How to pay TrueMove H mobile bill from overseas?

wpcoe

I've been in the USA for a few weeks, and it looks like I'll be here for a while longer. My True mobile phone bill has been paid via direct debit from my SCB account for a few years now, but I recently noticed via the True mobile app that for some reason the February bill was not paid, and I fear the March bill won't be either. I would like to have mobile phone service when I land in BKK, whenever that might be, so I'd like to make payment. Not so easy, apparently.

Via the Android app or using a computer browser (https://iservice.truecorp.co.th/payments) the response to making a payment via credit card is:

post-33251-0-38826600-1457914437_thumb.g

Over the past week I've used different VISA cards (from USA banks) and tried weekday, weekend, daytime and night time. Consistently get the error, so apparently *that* doesn't work.

I tried using the MasterCard ATM card attached to my SCB account, but SCB insists on sending an OTP to my mobile before it can authorize payment, and even though I've enabled global roaming at a True Move office in Thailand, it has never worked for me in the USA, so *that* doesn't work.

I tried paying via online banking with Bangkok Bank and SCB but they both rely on OTP (one time passwords) to my mobile. So *that* option is out, too.

Is there some other way to pay this bill? How many months of unpaid bills will True tolerate before suspending service?

Leave it to True to suddenly stop direct-billing via debit to my SCB bank account when I'm overseas... rolleyes.gif

(And, yes, there's plenty of money in the SCB account to cover my B640 monthlly bills.)

Have a look here: http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/?ln=en Look for "Contact Us", or "get in touch" at bottom of page, or look on Google for a phone number. Try 1331, or Call center,

There is even an online chat option as well, but last year I spoke to to an English speaking Customer Service rep on the phone ( a BKK number), and they were very helpful. You may be able to get them to reinstate your direct debit.

Have a look here: http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/?ln=en Look for "Contact Us", or "get in touch" at bottom of page, or look on Google for a phone number. Try 1331, or Call center,

There is even an online chat option as well, but last year I spoke to to an English speaking Customer Service rep on the phone ( a BKK number), and they were very helpful. You may be able to get them to reinstate your direct debit.

+66 (0) 89-100-1331 will get you the call center from outside of Thailand

I'm in the USA and the monthly SIM from RoamMobility I use (because global roaming doesn't work in the USA with my True SIM -- even though two True offices verified that I'm signed-up/authorized for it) doesn't allow outgoing international calls other than Canada & Mexico.

I tried Live Chat on the Android app and it never connected. I didn't think to try Live Chat through a browser on a computer. I just tried it and got bounced back to the home page. I'll try again later.

Also, I just tried again to pay online with my US VISA card, and I didn't get the "Sorry, we cannot process your payment now..." screen. I *think* I got farther into the process, but got stuck on a screen with "Loading..." with a rotating series of dots for 18 minutes. I closed the browser tab and will try again later.

Not sure, but I think I'm making progress?

Well, folks, I'm throwing in the towel. Without True's global roaming working on my SIM in the US, and with still not being able to pay via VISA card, I'm just giving up. My first stop out for Customs at BKK airport will be to the True kiosk to see if they will take payment, and hope that my service has not been suspended.

I believe you shouldn't give up trying to pay by your US credit cards. I am currently out of Thailand and have needed to pay my True Move H bill by my cards. 7 times out of 10, "Sorry we can't process your payment.....later." pops up. It only works occasionally, and I realized that it only worked when I tried during their office hours as if they checked my foreign credit cards manually. It often didn't work although I tried during their office hours. Yes, I know you'll be sick and tired of being rejected 7 times in a row, but in my case I was successful for the 8th time.

• 1 year later...

I have a similar problem.  I am trying to top up my account using an international credit card which has always worked in the past.  After entering the credit card information online, the data is sent to ''verified by Visa'.  The system tells me that the transaction has been declined.  However, when i check with my credit card company online, the transactions (multiple) are 'pending'.  

I spoke with Truemove support today.   Apparently, the company is no longer accepting payments using foreign (non-Thai) credit cards.  She was not able to refer me to any online posted change of policy o''r email the information.  The Management has issued this  'internal notification'!  I will try to transfer my number to another carrier when i am back in town.