Tot

CGW

I have had no internet connection via ADSL for a week now, modern just flashing!

If I call TOT they tell me no problem, nobody in my area has connection! They are working!

Great at least I'm not being victimised!

Any body else lost there connection in SE Pattaya area, accross Sukhumvit?

Cheers

I have had no internet connection via ADSL for a week now, modern just flashing!

If I call TOT they tell me no problem, nobody in my area has connection! They are working!

Great at least I'm not being victimised!

Any body else lost there connection in SE Pattaya area, accross Sukhumvit?

Cheers

Yes i have problems with tot,

One problem sending me bills for calls i did not make, when i went to the office they could not explain why this would happen, then i noticed on the back of my was the name and number of another tot customer. I was being cvharged for his line rental, internet charge and all calls made by him

With the iternet, sometimes i canot get on line, so i have to refresh the dns or ip address, when i go to windows set up it soed it automatically , but i normally have to do this at least one time a week.

Our telephone line from TOT was down for two days once. Then when it was back, internet still couldn't work. Called TOT and they realised that the internet line was down over the area. Took them two days to repair.

And shortly after, when they said that it's working already, I still could not connect online. Finally, they told me to reset my settings with this link on internet explorer:

http://192.168.1.1

User : admin

password: tot

this will link your modem to your pc and you can see if they're linked correctly or not.

Then click on to sub-menu 'quick configuration' and check under 'ppp' if the username is 'your telephone number@silvercyber' and the password will be your telephone number.

E.G: 038123456@silvercyber

password: 038123456

then click on to submit. if your modem is the same as mine from TOT, usually it'll work with this unless it's not connected properly.

Hope it helps!!

I’m not with TOT, but TTT, also live in east Pattaya about 4 K up Sukhumvit.

My Maxnet service has been absolute crap for the last 3 days, getting a little better from this afternoon though. Yesterday it was so slow, I couldn’t even get speed test results.

Spoke to a couple of other guys tonight with this service and they said same, same.

Mike.

I'm having the same trouble as you mike 100, thought it was just me as I'm a bit further from the exchange than they recommend. Sometimes when all the lights are on on the modem I still can't download anything! Thought maybe it had something to do with CAT as like you I cannot always get a reading on a speed test. :o:D

I'm using TT&T MaxNet in Jomtien (west of Sukhumvit) and starting at about 1600h on Friday the 27th, my DSL signal keeps dropping about 20 times per hour.

Yes, sometimes the connection remains connected 60 seconds or less. <sigh...>

I called customer service (1103) on Friday about 2000h and they said a technician would call me that evening or Saturday morning.

I called customer service on Saturday afternoon and was advised they woud "ask" a technician to call me.

I called customer service on Sunday afternoon and... well, you get the picture: after two full days of largely unusable ADSL service, no technician has called.

TT&T MaxNet is a great service when it works, but when it doesn't there is next-to-no support. I go through problems about every six months, though it's usually just slow throughput, not a complete loss of signal like this time.

PS: So far, I've lost the DSL signal three times while trying to post this reply...

If you are far away from the exchange downgrading is possibly a good move.

When you subscribe for 1024/512, the dslam (is asdl modem at the exchane) will be set to that speed for you, so your modem will try to connect at that speed.

The higher the speed, the lower the signal to noise ratio, the more difficult it is for your modem to keep the connection especially on marginal phone lines.

If you have a high quality modem, it will almost seemlessly lower the connection speed when there is too much noise on the line. Cheaper modems most likely will just get stuck, requiring you to reboot the modem to get the connection going again. This can be quite annoying!

If you downgrade the speed to 512/256, your modem will have a higher margin on the SNR, so it'll almost never have to step speed down, and will also never get stuck without data coming through!

