18 wheel truck crashes into house in Pattaya

webfact

18 wheel truck crashes into house in Pattaya
Thaivisa Reporters

18w.jpg

CHONBURI:-- An 18 wheel truck-trailer carrying old plastic pellets, veered out of control and crashed into the house of the manager of a cement company, seriously damaging it. Fortunately no one was injured.

On 12th March 2016 at 01:00am, Police Lieutenant Manot Thipwet, a police investigator from Bang Lamung police station, was alerted about an 18 wheel truck-trailer crashing into a person's home and severely damaging it. The incident occurred on Soi Wat Tung Grad, Moo 8, Tambon Bang Lamung, Bang Lamung District, Chonburi. After being alerted, the police went to investigate.

At the scene was the 18 wheel truck-trailer which was carrying a container with more than 21 tons of plastic pellets from the Thai Kochasan Company. The 30 year old driver, Mr. Wirasak Khunchanmok, crashed into the single storey town house, smashing through the fence and pulling the other fence rails down too. The spirit house and trees were also damaged and the front section of the truck collided with the pillars of the house causing further damage.

Speaking with the house owner, Mr.Somnuk Chayakul, 47, he said that he was shocked aftering hearing about the truck crashing into his from a neighbour.

Mr Somnuk explained that he and his family were out of town when the incident occurred, stating that his family would normally have been asleep inside the property at that time.

Mr.Somnuk said that the road has a lot of heavy-duty vehicles driving around the clock causing the road to become damaged too.

Police Lieutenant Manot Thipwet, who is in charge of the investigation, took some photographs to be used as evidence. He also detained the driver of the 18 wheeler, Mr. Wirasak Khunchanmok, at Bang Lamung police station to further investigate and report allegations of reckless driving and causing property damage to others.

tvn.png
-- 2016-03-14

Since months these crazy overloaded sugar cane trucks steam up the village road passing our house.

Little risk.

But some fight down to be weighed (crazy infrastructure).

Some risk of "brake failure" blink.png

I will supply a photo report when "it" happens wink.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

Since months these crazy overloaded sugar cane trucks steam up the village road passing our house.

Little risk.

At least the sugar cane lorries go slowly. Usually they just topple over because they are stacked too high. The cane dropping off into the cycle lane is dangerous though.

Knocking over a sprite house... is not that 7 years bad luck???

I know it is not a nice thing to think, but the word justice comes to mind knowing that cement trucks have reeked havoc on Thailand's roads for decades...

Little risk.

At least the sugar cane lorries go slowly. Usually they just topple over because they are stacked too high. The cane dropping off into the cycle lane is dangerous though.

True, just that they crushed the road surface exactly in front of our house so much that a reasonable hole has developed.

Good opportunity for them to topple tongue.png and crush the wall/fence/gate.

another idiot on the road in charge of an 18 wheeler truck where on earth do they get these drivers from I wouldn't put them in charge of a safeways trolley this fellow could have killed somebody,

Be ok in a Tesco Trolley understand the qualifications are not so petty!

Little risk.

Many are overloaded to the point that the wheel bearings burn out and the tire/wheel/hub assembly falls off, & over she goes.

This is what can happen if you buy the wrong type of Spirit House.

and the other party has the wrong size Amulet.

People should take more care when choosing these things. wai2.gif

More a case of wrong vehicle, wrong road, but I know what you are saying.

Edited by Rimmer
Quote fixed