Fascination with ladyboys amongst Thai Visa Forum members?

neverdie

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attractive ladyboys are rarely found in the west. Just another fascinating aspect of life here.

Good answer, I hadn't thought of it like that. I am sure in Thailand a percentage of them go unnoticed (particularly away from the seedy districts).

What I noticed is that every time someone posts a pic of a hot Thai gal, a bunch of disturbing posts about her being a ladyboy follows.

That's what I'm talking about.

It happens all over the forum.

You see lads talking about engines in the motor section and all of a sudden the ladyboy topic is mentioned. You could virtually move the word 'motor' out of my statement and insert any other subject on the forum and the same thing will eventually happen.

I wonder if some of us started discussing lepers in the same fashion of it would go unnoticed or we'd be called to task over it?

Fascinating. 55555

neverdie if it wasn't for your own contributions this would have been a short-lived topic.whistling.gif

So what.

You make a comment directed towards me and I do my best to discuss it. I do the same with others. Often you find that with a thread on the forum, where the OP contributes more than other posters. Had you failed to notice that?

If you don't want to discuss it, I'm sure you know what to do. If you don't like me replying, maybe you can indicate why and I will consider that, just to appease you. ;)

Attractive ladyboys are rarely found in the west. Just another fascinating aspect of life here.

Good answer, I hadn't thought of it like that. I am sure in Thailand a percentage of them go unnoticed (particularly away from the seedy districts).

I teach university students in Bangkok and occasionally there is a ladyboy in the class. No one bats an eye; just part of life in Thailand.

I don't know if I'd call it a "fascination" more like an abhorrence of all the violence ladyboys have inflicted on tourists, especially in Pattaya. Ladyboys constantly feature in news items because of these attacks.

There are probably more university educated transwomen in professional careers than in the seedy bars you appear to frequent, but you neglect to mention them!

Also odd that you choose to come to a region with the highest number of males born with feminine attributes. Effeminism is higher among Hispanics and Asians, and increases in likelihood the more children a couple from this demographic has, according to a study by Hong Kong University. This might explain why there are so many effeminate gays and transgender women in the Philippines.

If you'd ever taken time to meet some of these people, other than in the bars of Pattaya, you'd realise that they are human beings like you, who feel all the same range of emotions and pain that you feel.

I don't know if I'd call it a "fascination" more like an abhorrence of all the violence ladyboys have inflicted on tourists, especially in Pattaya. Ladyboys constantly feature in news items because of these attacks.

There are probably more university educated transwomen in professional careers than in the seedy bars you appear to frequent, but you neglect to mention them!

Also odd that you choose to come to a region with the highest number of males born with feminine attributes. Effeminism is higher among Hispanics and Asians, and increases in likelihood the more children a couple from this demographic has, according to a study by Hong Kong University. This might explain why there are so many effeminate gays and transgender women in the Philippines.

If you'd ever taken time to meet some of these people, other than in the bars of Pattaya, you'd realise that they are human beings like you, who feel all the same range of emotions and pain that you feel.

Did I mention bars? I was commenting on one of the reasons that ladyboys get so much attention, good or bad. I don't frequent bars, but I do read the Thai Visa news and watch television news, and we were talking about the "fascination with ladyboys amongst TV forums members" just in case you didn't read the OP's header. So think before you respond OK?

As far as the UK goes, this is probably because homosexuality wasn't decriminalised until 1967, so gays and transgender had to stay in the closet or risk arrest (Search for the story of Alan Turing).

Leaving transition until later in life was the problem in the west, although this is less of a problem now, so you may have encountered a young transwoman without realising it. In South East Asia transwomen find it easier to be accepted, mostly by women, although I understand that in mainly rural areas it isn't easy for them, which probably explains why many choose to move to the more cosmopolitan Bangkok.

Did I mention bars? I was commenting on one of the reasons that ladyboys get so much attention, good or bad. I don't frequent bars, but I do read the Thai Visa news and watch television news, and we were talking about the "fascination with ladyboys amongst TV forums members" just in case you didn't read the OP's header. So think before you respond OK?

Likewise!

Likewise!

I made no judgement on ladyboys per se, but merely commented on the bad coverage they receive in the press, so why would I need to think before responding? Your comments makes no sense.

Watch this impassioned speech to the U.N. Assembly and hopefully you will begin to see transgender people as human beings first and foremost.

https://youtu.be/JrOc6CIQjtc

This is the video that changed my view of the transgender community.

Sass Rogando Sasot is a Filipino transwomen who is currently studying for a Masters Degree at Leiden University in the Netherlands.

Reading the news, it appears as if an overwhelming majority of ladyboy prostitutes are engaged in drugs, crime and other illegal things. These are real nasty creatures. The ones in the offices and shops are decent persons.

Reading the news, it appears as if an overwhelming majority of ladyboy prostitutes are engaged in drugs, crime and other illegal things. These are real nasty creatures. The ones in the offices and shops are decent persons.

So just a normal cross section of society then!

Those who defend upon the sex trade and the seedy bars are problematic whatever their gender, so why is it always the ladyboys that are highlighted when something bad happens!?

The birth girls in the Pattaya bars are, of course, all paragons of virtue who never do a thing wrong!

As with the women and men who are prostitutes if that is what you are assuming. Actually I would say that might be the case all over the world. And again I need to point out they are humans even if they are on drugs, not "nasty creatures." Save those kind of comments for animals or bugs. Thanks.

Those who defend upon the sex trade and the seedy bars are problematic whatever their gender, so why is it always the ladyboys that are highlighted when something bad happens!?

