Is it too late to stop the Donald Trump machine?

webfact

the gloves are really off now ! Donald Trump has just tweeted the following message

" Hillary Clinton has been involved in corruption for most of her professional life! "ohmy.png

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/710626092114120708?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Au contraire, she never set up an unlicensed ripoff university in NYC that the state attorney general has in court in addition to lawsuits against it in other parts of the country, to include former students presently in California.

F-r-a-u-d. From California to the New York Island.

A knowing and blatant scheme to exploit the foolish and to steal their money, from coast to coast.

Odd indeed that a guy who claims to be worth ten or some such billion bucks needs or wants to rip off common ordinary folk who happen to be the suckers born every minute that the Trumps of the world seek and hunt down to separate from their hard earned money.

A billionarie picking the pockets of common ordinary people who themselves aren't too smart either. Smart enough presently however to not vote for a circus barker to be President of the United States.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trump has addressed this. He said he paid her to be at his wedding and that his contributions were to pay for her support on other projects he was working on. That certainly rings true. I wonder what the Chinese will pay her? I mean the foundation of course. Accepting payments directly from a foreign government would be illegal.

Accepting payments directly from a foreign government would be illegal.

However, political hack innuendo is not, especially when it comes from the usual suspects out over there.
The Institutional Republican Party is scrambling to try to deal effectively with Himself but the right continues to ignore him while trying simultaneously to deflect an ideological attention to the usual and favorite other.
Trump and the Republicans will arrive in Cleveland in mid-July to the Republican National Riot Convention in a disarray that already far exceeds its electoral wipeout precipitated by their nominating the rightwinger Sen. Barry Goldwater in 1964.
As to the CCP Dictators in Beijing, their nads shrivel when the Boyz think of a Potus Hillary Clinton because they fear and detest her more than the rightwhinge does.
Let's also talk about the founder and headman of Trump University where it could seem not everyone who sat there or could have sat there likes to admit to it.
"As to the CCP Dictators in Beijing, their nads shrivel when the Boyz think of a Potus Hillary Clinton because they fear and detest her more than the rightwhinge does."

Publicus, what on earth are you trying to say ??? :)

Okay, if Hillary gets elected, America will repeat what it has been doing during the last eight years, eight years of Barak Obama. America's policy towards China will stay the same, same as what it was under Bush AND Obama. Basically, America will continue to import a load of manufactured goods from China.

Now, IF Trump gets in, America might actually bring in some serious tariffs onto Chinese goods entering America. Trump actually wants to reduce America's large trade deficit with China. I hope Americans can see that they benefit by importing the cheap Chinese goods, and putting taxes on the Chinese imports is counter-productive.

Trump is tapping into the anti-Chinese sentiment that some Americans do have. And the paranoia that some Americans have towards China, yes, Trump exploits it. A bit like exploiting the paranoia towards Muslims.

I find your comment hilarious. Publicus, who do you fear and detest more ? Trump or Beijing ? Remember, Trump IS going to try and hit Beijing harder than Hillary will. Actually, Hillary will hardly hit Beijing at all.

Come on Americans, STOP the Trump machine, it's not too late. Trump will remove the cheap goods that you see in Walmart. Trump will also do a load of other stuff that will harm America. STOP Trump, please.

Now you've done it inbangkok. The dreaded ignore list. Ouch

Megyn Kelly and the Donald are going at it. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/fox-news-trump-kelly_us_56ec9b24e4b09bf44a9d6212

Don't you love it when the jackals turn on each other?

Best election ever.

Yeah, it's just out of control at this point. Someone ignores me after I provide video evidence of something and they of course claim I am taking it out of context..... You can't make this stuff up.

As for the Kelly/Trump fight. I tell you...... It is absolutely hilarious how people say Trump will be a great leader, stand up to Putin and North Korea, tells it like it is....blah, blah, blah,.... All the typical shit we have been hearing from these uneducated people. Yet look at the reality of the situation. He is a thinned skin little man who cannot even handle a fair and honest question from a journalist. All Kelly ever did was quote his own words and ask for a comment on them. That's all..... And Trump throws nothing short of a raging temper tantrum. Yeah! Real leadership material right there. All you Trump supports should be seriously ashamed of yourselves for turning our great country into such a mockery!

