Thai NLA chair to appoint high ranking officials

webfact

National Legislative Assembly chair to appoint high ranking officials

BANGKOK, 15 March 2016 (NNT) – The National Legislative Assembly (NLA) President has opened a seminar on the selection and appointment of Ministries’ permanent-secretaries and universities’ presidents, gathering input to further improve national administration system.

The NLA President Somsak Kiatsuranont has presided over the opening ceremony of the seminar on the selection and appointment of Ministries’ permanent-secretaries and universities’ presidents.

He has said this seminar is considered beneficial for the country’s administration system as the authorities will receive valuable comments and suggestions from participants which will be considered in the report to be made and submitted to the government.

The selection of Ministries’ permanent-secretaries and universities’ presidents are important as these positions play great role in the organizations’ management, budget disbursement, and the work of officials, and must be held by suitable persons who can manage the relations between government officials and politicians without being dominated by either sides.

The seminar was held by the NLA’s national administration commission from the vision that government officials and the governing system must be improved for better efficiency with capable persons working to help push forward the country.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-03-15 footer_n.gif

The normal procedure is to hold an auction.

Do you mean that they don't appoint on the basis of talent and proven ability?

I know that they have ruthlessly eradicated nepotism, after the worse excesses of the regime of the criminal fugitive mastermind puppeteer and his clone who was not elected but was appointed by Skype from Dubai (I think I've covered all the bases), but an auction!

I am sure that these jobs were promised (I mean the appropriate talent was identified) before the coup established the junta (sorry, I mean before the reluctant steps were taken ensure that the country could be returned to true democracy)!

The normal procedure is to hold an auction.

Do you mean that they don't appoint on the basis of talent and proven ability?

I know that they have ruthlessly eradicated nepotism, after the worse excesses of the regime of the criminal fugitive mastermind puppeteer and his clone who was not elected but was appointed by Skype from Dubai (I think I've covered all the bases), but an auction!

I am sure that these jobs were promised (I mean the appropriate talent was identified) before the coup established the junta (sorry, I mean before the reluctant steps were taken ensure that the country could be returned to true democracy)!

Maybe the logic runs like this; someone who is rich enough to offer the winning bid in an auction MUST have the right credentials to do the job in the normal way otherwise they would never have gotten that rich in the first place. Circular logic is the best kind.