Is it too late to stop the Donald Trump machine?

webfact

There is no way he's going to reverse the negative impression he's made with women. It's BAKED in.

I'm getting to the point of wishing for Trump to be nominated so he's set up to be CREAMED by HRC and see the republicans lose the SENATE as well.

Go Trump!

Trump Trump Trump!

If the Republican party did manage to get all its ducks perfectly in a row coming out of Cleveland, it would first be faced with reversing currently developing trends.

No easy task and if Ted Cruz ends up with the nomination, forget it even then cause he flaps his wings at much too high an altitude for the general electorate (not to mention his voice).

Both parties are now looking at the previously unheard of 10 Republican Senate seats suddenly on the bloc in November if Trump is the nominee, 7 to 10 R senators up for reelection if it comes out as Cruz. Until now this had been inconceivable. D's need a net gain of 5 to regain majority control. (see below)

The latest House generic poll which asks which party you will vote for, no names, and which is always a gauge of House election outcomes, shows Democrats are presently on the cusp of large gains with the trend lines paralleling the D wave elections of 2008 in the House and 2006 in the Senate.

In House races nationwide, D's are already ahead in the traditional Congressional generic ballot sentiment, by plus-six percent. This already indicates strong House gains for the D's. However, for D's to sweep back into a majority, they need better than a 7% advantage in the time tested survey to have a realistic shot at regaining majority control.

RNC in Washington had directed state committees in states controlled by the R party to gerrymander their House seats to a 7% R party advantage. Not every gerrymandered district has the 7% R voter edge, and some have more or less than a 7% margin, but 7% is the key figure for the D vote nationally in House races. Coming soon.

R senators up for reelection or R senate seats being vacated, and that were already behind against a D challenger, are in FL (vacant), IL, WI, NH. The tough contest in NH continues to be considered still too close: Sen Kelly Ayotte vs Gov Maggie Hassen.

As of the present, the following two R senators up for reelection had been on the R watch list but are now at risk: Pat Toomey in PA, Bob Portman in OH. Each is popular in his first term, but each is steadily losing ground.

Considered safe until just recently and now considered at risk are the two additional R Sens Richard Burr in NC; Ray Blount in MO, Some pollsters say if the predictable D election wave year develops, R Sen Chuck Grassley of IA may see the river rise.

D's have one vacant seat in NV (Harry Reid) to defend which is expected to deliver for them. D Sen Michael Bennett in CO is now considered to be comfortably ahead in his reelection race. The nine other D Senators up for reelection are safe, as are the other R senators.

Turning to Potus, Prof Larry J. Sabato of University of Virginia who does election night live analysis for BBC and has just never ever at all been even a little bit wrong, has HRC with no fewer than 347 Electoral College votes (270 needed to win) no matter who the R's nominate (+77). If it's Trump she'll break 400 EC votes.

Edited by Publicus

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The radical right never retires.

They've spent three score years and six trying to drag the USA back into the 1950s.

They've failed in every respect so it's been a tough row that they've felt compelled to hoe. Lost every major battle, issue, difference. Socially. Culturally. Demographically. Politically.

Obama's election in 2008 finally did 'em in as the weight of their rightwing contraption ground itself to its halt. So it's off to the junkyard with it on November 8th. Trump is their barking dog.

Three score six would be 1950. Sort of hard to take you back to something before it began. And there wasn't even a presidential election in 1950. In 1950, Harry Truman was just getting the US into the Korean War and developing the H-bomb. No wonder your posts sound so confused. You have a basic problem with arithmetic and logic.

Anyone who might want literal precision could read Abraham Lincoln. Short of that, the rhetorical "three score and six years ago" will have to suffice at TVF.

Referring to three score years ago (and six) underpins the point of my post, which is that.....

They've spent three score years and six trying to drag the USA back into the 1950s.

They've failed in every respect so it's been a tough row that they've felt compelled to hoe. Lost every major battle, issue, difference. Socially. Culturally. Demographically. Politically.

Obama's election in 2008 finally did 'em in as the weight of their rightwing contraption ground itself to its halt. So it's off to the junkyard with it on November 8th. Trump is their barking dog.

I do expect some degree of precision--without the need, for some reason, to read Lincoln in order to make sense of your post. A sincere wish that something is so, does not make it so.

This poster is averse to list making so the right will have to do with the basic and true statement that in the culture wars between the majority Baby Boomers of the left and the minority of Boomers on the right, we won.

It's over.

