Targeting westerners at BTS security ?

atyclb

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

some malls have security at some entrances while others entrances have none. i have never seen terminal 21 check any bags despite many beeps. why have security if it is meaningless?

Don't know if its been covered or not yet since I was too lazy to read the whole thread but most security personnel will learn the different "beeps" after awhile. Trust me if you walked through the metal detector with something like a firearm you would hear a much louder and longer beep than the "normal" short beep you hear from peoples watches and belt buckles etc.

Also I have a reason to think that's it's harassment in my case. Because I've been to the immigration office here in Bangkok since 1993 and I never even had a "conversation" with an official if you know what I mean, same at the passport control. I never had a problem with the police in 23 years... not even a conversation. By these security guards are just a major nuisance because first of all it's definitely just a show, and they DO single out foreigners all the time... That's why I think they just do it for their personal amusement to inflate their petty egos... nothing more, it has nothing to do with security of any kind....

They just salute me.

You can take my word for it - if they did check EVERYBODY, which they don't at all... I wouldn't even be raising this issue here. I can appreciate the benefit of good security when it's done properly - but that's not what they do AT ALL... do I really have to explain that here? lol smile.png

Seriously, do you hear voices in your head?

No I don't. Do you have visual hallucinations? I hope you don't, it's usually not a good sign smile.png

But I do think they should install bag scanners at every BTS station - that way they can check every bag hassle free and very quickly, and they don't have to open any of the bags. As for the "security" at the moment - I don't even know why they are there, I think it's just to put on a show and arbitrarily harass people...

Any more questions?? smile.png Which part of it do you not understand?

I don't understand YOU.

Sometimes they check my backpack at the BTS, mostly not.

At Central World i had to open it up last time i visited, at the backdoor there was no security at all when i went in/out there for a smoke.

And i also didn't see any security checking cars for bombs.

So it's all for the show.