Is it too late to stop the Donald Trump machine?

webfact

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go:

Is she serious with this? This is going to get people to vote for her?

She and Bill should just pocket the bribes that were paid to the Clinton Foundation and go into hiding. They're through.

Delightfully 90's. In the meanwhile Trump has mastered the use of social media. No contest there, Donald can throw a truckload of mud in the time it takes Hillary to compose one youtube video of clips every one has already seen N+1 times.

But it's nice to see the games have begun hit-the-fan.gifpartytime2.gif

You just gotta love the all-knowing, smug liberals who populate Bill Maher's audience.

I LOVE IT !! biggrin.pngthumbsup.gifclap2.gif

They think they speak for everyone else and just cannot understand (or accept) that there are people with opposing views (who they think are obviosuly wrong).

Liberals are like my teenage girls (before they grew up) - what they think and want is THE most important thing - and they are always right and everyone else is just wrong.

I guess you're talking about NAFTA. It's true Bill Clinton negotiated the deal. But the Democratic senators voted against it 28 to 27. Republican senators voted in favor of it 34-10. In other words, if the majority of Republican senators had voted against Nafta. or even split evenly, it would have died. So how about sharing some of the credit with the Republicans? Remember, Google is your friend.

Bush one signed NAFTA before Clinton was around. Clinton got it really rolling.

Why do you think the People are finally throwing out the R party?

I guess you're talking about NAFTA. It's true Bill Clinton negotiated the deal. But the Democratic senators voted against it 28 to 27. Republican senators voted in favor of it 34-10. In other words, if the majority of Republican senators had voted against Nafta. or even split evenly, it would have died. So how about sharing some of the credit with the Republicans? Remember, Google is your friend.

If anything shows how unwilling the right wing is to face reality, it's that they have no use for even simple fact checking. Which is why Trump is about to get the nomination. At any rate, here's a quote: "The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA; Spanish: Tratado de Libre Comercio de América del Norte, TLCAN; French: Accord de libre-échange nord-américain, ALÉNA) is an agreement signed by Canada,Mexico, and the United States, creating a trilateral trade bloc in North America. The agreement came into force on January 1, 1994.[3] It superseded the Canada–United States Free Trade Agreement between the U.S. and Canada.[4]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Free_Trade_Agreement

If anything shows how unwilling the right wing is to face reality, it's that they have no use for even simple fact checking. Which is why Trump is about to get the nomination. At any rate, here's a quote: "The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA; Spanish: Tratado de Libre Comercio de América del Norte, TLCAN; French: Accord de libre-échange nord-américain, ALÉNA) is an agreement signed by Canada,Mexico, and the United States, creating a trilateral trade bloc in North America. The agreement came into force on January 1, 1994.[3] It superseded the Canada–United States Free Trade Agreement between the U.S. and Canada.[4]"

North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)
In three separate ceremonies in the three capitals on Dec. 17, 1992, President Bush, Mexican President Salinas, and Canadian Prime Minister Mulroney signed the historic North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). The framework agreement proposed to eliminate restrictions on the flow of goods, services, and investment in North America.
Now, about that "fact checking"...

In three separate ceremonies in the three capitals on Dec. 17, 1992, President Bush, Mexican President Salinas, and Canadian Prime Minister Mulroney signed the historic North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). The framework agreement proposed to eliminate restrictions on the flow of goods, services, and investment in North America.

Thank you for the correction. I am actually delighted to have been in the wrong. In other words a Republican President negotiated and signed NAFTA, and only because a majority of Republican Senators supported it did it become law. And an overwhelming majority at that. Democratic Senators voted against it even with a Democratic President supporting it. This makes the ignorance of the right wingers blaming Democrats for the loss of good paying jobs to Mexico even more ludicrous.

Thanks again for the correction.

Thank you for the correction. I am actually delighted to have been in the wrong. In other words a Republican President negotiated and signed NAFTA, and only because a majority of Republican Senators supported it did it become law. And an overwhelming majority at that. Democratic Senators voted against it even with a Democratic President supporting it. This makes the ignorance of the right wingers blaming Democrats for the loss of good paying jobs to Mexico even more ludicrous.

