What are these bugs please?

Tevion

I have been in my condo for a week, in the last 24 hours I have found 5-6 of these around my kitchen and bathrooms areas. I dont really open the windows or use the balcony, so I think they are getting in through the drains or something.

The picture actually makes them look bigger because I zoomed in, they look kinda like roaches of some sort, any help is appreciated, thanks.

post-256134-0-23407800-1458193487_thumb.

could be cockroaches ..... buy a can of chaindrite and spray everywhere ....

Going to tesco lotus later will have a look for this, thanks.

Should be accompanied by a thorough cleaning of the condo, floors, drains (also under the sink), empty and clean the drawers, cabinets etc.

Move all furniture/inventory if possible specially in the kitchen area ("look behind/underneath").

Check all opened food packages (corn etc.).

Be prepared for unpleasant surprises.

No food stored openly, get tight plastic containers, no crumbs on the floor etc.

Put everything in the fridge as far as suitable.

Cold is the only environment that these buggers can not survive.

Edited by KhunBENQ

could be cockroaches ..... buy a can of chaindrite and spray everywhere ....

Going to tesco lotus later will have a look for this, thanks.

Should be accompanied by a thorough cleaning of the condo, floors, drains (also under the sink), empty and clean the drawers, cabinets etc.

Move all furniture/inventory if possible specially in the kitchen area ("look behind/underneath").

Check all opened food packages (corn etc.).

Be prepared for unpleasant surprises.

No food stored openly, get tight plastic containers, no crumbs on the floor etc.

Put everything in the fridge as far as suitable.

Cold is the only environment that these buggers can not survive.

Thanks, going to give the whole place a clean from top to bottom.

From the picture this seems almost certainly to be a mature German cockroach (blatella germanica) and not a juvenile of the big chestnut-brown American cockroach (blatta americana) or one of the other similar big varieties. The German cockroach is a distinct sub-species of cockroach that is smaller, slimmer, faster-moving and duller in colour. It breeds profusely and most typically infests commercial and institutional kitchens and restaurants. It's considered harder to eradicate than the bigger cockroaches because of its breeding habits and its love of large-scale food sources.

By using some of the good advice given in the previous post and spraying a roach spray into difficult cavities you should be able to get on top of the problem. It's a sign of bad food hygiene to have this type of cockroach, but the real source of your problem is probably elsewhere in your condo building or in a nearby food premises. I've worked in this field (pest control in hotel and restaurant kitchens) and I really hate this particular insect. When you spray under cabinets or fridges they can come out literally in torrents and crawl all over you and inside your clothes. Good luck.

From the picture this seems almost certainly to be a mature German cockroach (blatella germanica) and not a juvenile of the big chestnut-brown American cockroach (blatta americana) or one of the other similar big varieties. The German cockroach is a distinct sub-species of cockroach that is smaller, slimmer, faster-moving and duller in colour. It breeds profusely and most typically infests commercial and institutional kitchens and restaurants. It's considered harder to eradicate than the bigger cockroaches because of its breeding habits and its love of large-scale food sources.

By using some of the good advice given in the previous post and spraying a roach spray into difficult cavities you should be able to get on top of the problem. It's a sign of bad food hygiene to have this type of cockroach, but the real source of your problem is probably elsewhere in your condo building or in a nearby food premises. I've worked in this field (pest control in hotel and restaurant kitchens) and I really hate this particular insect. When you spray under cabinets or fridges they can come out literally in torrents and crawl all over you and inside your clothes. Good luck.

I agree. I once had a desk that had a problem with these small cockroaches running around in the drawers, never saw one larger. And I've never seen these very small breeds in and around full size cockroaches either.

Edited by lamyai3

Just to update you guys, spent 3 hours cleaning my entire condo literally everything was cleaned. I bought some chaindrite and sprayed all the key areas last night and aired out the rooms. I woke up this morning found around 20-25 dead roaches mainly in the kitchen area, few in my bedroom. They were all very small in size in comparison to the picture I uploaded, haven't seen any big ones since. I dont know if this is a good sign or not? going to keep cleaning regularly, anyone has any more advice would be grateful thanks.

Yes, it's the German cockroach. Its habit is invading other countries. It has now almost taken over the world. BTW, it's not a subspecies, it's a distinct species, Blattella germanica (two Ts and a capital B ). It becomes quite annoyed if you spell its name inaccurately. Sometimes, the more mature adults can have black, red and yellow stripes on their back. Also colloquially known as the VW bug.

Edited by Thainess