The right that has resisted and whinged for three score years (more or less, eh?) against progress and advancement have lost on every issue and fight they'd pursued. (Still pursue for whatever reason, compulsion it could seem.)

Lost.

Culturally. Social democracy. Demographically. In gender equality. Marriage equality. First black Potus. Likely first woman Potus. A gold standard. EU is still there. The Nuke 'em now crowd has only gone farther and farther out there at the right.

It just keeps losing 'em, one issue after the other.

Precisely.

mopar71 post 743:

"Obama was either an Affirmative Action baby or got into university pretending to be a foreign student. Maybe both, but certainly one or the other."

Sometimes in these Trump threads posts are made which truly do show the intellect behind the typical Trump follower. Here in this statement is an assumption the university would NOT KNOW a person to be a foreigner or not.

University admin " Mr. Obama we see that you are a black man from the U.S. State of Hawaii are you trying to get into our school pretending to be a foreigner?"

Utterly ridiculous post #743.

Not just ridiculous, but definitely reminiscent of good, old fashioned racism as well. You know.... Because obviously a black man could not get into Harvard based on merit alone..... He either got a hand out or lied.....

Obama isn't black.

Black father... Therefore half black. Better? And you know my response was directed at the affirmative action claim, something he would not even be eligible for if not black..... So please don't play dumb...... Huge waste of everyone's time.

Are you arrogant enough to tell a Luk Krung they are not Asian if that is how they identify?

Yes i'm "arrogant" enough to point out facts. I know it's uncomfortable for leftist to hear facts and truths but deal with it. In the case of "luk krungs" (such a nazi term for a human being), yes, i would call anyone out who said that "i'm asian!" if it was clear that either their father or mother wasn't asian.

"While Trump’s polarizing campaign did not dent his standing with core supporters in the Republican primaries,

it took a punishing toll on how the rest of the electorate views him.

Trump’s image, which was poor even before he ran for president, has plunged to an unequaled low."

"Among scores of major political figures measured in polls over the last 30 years, Trump’s numbers are the worst."

The share of Americans with an unfavorable view of Trump is extraordinary:

"68% in the most recent Bloomberg poll, 67% in the CNN/ORC survey, 67% in the ABC/Washington Post poll, 65% from Gallup."

"The 57% unfavorable rating he received in the most recent CBS/New York Times survey looks mild by comparison."

"Trump, who famously likes to brag about his standing in polls, focuses on surveys that measure him in the GOP race."

"But only about 4 in 10 Americans currently identify as Republicans. As Trump’s standing demonstrates,

a politician can have a solid hold on a large chunk of one party and still be terribly unpopular with the rest." laugh.png Bingo!

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-trump-unpopularity-20160401-story.html

Down, down, down goes Trump. thumbsup.gif

And the Bloviator has not even made it west yet.

Three score six would be 1950. Sort of hard to take you back to something before it began. And there wasn't even a presidential election in 1950. In 1950, Harry Truman was just getting the US into the Korean War and developing the H-bomb. No wonder your posts sound so confused. You have a basic problem with arithmetic and logic.

Anyone who might want literal precision could read Abraham Lincoln. Short of that, the rhetorical "three score and six years ago" will have to suffice at TVF.

Referring to three score years ago (and six) underpins the point of my post, which is that.....

I do expect some degree of precision--without the need, for some reason, to read Lincoln in order to make sense of your post. A sincere wish that something is so, does not make it so.

This poster is averse to list making so the right will have to do with the basic and true statement that in the culture wars between the majority Baby Boomers of the left and the minority of Boomers on the right, we won.

It's over.

The right that has resisted and whinged for three score years (more or less, eh?) against progress and advancement have lost on every issue and fight they'd pursued. (Still pursue for whatever reason, compulsion it could seem.)

Lost.

Culturally. Social democracy. Demographically. In gender equality. Marriage equality. First black Potus. Likely first woman Potus. A gold standard. EU is still there. The Nuke 'em now crowd has only gone farther and farther out there at the right.

Precisely.

Hilarious that a person who has "Local International Watchdog Against The Far Right" in his profile does not know the difference between the so called "right" and "left".

President Obama is being the opposite of Donald Trump, i.e., presidential and President. It is impossible Trump can be or will be either/both.

The world needs to know it is only the Republican party controlled by the brain scrabbled right that support and speak for the neutron brain of Donald Trump.