If a person takes some time on Youtube, there are dozens (maybe hundreds) of Trumpisms. One that sticks out is Trump and a reporter sitting. She's young, attractive. You can tell she's not a seasoned veteran. She's in an upbeat mood, and Trump is, ....well, Trump is Trump. She begins to ask a serious question, and fumbles for a split second. From that moment on, every time she tried to ask the question, Trump interrupts her after the 2nd or 3rd word, repeatedly taunting her; "Come on" "Get it out." THAT IS SOOOOOOO RUDE.

Trump is rudeness personified. He's got as much class as a thrift store pair of penny loafers. When I was a little boy, my brothers and I used to tease each other with that same immature taunt: You wait for someone to ask a question. Then, 2 or 3 words into the question, you interrupt by saying, "yes, come on." "what are you trying to say." It's a little bit funny for 6 year old brats, but come on America, is this the sort of person we want in the world's most powerful job?

Jeezo, If I were a maintenance boss at a school, I wouldn't even give Trump a job mopping floors - because I wouldn't like his bad influence rubbing off on the students.

Fraud is a criminal charge that would make Trump a felon if convicted.

Himself is well on the way to it as he's found himself facing a judge he can't buy, intimidate or run off the property.

He may or may not be able to buy off the judge. Trump says he's worth "many many billions of dollars" (yes, he said 'many' twice). How many is 'many many'? 20 would be many. 40 or 70 might be 'many many.' In reality, he's probably worth less than a billion because he includes his (no one else's) hyper-inflated values placed on defunct and failed items which use his name.

What Trump will certainly do, and is probably doing now, is to delay legal proceedings as long as possible. With the best NY lawyers being paid from part of his 'many many billions of dollar' he can probably get continuances for years. Similarly, he will try to put off showing his tax returns for as many years as possible. He can shout from his bully pulpit, "We want to see Obama's birth certificate. Not the short form, but the looooooong form!" ...but when his tax returns are asked to be seen, he runs and hides, like he did 5 times when requested to show cause why he shouldn't go to the war in VN. Incidentally, Romney, Cruz, and Rubio have shown their tax forms when asked. Trump hasn't.

The bloviator caught lying again.

What a crass huckster...

"Donald Trump showed off a heaping pile of mouth-watering steaks on a butcher board at a celebration in Florida after his primary wins Tuesday, calling them “Trump steaks.”

"But they weren’t steaks from Trump’s fabled, now-shuttered, Trump Steaks business."

"They came from Bush Brothers Provision Co., a West Palm Beach, Fla., purveyor of fine meats and foods that provides top-shelf eats for a number of Trump properties,

John Bush, whose family owns the company, told Bloomberg News."

"And the packaging matched that used by Bush Brothers, said Bush." cheesy.gif

http://nypost.com/2016/03/10/those-trump-steaks-werent-actually-trumps-steaks/

Why anyone pays attention to this con-man is beyond me.

facepalm.gif

post-206952-0-17232200-1458393803_thumb.

Now you've done it inbangkok. The dreaded ignore list. Ouch

Megyn Kelly and the Donald are going at it. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/fox-news-trump-kelly_us_56ec9b24e4b09bf44a9d6212

Don't you love it when the jackals turn on each other?

Best election ever.

Yeah, it's just out of control at this point. Someone ignores me after I provide video evidence of something and they of course claim I am taking it out of context..... You can't make this stuff up.

As for the Kelly/Trump fight. I tell you...... It is absolutely hilarious how people say Trump will be a great leader, stand up to Putin and North Korea, tells it like it is....blah, blah, blah,.... All the typical shit we have been hearing from these uneducated people. Yet look at the reality of the situation. He is a thinned skin little man who cannot even handle a fair and honest question from a journalist. All Kelly ever did was quote his own words and ask for a comment on them. That's all..... And Trump throws nothing short of a raging temper tantrum. Yeah! Real leadership material right there. All you Trump supports should be seriously ashamed of yourselves for turning our great country into such a mockery!

If a person takes some time on Youtube, there are dozens (maybe hundreds) of Trumpisms. One that sticks out is Trump and a reporter sitting. She's young, attractive. You can tell she's not a seasoned veteran. She's in an upbeat mood, and Trump is, ....well, Trump is Trump. She begins to ask a serious question, and fumbles for a split second. From that moment on, every time she tried to ask the question, Trump interrupts her after the 2nd or 3rd word, repeatedly taunting her; "Come on" "Get it out." THAT IS SOOOOOOO RUDE.