The birth girls in the Pattaya bars are, of course, all paragons of virtue who never do a thing wrong!

In proportion to females, ladyboys outweigh them by far for acts of violence towards falangs. Not too often I read a news item that says a tourist was attacked by a group of women.

I teach university students in Bangkok and occasionally there is a ladyboy in the class. No one bats an eye; just part of life in Thailand.

I'm fully aware of that, I've got several transgendered people in my family, both my side and my wife's. They are of varying ages and none of them feature in the Pattaya news or any similar type of publication. I would also bet most people I. The forum would pass by one of them without even realising.

Back to the topic though, there's considerable fascination in the forum and it's evident by the amount of comments about them.

I don't think anyone's disputing any of that, although there's a bit more to it, but not really what I was trying to discuss.

Keep an eye on the forum for the random ladyboy comment and you'll see what I mean.

I'm fully aware of that, I've got several transgendered people in my family, both my side and my wife's. They are of varying ages and none of them feature in the Pattaya news or any similar type of publication. I would also bet most people I. The forum would pass by one of them without even realising.

Back to the topic though, there's considerable fascination in the forum and it's evident by the amount of comments about them.

I think the "fascination" is all in your head. I don't see ladyboys being discussed any more than any other topic, and nearly half the comments in your post are your own. Ladyboys feature quite heavily in Pattaya news because they seem to be prevalent in committing acts of violence against falangs, so I guess that's always going to create some controversy. If it was jet ski operators or taxi drivers beating up falangs it would create the same level of comments.

and nearly half the comments in your post are your own.

So what? I have already explained to you why that might be but clearly 'comprehension' isn't your strong suit. I've got an idea, why don't you point it out again, just because it's so important.

Your objection to my observation has been noted, well done.

In proportion to females, ladyboys outweigh them by far for acts of violence towards falangs. Not too often I read a news item that says a tourist was attacked by a group of women.

And you know that's not reporting bias because........

Sensationalism sells better than routine news items, that's why you rarely see reports of mundane daily occurrences. Even a story of a farang picking litter on a beach or street makes the news, but not if a Thai does it.

Compiling data from news reports isn't exactly scientific is it!!!

And you know that's not reporting bias because........

Sensationalism sells better than routine news items, that's why you rarely see reports of mundane daily occurrences. Even a story of a farang picking litter on a beach or street makes the news, but not if a Thai does it.

Compiling data from news reports isn't exactly scientific is it!!!

Most people could work out that for themselves Tim, but some people need a little help with the basics ;) Edited by neverdie

They scare me..... Never lived anywhere there has been so many Transgenders .... On the Surface Thailand seems to be accepting of them which is good.....

Surely they can't all be bad.....

They are all not bad. I have been living with one now for 8 years so I do know this world very well.

My partner has a great business, works 12-15 hours a day, is extremely pretty ( just say, when farang come into our shop, the guys cannot keep there eyes off her and I commonly get asked from everyone how long have we been married for and do we have children) and she works also in a Charity organization for long hours on her days off. Another one of my friends also has a long term LB girlfriend and she is even prettier again and has major trouble when we go out to Zoe's with guys hitting on her.

I know about 200 plus LB's now and most are okay. Some work the game, most work at jobs and some are crazy as well. Generally, there are many working here and most of you would walk past them not knowing they are a LB. Go to the makeup sections of any Central in Thailand and she if you can notice the difference?

Like I said, not all are bad but if your hanging around Soi 6 in Pattaya or the Moat here at CM after midnight, you are looking for trouble.

Poor ladyboys, they are just picked on and unfairly treated by the media. All those incidents of real women attacking falangs seem to go unreported.whistling.gif

Talk about flogging a dead horse .

....fascinated about something are we?

I made the "chicks with dicks" post, along side the "wealthy farang" post, and the "earth leakage circuit breaker" post.

None of them particularly interest me but suited the thread at the time.

I wasn't picking on you dad, promise. 5555555

I remember the summer of 1953 when you and I had a stint in Bangkok after having spent 6 weeks together floating in a dingy, at sea. Anyway should I tell the forum about your walk on the wildlife that summer or should we just leave it to their imagination?

I understand your fascination brother so I wasn't referring to you in the OP, promise. ;)

Was it really 63 years ago? It seems like yesterday.

I am still receiving therapy.

I still recall vividly the flight to Singapore in the old (but then new) Lockheed prop plane and the countless hours of listening to you and your stories. The boat trip to Bangkok following that was a little hazey.

We were strapping young men :P

You must be one of the oldest 'fascinated' members on the TVF machine. :D

I still prefer circuit breakers.

If you are as fascinated by them as I was (the pretty ones with the long legs and without the gruff voices anyway) put them on your "100-things-to-do-before-I-die list"!

I did - ticked it off as well. It was (surprisingly) OK, not great, just OK. It's not on my 100 things to do again listwink.png.

If you are as fascinated by them as I was (the pretty ones with the long legs and without the gruff voices anyway) put them on your "100-things-to-do-before-I-die list"!

I did - ticked it off as well. It was (surprisingly) OK, not great, just OK. It's not on my 100 things to do again listwink.png.

A sender or a receiver?

• 2 weeks later...

So, what fraction of ladyboys would you consider are likely to pack like wild dogs and attack you? 1%? 10%? 50%?

Statistically, on a worldwide scale, it is transgendered women who are more likely to be attacked, and even murdered, by men than it is the other way around.

I joined the Thai Visa Forum just because of what I have read in this topic.

True, perhaps. Asian features and a naturally slighter build makes their transition less problematic.

Edited by dtrans