I expect that when I say President Obama is being responsible and that he has earned the respect and gratitude of the vast majority of Americans, the whingenut Obama haters will today devour more bandwidth attacking him than the total bandwidth I've used in all of the past month. smile.png

Yes, respect is correct

Personally, I'm slightly disappointed that he didn't use his first term mandate to greater effect. But, overall vastly superior to his predecessor in all respects

Maybe an American contributor could provide a list of achievements including overcoming the financial meltdown and Obamacare?

Publicus! Where are you when I need you?

Having been mentioned by name smile.png this poster welcomes pointing out he rarely engages in presenting lists. Data yes, charts yes, various other illustrations of the point, yes indeed. Lists however, hardly ever.

Lists are fine but there are other posters of either side who have their lists. Pro-Obama posters have their excellent lists while the Obama haters have their own lists. Again, lists are fine but it's sort of like a matchup of dueling banjos, i.,e., don't drop yours.

My presentation in respect of leadership consistently focuses on the fact Barack Obama is the Potus that the decisive majority of the American people wanted for the current time, its events and its circumstances, domestically and in external, foreign issues. Not everyone agrees all the time in everything President Obama has done, however, Americans elected him twice to be Potus 24/7 for eight complete years.

The man of the hour, as it were. Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

(It's now time again for the TVF ragtag right to to stumble out and to charge forward swords raised in a hollering tempest against President Barack Obama. Banzai !)

Now repeat that about Bush, he was elected twice as well.

The Bush Family had to rely on their then new friend Chads.

The Bush Family had to rely on their then new friend Chads.

Gotta run, catch you later...

It's over.

Lost.

Precisely.

Hilarious that a person who has "Local International Watchdog Against The Far Right" in his profile does not know the difference between the so called "right" and "left".

laugh.png

Now that's hilarious.

It is also desperation²

It would help to throw out statements that have a shred of credibility.

Oops..

Whatever wuz I thinking biggrin.png

There are a plethora of great political cartoons coming out. Trump is the best thing to ever happen to political satirists.

. . . . . Here's one that got me laughing out loud. After you see it, try clicking the arrows to see others. They're incredibly witty.

I wished you wouldn't have posted that link. I laughed so hard I think I felt a little bit of pee coming out!

It's over.

Lost.

Precisely.

laugh.png

Now that's hilarious.

It is also desperation²

Oops..

You don't know the difference between "right" and "left", it's clear from your ramblings in this thread.

The following is the opening paragraph of an open letter from a month ago. 121 Republican nat'l security experts signed originally, but others have signed since it was published. The letter's title:

OPEN LETTER ON DONALD TRUMP FROM GOP NATIONAL SECURITY LEADERS

"We the undersigned, members of the Republican national security community, represent a broad spectrum of opinion on America’s role in the world and what is necessary to keep us safe and prosperous. We have disagreed with one another on many issues, including the Iraq war and intervention in Syria. But we are united in our opposition to a Donald Trump presidency."

An excerpt; "He (Trump) is fundamentally dishonest."

LINK/SOURCE

Boomer's note: The letter articulates several foreign policy issues where Trump either doesn't know what he's talking about, and/or is putting forth proposals which are opposed to US experts and/or the best interests of Americans. Also, US embassies and consulates around the world are hearing concerns from local leaders - worried about a possible Trump presidency.

Edited by boomerangutang

Another issue which we don't hear a lot about now, but we will later, is Trump's proposal to slap a 35% to 45% (added?) tariff on imports. Except for Americans who somehow manage to buy everything from US manufacturers/growers, that will jack prices up dramatically. Such tariffs will inevitably and quickly garner markedly higher tariffs by foreign companies on US-Made items and food. That will obviously harm US businesses. Vote for Trump, the King of New Trade Wars! sad.png

The following is the opening paragraph of an open letter from a month ago. 121 Republican nat'l security experts signed originally, but others have signed since it was published. The letter's title:

"We the undersigned, members of the Republican national security community, represent a broad spectrum of opinion on America’s role in the world and what is necessary to keep us safe and prosperous. We have disagreed with one another on many issues, including the Iraq war and intervention in Syria. But we are united in our opposition to a Donald Trump presidency."

LINK/SOURCE

Boomer's note: The letter articulates several foreign policy issues where Trump either doesn't know what he's talking about, and/or is putting forth proposals which are opposed to US experts and/or the best interests of Americans. Also, US embassies and consulates around the world are hearing concerns from local leaders - worried about a possible Trump presidency.