Trump is rudeness personified. He's got as much class as a thrift store pair of penny loafers. When I was a little boy, my brothers and I used to tease each other with that same immature taunt: You wait for someone to ask a question. Then, 2 or 3 words into the question, you interrupt by saying, "yes, come on." "what are you trying to say." It's a little bit funny for 6 year old brats, but come on America, is this the sort of person we want in the world's most powerful job?

Jeezo, If I were a maintenance boss at a school, I wouldn't even give Trump a job mopping floors - because I wouldn't like his bad influence rubbing off on the students.

He treats people like this on purpose because it is intimidating. No one wants to incur the wrath of someone's 6 million Twitter followers and violent (cult like) supporters. And followers of Trump are indeed beginning to resemble a loosely organized cult in so many ways. People take notice and they try to fall in line because they don't want to get on his bad side. Because the reality is that he is a bit psychotic.....and that can be a scary thing. Luckily, not everyone can be so easily intimidated. I am not really a fan of Kelly but I have gained tremendous respect for her because she has really stood her ground on this one. Most major journalist/hosts (especially from Fox) would have backed down.

I just heard political commentary on NPR. One commentator who has known Trump for years was asked whether sucker-uppers like Christie and Carson can expect cushy jobs if Trump becomes prez. The commentator (sorry, I didn't catch his name) chuckled and said, "No. Trump only cares about Trump, and maybe a bit for his family. Everyone else is incidental."

here's an eye-opener for anyone who is still enamored with Trump. It's a bright & knowledgeable young women looking at Trump from a psychological perspective. . . .

Trump Water? Sold only in a cafe in Trump Tower.

Trump Magazine? Doesn't exist. The bloviator holds up a mag that is published once a year. And exist's only in his hotels.

Kinda like those free inflight mags. You've seen them.

Trump steaks? That went out of business in 2007.

Hardly, as the con-man claims, the "Best Steaks in the World". They were Frozen. cheesy.gif

This guy is a real piece of work...

I just heard political commentary on NPR. One commentator who has known Trump for years was asked whether sucker-uppers like Christie and Carson can expect cushy jobs if Trump becomes prez. The commentator (sorry, I didn't catch his name) chuckled and said, "No. Trump only cares about Trump, and maybe a bit for his family. Everyone else is incidental."

here's an eye-opener for anyone who is still enamored with Trump. It's a bright & knowledgeable young women looking at Trump from a psychological perspective. . . .

"BLINK" (Gladwell). Konnikova is redeemable if reduced to eye candy. Otherwise, not impressed. Her literary observations and social wisdom would have far greater value if she was not a victim of her own type of social-pareidolia. Just read her posts, tweets, and plumb her background topically and its apparent she would have always seen Trump in the image of her social world view.

Trump fit in conveniently because she used her politics as a shoehorn to fit him into her con man narrative and then went out to Trump[et] her book. Her activism does not make her social observations any greater. Her social observations does not make her Trump connection astute. Her social bent does in fact make her no more than an opportunist. There are many valid critiques of Trump, she does not offer one.

Another pile of Trump B.S:

"While Donald Trump may be famous for his litany of ridiculous boasts and exaggerations, his latest claim to be a top winery owner, ... may be one of his most laughable."

"For one, despite Trump avowing complete ownership of the business, Trump Winery’s site states that “Trump Winery is a registered trade name of Eric Trump Wine Manufacturing LLC,

which is not owned, managed or affiliated with Donald J. Trump, The Trump Organization or any of their affiliates.”

"That may explain why Trump Sr. was bit fuzzy about some of the winery’s details; for example, he claimed the vineyard was “close to 2,000 acres,”

while in fact Trump Winery’s own website states that it’s a 1,300-acre estate. And, no, the establishment is not located next to the “Thomas Jefferson Memorial.” laugh.png

"We will assume Trump was talking about Monticello, Thomas Jefferson’s home (not the Jefferson Memorial in Washington, D.C.), which is actually several miles from his winery."

clap2.gifcheesy.gif

Real Presidential material there.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/03/10/trump-wine-is-built-on-acres-of-lies.html

"Trump Vodka, which was introduced in 2006 under the tagline “success distilled,”

and marketed as a premium vodka that would “demand the same respect and inspire the same awe as the international legacy and brand of Donald Trump himself.” cheesy.gif

"The brand was discontinued in 2011."

“If you’re looking for Trump Vodka,” a shopkeeper at Yayin Ba’ir on Tel Aviv’s Ibn Gavirol Street told this reporter, “we should have it in a few weeks ahead of Passover."

"We don’t really keep it the rest of the year,” he added, “because it doesn’t sell that well.”