I did what you suggested Monty and downgraded to the 512/256 package last Tuesday 31st. My wife did it for me while she was in Carrefour and they told her I could use the new package with the new user number and password from the next day the 1st. So next day I put in the new password etc. but could not get anything to work, it would not let me use the new p/word etc. In fact after that it wouldn't let me in to the old package either. After a few more trys I called the TT&T service who said I would have to wait 7 days for the new package, no use trying to argue, so I thought I'd have to use dial-up for a while. Anyway,I tried again later the same day and "hey-presto" we're up and running. For more than 3 hours using the net I have no problems. Next day, 3hours in morning, 3 hrs. in afternoon no problems. Tried again last night and again this morning, "zilch!" The lights are on on the modem, the config. screen has green lights for go, but when trying to get Mozilla or IE all I get is page cannot be displayed. Called the TT&T service again and to my surprise the lady did at least try to talk me through some ways of sorting it out but to no use. My friend down the road has the same set-up so I took my modem to see if it worked on his computer, No! So I also tried his modem on mine, Works OK! So I take the modem back to TT&T for a replacement. The girl in the shop says I'll check it for you. Can you believe what she did? A bent paper clip pushed into the little hole on the modem labled reset and it's working fine. Is this T I T or what? Anyway, it might help someone else with problems, just use a paper clip! :o:D

Again why o why are tot so rubish after weeks of my connection working then not working and many calls to tot finally they told me that they were having so many problems with there server in bangkok that i will have to down grade from 1MG to 512K. After telling her that we had a contract and i had paid in advance for the goldcyber service but i was still told that i would have to change silvercyber for a more reliable service and not just me she told me many more pepole would have to down grade because of the demand on the server.So why is it they can guaranty uninterrupted high speed internet at the new airport but not at my home. So if you are having problems with goldcyber and keep geting network error you to may have to down grade to. I find tots attitude to its customers extremeley poor i am going to the tot office in pattaya tomorrow to find out what can be done but to be honest i have had enough of tot poor service so if any one can tell me of a reliable internet service provider please let me know

Edited by mazo

• 1 month later...
Everyone has problems with TOT. You go down to the office and speak to the girl that handles the internet and she just smiles, and says a tech will call you tomorrow. never happens. My advice switch to TT&T

Barry

I guess that I'm just lucky. I live on Jomtien Beach Road and I've been using TOT's Goldcyber (1024/512) for just over one year now and never had a problem. Just before signing up for this service my telephone line was changed from an old, weather prone and unreliable TT&T line to a spanking new TOT muticore cable. Maybe that's helped my service, I don't know.

I have the mobile number of the Pattaya TOT branch manager (who is a complete waste of space) and I am not shy calling him any time his service fails - which is quite often. Bynow, he knows my number and denies the call, but after calling 20+ times he usually gives up and answers.

He seems to be tired of me calling and referred my case to Bangkok. There I talk now to the webmaster, she is very competent and admitted to "problems"...for instance their smtp had been added to various spam blacklists and they opened a new one but did not bother informing their customers about it.

I also cut every day with ADSL problems from the invoice and the Pattaya Manager was happy to accept this after having discussed the issue with me in front of several customers.

If you like to have the mobile number, just PM me, I am more than happy to distribute it.

Any One who wants to pay a little extra try CAT, I have had the 2mb package for a month almost, with a permanant connection, havent been kicked off once. My sister has had the same for 3 months again never once booted.

2600 baht a month, installed in 3-4 days. No phone service included. They even come in and set up your PC for you, I am getting regular download speeds of 900-1.2 over the last 7 days

I’m not with TOT, but TTT, also live in east Pattaya about 4 K up Sukhumvit.

My Maxnet service has been absolute crap for the last 3 days, getting a little better from this afternoon though. Yesterday it was so slow, I couldn’t even get speed test results.

Spoke to a couple of other guys tonight with this service and they said same, same.

Mike.

As far as I know, TT&T is a kind of agent, using the ToT hardware.

I live in Pattaya SE opposite Lotus and TT&T doesn't come to my village. It's in the hands of ToT.

I'm using a 56k dial up internet connection and this connection is faster than the ADSL conncetion at work, from ToT. We have a lot of trouble there especially during the rainy season. There seems to be a line from Bangkok towards Chonburi province and this line causes a lot of trouble.