and not slow suv its be crossover- mazda cx3 or cx 5

2. If you want ve fast selling and less loss on second hand its be Fortuner. And New fortuner have some better acceleration so its cant say its be slow. And may be have some offroad ... vut its frame suv so handling on road its not better thik for tgus is car.

3. If you want some work horse with good offroad "skils". Low(good) price and have some comfort on ofroad its be PJS. But its 100% not car for road "ride" its handling maybe wrose in class. And it car still can fast selling and may be not so much loss same Fortuner.

4. If you want some comfort on road keep gas, not bad handling good spec in option and not so much slow its can be X- Trail.

5. If you want very good comfort not bad hadling, can go offroad, top spec fuction . Not slow suv. Its be EV

6. CRV its ve wrose in speed( pover engine cill trasmission) but its still good for some space in crossover. And stil vel handling.

PS

I do not know wgy you beed realy SUV?

Why not sedan. Teana its good balance speed+handling+comfort but nissan not good advertaising in Thailand so loss more in second hand price.

But its good if you not care buy second hand.

Sorry for my english

I do not know what problem you have with CVT? But in Thaimarket not have fast car( i not even not talking about suv)

So:

1.If you want good handling and not slow suv its be crossover- mazda cx3 or cx 5

2. If you want ve fast selling and less loss on second hand its be Fortuner. And New fortuner have some better acceleration so its cant say its be slow. And may be have some offroad ... vut its frame suv so handling on road its not better thik for tgus is car.

3. If you want some work horse with good offroad "skils". Low(good) price and have some comfort on ofroad its be PJS. But its 100% not car for road "ride" its handling maybe wrose in class. And it car still can fast selling and may be not so much loss same Fortuner.

4. If you want some comfort on road keep gas, not bad handling good spec in option and not so much slow its can be X- Trail.

5. If you want very good comfort not bad hadling, can go offroad, top spec fuction . Not slow suv. Its be EV

6. CRV its ve wrose in speed( pover engine cill trasmission) but its still good for some space in crossover. And stil vel handling.

PS

I do not know wgy you beed realy SUV?

Why not sedan. Teana its good balance speed+handling+comfort but nissan not good advertaising in Thailand so loss more in second hand price.

But its good if you not care buy second hand.

Sorry for my english

Why not just go online. Consumer reports for all cars and trucks ever made. Why waste a whole day on Thai Visa, talking with these expects.

A pickup truck is cheaper and makes a great family car, you can throw a lot of stuff in the back and it easily fits 5 people.

That is exactly what i am thinking more and more ^^ and prices are really correct for that quality vehicules.. I just have to drop the real comfort i used to have before, but Having a big truck could be very fun, I drove an isuzu few years back, that was not bad at all... Maybe one day, i'll buy a racing car.

Why not just go online. Consumer reports for all cars and trucks ever made. Why waste a whole day on Thai Visa, talking with these expects.

I do not know why you ask me about that. I do not choes now car.

But may ve i can ansver.

Consumer report its not big differen with what say some people on forum.

Even i am not sure its not be sponsored vy some brand.

But in forum have some + ... its can ask peopple detail WHY they say some about some car.

A pickup truck is cheaper and makes a great family car, you can throw a lot of stuff in the back and it easily fits 5 people.

Pickup truck family car? :)

Its farmer or worker car , but sur its not family.

Family car its minivan evrywhere be.

As housewife car camry or lexus LS its can be say famyli car.

Vut pickup?:)

If say like this is can say any car where have 4-5 sit its be family.

:)

Pickup truck family car? smile.png

Its farmer or worker car , but sur its not family.

Family car its minivan evrywhere be.

As housewife car camry or lexus LS its can be say famyli car.

Vut pickup?smile.png

If say like this is can say any car where have 4-5 sit its be family.

smile.png

Depends on the model. Top of the range trucks are becoming more like SUVs, but unless you have actually driven one you'd still be living in 2011.