Thanks again for the correction.

I don't think you are following what's happening. Voters are rejecting the Republican Party en masse, and are wanting outsiders. Did I say I liked any Bush? Does anyone? We are seeing the demise of the Republican Party as we've known it for just these types of reasons.

Edited by NeverSure

^^^

From the interview:

"If I offended you, I’m sorry. But what about the other way around?”

Won't happen. The Bloviator is not capable of compassion or humility. Or man enough.

The same punk who considered his whoring around equal to being a "great and brave soldier" The guy is sickening.

“I’ve been so lucky in terms of that whole world. It is a dangerous world out there. It’s scary, like Vietnam. Sort of like the Vietnam-era,” Trump said in a video.

“It is my personal Vietnam. I feel like a great and very brave soldier.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/02/16/draft-dodger-trump-said-sleeping-around-was-my-personal-vietnam.html

"“I don’t think he should follow the strategy of attacking others, offending others, to get to his purpose. There are other ways and means of doing it,”
Fox stressed, adding, “I invite him to come to Mexico and to see what Mexico is all about.”
President Vicente Fox is more of a man than the cowardly, draft dodging Bloviator, any day.
Edited by iReason

^^^

From the interview:

"If I offended you, I’m sorry. But what about the other way around?”

Won't happen. The Bloviator is not capable of compassion or humility. Or man enough.

The same punk who considered his whoring around equal to being a "brave soldier" The guy is sickening.

“I’ve been so lucky in terms of that whole world. It is a dangerous world out there. It’s scary, like Vietnam. Sort of like the Vietnam-era,” Trump said in a video that resurfaced Tuesday on Buzzfeed,

“It is my personal Vietnam. I feel like a great and very brave soldier.”

"“I don’t think he should follow the strategy of attacking others, offending others, to get to his purpose. There are other ways and means of doing it,”
Fox stressed, adding, “I invite him to come to Mexico and to see what Mexico is all about.”

"Some people" haven't been around enough to see when one guy is up and the other is down. WHO had to try to start a dialogue with The Big Dog? Did Trump invite someone to come to him? Is it Trump who thinks he needs something?

Amazing. whistling.gif

Name the one and greatest accomplishment of Hillary Clinton.

Her single greatest accomplishment was attaching herself to Bill as it is the sole reason anyone has ever heard of her. She would have never been named SoS unless Obama needed Bill's endorsement for the general election in 2008. Actually, that deal worked for both Obama and Bill since it kept Hillary flying around the world and out of Bill's sight for 4 years

Trump wins by landslides in last 6 states, Lyin' Ted drops out, That pig Kasich quits, former Mexican President Vicente Fox apologized to Trump and invited him to Mexico.

Have you had enough of Trump winning yet?

So next the UK will get in the queue to apologize for trying to ban him from their country....lol

I very much doubt that will happen and Trump, I believe, is not someone who will be looking for an apology from those who know how to spell "apologise" smile.png

Trump wins by landslides in last 6 states, Lyin' Ted drops out, That pig Kasich quits, former Mexican President Vicente Fox apologized to Trump and invited him to Mexico.

Wow! The FORMER President of Mexico. What about the current President of Mexicol You know, the guy with the power and whose party is going to have to face the electorate next time. What's he been saying?

I don't think you are following what's happening. Voters are rejecting the Republican Party en masse, and are wanting outsiders. Did I say I liked any Bush? Does anyone? We are seeing the demise of the Republican Party as we've known it for just these types of reasons.

So, it wasn't you who wrote "Everyone wants jobs and prosperity. The Dems have shipped them away while allowing illegals to come in and compete with lower and sometimes illegal wages."

Her single greatest accomplishment was attaching herself to Bill as it is the sole reason anyone has ever heard of her. She would have never been named SoS unless Obama needed Bill's endorsement for the general election in 2008. Actually, that deal worked for both Obama and Bill since it kept Hillary flying around the world and out of Bill's sight for 4 years

And I guess Trump didn't grow up in the upper .01 percent. Remember when he said that when he started out his father loaned him" only "1 million dollars.