"A saleswoman in another store explained that Trump Vodka is made from potatoes as opposed to grain." That would be Moonshine folks. thumbsup.gif

“But I don’t recommend it,” she cautioned. “It has a pungent flavor.” clap2.gif

http://www.timesofisrael.com/unloved-elsewhere-heres-how-trump-vodka-immigrated-to-israel-and-lives-on/

Chicog: Carson appeared on TV today claiming that there was no quid pro quo in their discussion. Although we may infer that a senior job will be forthcoming in return for Carson's support, Carson says that no specific employment in a future Trump administration was mentioned.

The topic is:

"Is it too late to stop the Donald Trump machine?"

The answer is "yes".

Trump has a rally in Arizona right now. Protesters blocked roads to it with their cars and got out holding signs. Locals know alternate routes and MSNBC said that the lines of people going into the rally are 1/2 mile long. It's huge.

post-164212-0-78703600-1458413289_thumb.

It's Phoenix where immigration is a hot issue. I don't think Trump gets enough delegates to win first ballot. So Kasich staying in actually still makes sense. He has appeal in states that Cruz doesn't. After the first ballot ... who knows?

The topic is:

The answer is "yes".

Trump has a rally in Arizona right now. Protesters blocked roads to it with their cars and got out holding signs. Locals know alternate routes and MSNBC said that the lines of people going into the rally are 1/2 mile long. It's huge.

Is it too late for Hilary to quit before being completely humiliated again?

It's Phoenix where immigration is a hot issue. I don't think Trump gets enough delegates to win first ballot. So Kasich staying in actually still makes sense. He has appeal in states that Cruz doesn't. After the first ballot ... who knows?

Trump-Kasich sounds a lot more likely. If Trump would listen to Kasich seriously, it might be a match made in heaven.

The topic is:

The answer is "yes".

Is it too late for Hilary to quit before being completely humiliated again?

Actually it is. If Hillary turns and walks away from this everyone will see her huge butt. THAT would be humiliating.

Cheers.

Trump-Kasich sounds a lot more likely. If Trump would listen to Kasich seriously, it might be a match made in heaven.

Maybe. I'm not sure Kasich wants that. Cruz if nominated is a sure loser though. Remember ... the Trump delegates are SOFT. Once free, they might go anywhere.

Chicog: Carson appeared on TV today claiming that there was no quid pro quo in their discussion. Although we may infer that a senior job will be forthcoming in return for Carson's support, Carson says that no specific employment in a future Trump administration was mentioned.

I don't think it matters. It seems the Democrats didn't want him in jail.

biggrin.png

Maybe. I'm not sure Kasich wants that. Cruz if nominated is a sure loser though. Remember ... the Trump delegates are SOFT. Once free, they might go anywhere.

People have been saying that since there were 17 - count them - 17 people running for the R nomination. They also said that Trump had a "ceiling" of about 35% of R voters. They were all wrong. Trump has gained every time someone has dropped out and I posted above that he now polls at 49% against 3 other candidates. The other candidates haven't risen much if any at all even with Rubio just dropping out.

As for comments about Kasich, I hope not. He's responsible for inviting a bunch of Muslims into Ohio and has been very soft on illegal immigration. That doesn't mix well with what Trump wants or what the voters are voting for.

This election is all about immigration and outsourcing jobs to China and elsewhere.

Cheers.

The ugly violent left has no choice but to totally out its cover for action- the media and pols dissembling over leftist violence in America. Over recent years the ugly violent left has only shown shadows of its aggression. It had no need for more as numerous politicians steering the US socialist/left agenda of municipal, state, and federal government effectively acted as a strong arm for the radical left- IRS/applicants, DoJ/Not persecuting black Panthers, Deblasio/NYC antiCop, ATF/Guns for criminals, ad infinitum- they ran interference for the burgeoning radical constituency that was effectively becoming an army. The left had their violence obfuscated by their office holders and media.

With Trump rising all bets are off. Quite frankly, if Trump got into the white house there is no telling what he might do; all stops are out now! The risk is too great and HRC's negatives too great to take chances. Soros, always keen to stir violence in Thailand, HKG, Middle East, East Europe, Africa, Indonesia, etc., has turned his Open Society funds toward blacklivesmatter, Ferguson, MO, and other "fronts" for violence for some time now. Violence and trained aggression is fully game on in the US (they conduct training in civil disobedience). Right now, 19March16, streets are being blocked by Trump protesters to stop Freedom of Association and Trump's speech= Freedom of Speech. This trend continues and darkens. In America in 2016, unapproved speech is unacceptable speech.There are no rules in protesting the unacceptable.