Who wouldn't be concerned if they saw their future at the trough jeopardized. What they are scared of is that similar opinion parties in their countries are already scoring high in polls. If Trump wins the presidency all those parties will get an extra boost and bring them to the top at the elections.

And it is about time.

Edited by TheCruncher

LINK/SOURCE

Who wouldn't be concerned if they saw their future at the trough jeopardized. What they are scared of is that similar opinion parties in their countries are already scoring high in polls. If Trump wins the presidency all those parties will get an extra boost and bring them to the top at the elections. And it is about time.

I don't understand your post. Are you assuming the open letter referred to above is signed by non-Americans? It's signed by Americans, Republican members of the 'national security community'. I reckon that means people working directly or indirectly with Nat'l security issues.

Trump can stick his nose up at all those people (he can also call them 'losers' and other denigrating epitaphs) but it doesn't change the fact that many Republican foreign policy professionals are royally turned off by (and spooked by) the idea of The Donald having his finger on the buttons of 77 nuclear bombs. The same man who incites his followers to beat people up at rallies. Well, at least he's not a depressed alcoholic like Nixon. I guess that's one consolation.

LINK/SOURCE

Who wouldn't be concerned if they saw their future at the trough jeopardized. What they are scared of is that similar opinion parties in their countries are already scoring high in polls. If Trump wins the presidency all those parties will get an extra boost and bring them to the top at the elections. And it is about time.

I don't understand your post. Are you assuming the open letter referred to above is signed by non-Americans? It's signed by Americans, Republican members of the 'national security community'. I reckon that means people working directly or indirectly with Nat'l security issues.

Trump can stick his nose up at all those people (he can also call them 'losers' and other denigrating epitaphs) but it doesn't change the fact that many Republican foreign policy professionals are royally turned off by (and spooked by) the idea of The Donald having his finger on the buttons of 77 nuclear bombs. The same man who incites his followers to beat people up at rallies. Well, at least he's not a depressed alcoholic like Nixon. I guess that's one consolation.

I was reffering to the last line of your post.

Also, US embassies and consulates around the world are hearing concerns from local leaders - worried about a possible Trump presidency.

Why the US politicians are scared is actually the same reason, because they will miss out at the trough but by the way have you ever encountered a republican that wasn't fundamentally dishonest?

"Immigration laws crippling farms in Indiana and Georgia"

"For Indiana and Georgia farmers, it's not a matter of who's right and wrong in the debate behind tough new immigration laws that took effect July 1, 2011

but of those laws essentially biting the hands that help feed them."

"In a report released earlier this month, the Center said farmers of the state's seven largest crops:

onions, watermelons, bell peppers, cucumbers, squash, blueberries and blackberries,

reported shortages of almost 6,000 workers this spring as immigrants fled the state with the bill's April passage."

"The estimated loss to farmers has been $140 million so far, with the ripple affect on local and state economies estimated at $390 million."

(In the first year)

The Georgia Department of Agriculture estimates the worker shortage has now grown to 11,000.

"While agricultural specific figures aren't available in Indiana,

a report by the Perryman Group predicts a cost to that state of $2.8 billion,

and more than 16,000 jobs lost if all of the estimated 47,000 unauthorized immigrants in the state were removed.

"In Georgia, Perryman figures stand at a staggering $21 billion and 132,000 jobs lost."

http://northamericanfarmer.com/articles/farmlabor.aspx

The Bloviator once again, clueless.

And he wants to deport 11 million... What a clown.

post-206952-0-93024400-1459696861_thumb.

Edited by iReason

Georgia's Harsh Immigration Law Costs Millions in Unharvested Crops

"After enacting House Bill 87, a law designed to drive illegal immigrants out of Georgia, state officials appear shocked to discover,

that HB 87 is, well, driving a lot of illegal immigrants out of Georgia."

"Thanks to the resulting labor shortage, Georgia farmers have been forced to leave millions of dollars' worth of blueberries, onions,

melons and other crops unharvested and rotting in the fields."

"It has also put state officials into something of a panic at the damage they've done to Georgia's largest industry."

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/06/georgias-harsh-immigration-law-costs-millions-in-unharvested-crops/240774/

post-206952-0-89601400-1459697028_thumb.

Georgia's Harsh Immigration Law Costs Millions in Unharvested Crops

"After enacting House Bill 87, a law designed to drive illegal immigrants out of Georgia, state officials appear shocked to discover,

that HB 87 is, well, driving a lot of illegal immigrants out of Georgia."