^^^

Actually, the Bloviator, born with a Silver Spoon up his butt, stated:

“It has not been easy for me. It has not been easy for me. I started off in Brooklyn. My father gave me a small loan of a million dollars," Trump remarked. clap2.gifcheesy.gif clap2.gif

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/donald-trump-father-loan-1-million-dollars-215154#ixzz47nXXYRGp

Unbelievable. Poor Penthouse baby...

The 1% personified.

Amazing that there are suckers who believe this huckster would ever mingle with them before. facepalm.gif

Edited by iReason

And I guess Trump didn't grow up in the upper .01 percent. Remember when he said that when he started out his father loaned him" only "1 million dollars.

Not sure what the original question has to do with Trump. If he was able to take $1M and build a $$$multi-billion real estate empire, then my hats off to him.

Back to the original question. Aside from being elected Senator because NYer's were still in love with her husband and becoming SoS because Obama owed her husband a favor, what would you say Hillary's single biggest accomplishment is?

So next the UK will get in the queue to apologize for trying to ban him from their country....lol

I very much doubt that will happen and Trump, I believe, is not someone who will be looking for an apology from those who know how to spell "apologise" smile.png

I'm sure he won't care whether they misspell it or not. That's part of diplomacy!! thumbsup.gif

Not sure what the original question has to do with Trump. If he was able to take $1M and build a $$$multi-billion real estate empire, then my hats off to him.

Back to the original question. Aside from being elected Senator because NYer's were still in love with her husband and becoming SoS because Obama owed her husband a favor, what would you say Hillary's single biggest accomplishment is?

This seems to be an ongoing conservative entertainment industry theme, apparently started by Carly Fiorina during a republican debate last September. You all remember Carlyle don't you...

Small list in no particular order.

TH

Even though her major initiative, the Clinton healthcare plan, failed (due to Republican obstruction), you cannot deny that it laid ground for what we have today, the Affordable Healthcare Act, something Clinton supports and would continue.

She played a leading role in the development of State Childrens Health Insurance Program, which provides the much-needed state support for children whose parents cannot afford nor provide them with adequate healthcare coverage.

She was also instrumental in the creation of the Adoption and Safe Families Act and the Foster Care Independence Act.

Successfully fought to increase research funding for prostate cancer and asthma at the National Institute of Health (NIH).

She spearheaded investigations into mental illness plaguing veterans of the Gulf War; we now have a term for it Gulf War Syndrome.

At the Department of Justice, she helped create the office on Violence Against Women.

She was instrumental in securing over $21 billion in funding for the World Trade Center redevelopment.

Took a leading role in the investigation of health consequences of first responders and drafted the first bill to compensate and offer the health services our first responders deserve (Clintons successor in the Senate, Kirsten Gillibrand, passed the bill).

Was instrumental in working out a bi-partisan compromise to address civil liberty abuses for the renewal of the U.S. Patriot Act.

Proposed a revival of the New Deal-era Home Owners Loan Corporation to help homeowners refinance their mortgages in the wake of the 2008 financial disaster.

Was a major proponent of sensible diplomacy which brought about a ceasefire between Hamas and Israel, and brokered human rights with Burma.

Oversaw free trade agreements with our allies such as Panama, Colombia, and South Korea.

Was the most traveled Secretary of State to date.

Donald Trump was a nightmare landlord in the 1980s

There's an episode in Donald Trump's past that shows just how far this billionaire businessman will go to get his way:

"It began in 1981. Trump bought a 14-story building on prime real estate facing New York City's Central Park.

His plan was to tear down the building and replace it with luxury condos. But first he needed a small band of rent-stabilized tenants out of there."

"To succeed, Trump played rough, according to lawsuits filed by the tenants. Renters said he cut heat and hot water,

and he imposed tough building rules. Trump even proposed sheltering homeless people in the building."

"Two months later, he applied for a demolition permit to blow it up. Trump fired the building manager and replaced him with Citadel Management.

In his book, The Art of the Deal, Trump himself said he chose a company that "specialized in relocating tenants."

http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/28/news/trump-apartment-tenants/

Read on to see what a scumbag the Bloviator is. thumbsup.gif

post-206952-0-25539700-1462465982_thumb.

Edited by iReason