Behind all the bluster of protesting Trump lurks the very real modern brownshirts, very real long-marchers, and very real national socialists determined that free speech and free association do not apply to those they disapprove of.

post-201392-0-33036300-1458425558_thumb.

To return to the OP for a moment, Yes I think it is too late to stop Trump.

The Shields & Brooks segment on Friday's PBS Newshour was pretty bleak. David Brooks, for whom I have great respect as an opinion writer kinda summed it up, people like him totally underestimated the appeal of Trump, and as he so succinctly said, quote:

DAVID BROOKS: And only it’s because of the ignorance of people like me, who didn’t see that he’s ahead for eight months, so it’s a very simple storyline. He’s been ahead for eight months. He’s still ahead.

And so that’s been very stable. We all expected him to explode. The only surprise is, this has been so linear for him.

The other interesting factoid is how much the opposition to Trump spent, with little or no effect. Quote:

MARK SHIELDS: Oh, no, I think the momentum is with him. I think the numbers are with him, Judy.

Judy, probably it hasn’t been totaled up yet, but a good bet is there was $20 million spent against Donald Trump in Florida, $20 million in negative campaign ads that went from calling him — one group, secretive group associated with the Koch brothers called him a wealthy draft dodger.

They have never mentioned — they never used that term about Dick Cheney, but then they called Trump University a scam and accused him of being just a scurrilous, unprincipled person. And all this, and it apparently — you know, if anything, it didn’t lay a glove on him, and, if anything, increased his numbers.

I mean, he has a constituency that is indifferent to such charges. So, I don’t know what would be revealed. I mean, there has been enough already revealed about him and understood that would kill any other candidate.

So I think we should all accept that he's the GOP ticket for November....God Help Us All

Most Arizonians actually like Mexicans. Just one example of blow-back from being overly exclusive: When AZ recently made laws more draconian for illegals, many businesses in and outside of AZ weren't happy. Phoenix's Convention Center lost most of its bookings. These are things Trump doesn't think through: His sweeping policy statements (like an added 45% tariff on imported items) will likely hurt Americans more than help them, while driving up cost-of-living.

Trump has been able to get an endorsement of an outspoken right-wing Mexican-hating police chief from Arizona. That's interesting, but doesn't reflect the majority of Arizonians, many of whom are Latino and friendly with Latinos. It's says a lot about Cruz's non-appeal, that Trump garners so much support among right-wingers. Kasich seems somewhat reasonable, but most Republicans are proving, with their votes, that they don't want someone reasonable, they want a divisive hot-head.

Most Arizonians actually like Mexicans. Just one example of blow-back from being overly exclusive: When AZ recently made laws more draconian for illegals, many businesses in and outside of AZ weren't happy. Phoenix's Convention Center lost most of its bookings. These are things Trump doesn't think through: His sweeping policy statements (like an added 45% tariff on imported items) will likely hurt Americans more than help them, while driving up cost-of-living.

Trump has been able to get an endorsement of an outspoken right-wing Mexican-hating police chief from Arizona. That's interesting, but doesn't reflect the majority of Arizonians, many of whom are Latino and friendly with Latinos. It's says a lot about Cruz's non-appeal, that Trump garners so much support among right-wingers. Kasich seems somewhat reasonable, but most Republicans are proving, with their votes, that they don't want someone reasonable, they want a divisive hot-head.

Well, I'm Hispanic, and I have to say every time I've visited AZ, can't say that I resonated with that majority that seem to like Hispanics, but I could be wrong.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio is an interesting guy. Racist, bigoted, probably, but Jorge Ramos had an interesting perspective on him when interviewed. He contrasted him with Trump, who at the infamous press interview had him ejected and refused to answer his questions. Arpaio on the other hand he said, is always available to interview, and while you might not like his opinions is at least man enough to debate them with you

It is amazing how little the smirky, smug liberals and leftists on this thread know about what is really going on in America now and how little they understand what is driving this Populist Uprising. I can only laugh at the outdated viewpoint and analysis applied using tired old phrases. It is a full scale Revolt against the Obama Regime and the tired old boy club of the Republican Establishment who hate their own voters... And even with all the evidence right in front of their faces the Lib/Left will be shocked after the November Elections ... How did it happen? Their ignorance is amusing

Archived