"Thanks to the resulting labor shortage, Georgia farmers have been forced to leave millions of dollars' worth of blueberries, onions,

melons and other crops unharvested and rotting in the fields."

"It has also put state officials into something of a panic at the damage they've done to Georgia's largest industry."

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/06/georgias-harsh-immigration-law-costs-millions-in-unharvested-crops/240774/

Maybe the proud Americans could consider to do the work themselves, but no that isn't written in the book of a Republican supporter.

@Post 800

I don't think most of them read books, let alone pay attention to reality.

Here, on this thread at least, they'd rather spend their time yakking about President Obama and Hillary Clinton.

Standard head in the sand stuff...

biggrin.png

Edited by iReason

"Immigration laws crippling farms in Indiana and Georgia"

"For Indiana and Georgia farmers, it's not a matter of who's right and wrong in the debate behind tough new immigration laws that took effect July 1, 2011

but of those laws essentially biting the hands that help feed them."

"In a report released earlier this month, the Center said farmers of the state's seven largest crops:

onions, watermelons, bell peppers, cucumbers, squash, blueberries and blackberries,

reported shortages of almost 6,000 workers this spring as immigrants fled the state with the bill's April passage."

"The estimated loss to farmers has been $140 million so far, with the ripple affect on local and state economies estimated at $390 million."

(In the first year)

The Georgia Department of Agriculture estimates the worker shortage has now grown to 11,000.

"While agricultural specific figures aren't available in Indiana,

a report by the Perryman Group predicts a cost to that state of $2.8 billion,

and more than 16,000 jobs lost if all of the estimated 47,000 unauthorized immigrants in the state were removed.

"In Georgia, Perryman figures stand at a staggering $21 billion and 132,000 jobs lost."

http://northamericanfarmer.com/articles/farmlabor.aspx

The Bloviator once again, clueless.

And he wants to deport 11 million... What a clown.

Very good.

If this continues, then farmers will raise wages to the point that residential taxpayers can afford to take the jobs.

As it is - the farmers have been used to paying illegal non-taxpayers and reaping the benefits.

The cost is all short term. The market will adjust to having people employed legally.

Deporting people that are in a country illegally is merely enforcing the law. Are you selective in the laws you don't want enforced?

"If you're not going to let illegal immigrants do the jobs they are currently being hired to do, then farmers will have to raise wages to replace them."

"Since farmers are taking a risk in hiring immigrant workers, you can bet they were getting a significant deal on wage costs relative to "market wages".

"I put market wages here in quotations,

because it's quite possible that the wages required to get workers to do the job are so high that it's no longer profitable for farmers to plant the crops in the first place."

"Importantly, the more competitive the final goods market (meaning the market for the product that the workers are being hired to make) the flatter the labor demand curve will be.

If the market is competitive, then a small increase in prices will cause buyers to shift to a competitors products."

"This means that a firm's (or in this case, a farmer's) profits are sensitive to small shifts in input prices."

"In the case of agriculture, where one farmers crops are usually very comparable with another farmers, the market will be highly competitive and the demand curve will be flat."

"This problem is even more exacerbated when the demand is for Georgia farmers in particular, since retailers who buy their products can shift to farmers in competing states."

"All of this is to say if you're going to stop illegal immigrants from doing a job you should be prepared for the job"

"Short term"? Losing billions in one state alone?

Truly the most ridiculous, simplistic statement I have read in a very long time. clap2.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by iReason

"If you're not going to let illegal immigrants do the jobs they are currently being hired to do, then farmers will have to raise wages to replace them."

"Since farmers are taking a risk in hiring immigrant workers, you can bet they were getting a significant deal on wage costs relative to "market wages".

because it's quite possible that the wages required to get workers to do the job are so high that it's no longer profitable for farmers to plant the crops in the first place."

"Importantly, the more competitive the final goods market (meaning the market for the product that the workers are being hired to make) the flatter the labor demand curve will be.

If the market is competitive, then a small increase in prices will cause buyers to shift to a competitors products."

"This means that a firm's (or in this case, a farmer's) profits are sensitive to small shifts in input prices."

"In the case of agriculture, where one farmers crops are usually very comparable with another farmers, the market will be highly competitive and the demand curve will be flat."

"This problem is even more exacerbated when the demand is for Georgia farmers in particular, since retailers who buy their products can shift to farmers in competing states."

"All of this is to say if you're going to stop illegal immigrants from doing a job you should be prepared for the job"

Truly the most ridiculous, simplistic statement I have read in a very long time. clap2.gifcheesy.gif

Do you mean competing states that don't use illegal workers? Following your reasoning, how can those states be competing?

It's over.

Lost.

Precisely.

laugh.png

Now that's hilarious.

It is also desperation²

Oops..

You don't know the difference between "right" and "left", it's clear from your ramblings in this thread.

Kindly read my signature thx. gigglem.gif

It's the Republicans who are worried. Very worried with the Bloviator/bull in the China shop.

The Democrats are going to clean their clock. Fact.

And they will get help from the GOP contested convention.

It doesn't matter how many delegates Trump has. (And myopic polls of him only within the Rebublican race)

Why? Because he may individually have the most, but he will not have the majority.

The GOP will circle the wagons and combine the delegates he does not have.

And choose who they want.

Watch it happen. And it is legal. thumbsup.gif

Donald Trump will never become President of the United States.

The Dems here wouldn't write so many posts if they weren't worried. wink.png

You're missing a lot cause it's called a pile-on.

Election day is gonna be a ball back buster for the rightwhinge.

Actually, after election day November 8th the right can whinge yet more and louder to its own self-content.

IF there weren't illegals to undercut wages - and not just in farming but there are tens of millions of them all over - then employers would have to raise wages to attract labor. They might instead opt to invest in mechanization. Crop prices would have to rise but the wealth would stay in America.

NOW if you stop paying people money to sit on their butts and tell them to get a job or go hungry, you'd see them on the farms working for American minimum wage. Far too many Americans are sitting on their butts collecting food stamps and welfare while the rest of us worked all of our lives and paid for them.

The truly poor due to mental and physical disabilities have always been taken care of. They get food and money subsidies and free health care called Medicaid. Some get SSI. They aren't the problem or by far the majority.

I was recently in New Orleans, driving into the French Quarter. To get there you have to drive through a "low income area known for welfare types". I saw all kinds of able bodied people sitting on porches doing nothing at all but gabbing with each other. I wanted to stop, get out of my car and yell at them to go look for a job. That of course could have been suicide.

The liberals have made a mess of apologizing for the lazy, and then importing illegals who are not only hard workers but who work cheap.

This is all to the benefit of big business and not to the working man who is getting his wages undercut.

Cheers.

^^^

That is Fox Views, stereotypical, cliche' nonsense. And Ignorant, uninformed BS.

"Far too many Americans are sitting on their butts collecting food stamps and welfare while the rest of us worked all of our lives and paid for them."

Right.

"I recently read the February 24 Good Jobs First report, “Subsidizing the Corporate One Percent,” by Philip Mattera, a respected thought leader in our business.

It says that three-quarters of all state economic development subsidies went to just 965 corporations since the beginning of the study in 1976.

The Fortune 500 corporations alone accounted for more than 16,000 subsidy awards, worth $63 billion – mostly in the form of tax breaks."

"The 965 companies in the report received over $110 billion of public money. Berkshire Hathaway, a company with $485 billion in assets and $20 billion in profits,

received over $1 billion of that money. Its chair, Warren Buffett, is worth about $58 billion. Buffett, by the way, is still a darling of the left. He has some nerve to call for higher taxes.

The billion dollars his companies took would pay for a lot of teachers, healthcare, and other public goods."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/taxanalysts/2014/03/14/where-is-the-outrage-over-corporate-welfare/#6cd7f2b96881

"Corporate welfare and crony capitalism are reflected both in backroom deals in which a small group of individuals influence legislation or regulation to benefit a narrow interest at the expense of the broader public and in the establishment of government programs that purport to serve broader noble goals but divert resources away from the wants and needs of consumers and toward political purposes."

Corporate welfare and crony capitalism is reflected in a variety of different activities, including:

Direct subsidies, loan guarantees, and technical assistance programs.

Narrow tax credits to benefit certain industries.

Regulation and trade barriers; and Congressional and presidential earmarks to reward political friends.

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2015/06/corporate-welfare-wastes-taxpayer-and-economic-resources

10 Taxpayer Handouts to the Super Rich That Will Make Your Blood Boil

http://usuncut.com/class-war/10-corporate-welfare-programs-that-will-make-your-blood-boil/

"Able bodied people" my ass.

You and others really need to look behind the curtain and see where your money is really going. And it ain't food stamps.

And stop sucking up the subterfuge. The <deleted> smoke and mirrors that keep your crowd squabbling amongst themselves.

It's people like you who make my blood boil.

Edited by iReason