Going to Savanakhet for non-imm O visa

Dear all, I know there are many posts regarding the same issue. Can't find the relevant old threads.

Need help for these. Thank you

1. If going by own transport. Where is the good location to park your vehicle near the border? I mean for security reason. Make sure car is not lost.

2. Any affordable hotel/resort near border BEFORE crossing to Savanaket?

3. If we bring kids along, any advice for convenience cause?

4. Is the timing the same? Today morning 9am-11am for application and next day for collection of visa?

5. Any changes for the application process?

1. There is a covered parking area on the left as you approach the entrance to the border crossing. It is 250 baht per night.

4. Yes. Collection after 2 pm the next day.

• Original marriage certificate plus signed copy.
  • Signed copies of wife's ID and Tabien Baan.
  • Signed copies of your passport pages: ID page.
  • 2 x photos.
  • Application form Savannakhet .pdf
  • 5,000 baht.

in the corner of the square at the bus station 400 baht, clean big room with aircon, tv and fridge. cant remember the name

Thank you for the info.

Single entry 2000

5000 - I assume that is the price for multiple entry

It might be useful to know that the consulate is very busy on Monday mornings and Tuesday afternoons. The place is virtually deserted on Tue - Fri. You can just walk up to the counter hand in / pick up your stuff.

• Like 1

• 2 x photos.
  • 5,000 baht.

Hello,

we married in my country.

marriage is recognized in thailand.

my local amphur can give to us a kor ror 22

It will be enough or i should to translate the family book from my country ?

Thank you.

• 2 x photos.
  • 5,000 baht.

Hello,

we married in my country.

marriage is recognized in thailand.

my local amphur can give to us a kor ror 22

It will be enough or i should to translate the family book from my country ?

Thank you.

If the foreign marriage certificate is in English then it should be accepted on it's own. Otherwise it needs to be translated to Thai. The KR22 isn't normally required for getting a visa but take it with you.

You only need the documents listed above.

Thanks for your reply,

The marriage certificate is not in english so i have to translate it.

This translation have to be legalize by my embassy and the ministry of foreign affairs at chaeng watthana ?

I would like to help but I don't know the definitive answer so you will have to wait for someone else to answer.

It will be necessary to have the marriage certificate certified by your Embassy and the translation certified by the MFA if you are planning on getting an extension of stay from immigration. I'm not sure but I believe a certified translation is all that is required for the visa application.

Thanks for your reply,

This translation have to be legalize by my embassy and the ministry of foreign affairs at chaeng watthana ?

The marriage certificate has to be translated to to Thai and then be certified by the MFA,

You embassy will not legalize the translation. For a visa you will just need the translation done and the certification by the MFA.

To register your marriage at an Amphoe your marriage certificate would have to be authenticated by your embassy. They will a accept a self certification done as a statement if your embassy will not authenticate it . Either one would also have to translated and certified.

Thanks for your reply,

The marriage certificate has to be translated to to Thai and then be certified by the MFA,

You embassy will not legalize the translation. For a visa you will just need the translation done and the certification by the MFA.

To register your marriage at an Amphoe your marriage certificate would have to be authenticated by your embassy. They will a accept a self certification done as a statement if your embassy will not authenticate it . Either one would also have to translated and certified.

Do i have to translate my certificate marriage if it is register in thailand to get a multi visa non-o ?

Thanks for your reply,

Do i have to translate my certificate marriage if it is register in thailand to get a multi visa non-o ?

If you registered you marriage and got a Thai marriage certificate it would not need to be translated.

I was writing about registering a foreign marriage at an Amphoe. They would only issue a Kor Ror 22 as prove the marriage was registered. You would still need the translation of the foreign marriage certificate to prove your marriage.

Once you have the translation done there would never be a need to do it again. Just supply copies of it when required for a visa or extension application.

Does anyone know if you need to show funds or proof of income for the multiple O? Thanks.

Not if you are applying in Savannakhet. You should note that no financial proof was mentioned anywhere in this topic.

Does anyone know if you need to show funds or proof of income for the multiple O? Thanks.

Not if you are applying in Savannakhet. You should note that no financial proof was mentioned anywhere in this topic.

Thanks Joe, when you say not at Savannakhet, are you saying you have to show funds at other Thai consulates?

Thanks Joe, when you say not at Savannakhet, are you saying you have to show funds at other Thai consulates?

At some yes.

At least 100k baht in the bank or proof of income is needed to apply at Penang which is the only other nearby location that will do the multiple entry non-o.

At some yes.

At least 100k baht in the bank or proof of income is needed to apply at Penang which is the only other nearby location that will do the multiple entry non-o.

Very useful information. Thank you.

How fussy are they at both the Laos border for the entrance visa and at the Thai consulate about the sizes of the photos? I have three photos, but they're a little big. I've never had trouble using them for extensions at the Chiang Rai consulate, so I figure I should be fine.

How fussy are they at both the Laos border for the entrance visa and at the Thai consulate about the sizes of the photos? I have three photos, but they're a little big. I've never had trouble using them for extensions at the Chiang Rai consulate, so I figure I should be fine.

If they are the correct size (4 x 6 cm) for Thai immigration (their are no Thai consulates within the country) they are to big for both application forms.

The Lao visa form shows a 3 X 4 cm photo. Laos visa on arrival Savannakhet.pdf

The Thai visa form requires two 3.5 X 4.5 photos. Savannakhet 2501-01-31.PDF

You could try snipping the photos you have down to fit. It might be best to get some 3.5 X 4.5 cm photos that would both application forms though.

If they are the correct size (4 x 6 cm) for Thai immigration (their are no Thai consulates within the country) they are to big for both application forms.

The Lao visa form shows a 3 X 4 cm photo. attachicon.gifLaos visa on arrival Savannakhet.pdf

The Thai visa form requires two 3.5 X 4.5 photos.

You could try snipping the photos you have down to fit. It might be best to get some 3.5 X 4.5 cm photos that would both application forms though.

Thanks Joe, I'll get some new ones taken. And yeah, I mean immigration, not the consulate, whoops!

Edited by Bardeh

The little helpers running around the front gate checking folks paperwork and opposite the road were just trimming photos up to fit in the box, easy peasy.

COuld I ask also, I will be making the same crossing shortly ans was planning to get a visa on arrival, however, I might be passing either very early (4am) or very late (11pm), as I will be travelling with two others. Will the office at the bridge issues a visa at all times? Lastly, if you have dollars, its 35, right?

The Lao visa form shows a 3 X 4 cm photo. attachicon.gifLaos visa on arrival Savannakhet.pdf

The Thai visa form requires two 3.5 X 4.5 photos.

Thanks Joe, I'll get some new ones taken. And yeah, I mean immigration, not the consulate, whoops!

next door to the consulate you can get photo's 100 baht for 9 of them

COuld I ask also, I will be making the same crossing shortly ans was planning to get a visa on arrival, however, I might be passing either very early (4am) or very late (11pm), as I will be travelling with two others. Will the office at the bridge issues a visa at all times? Lastly, if you have dollars, its 35, right?am to

The bridge in Savannakhet is open from 6 am to 10 pm. The Lao visa on arrival office is only open from 8 am to 6 pm.

Best you plan on spending the night in Mukdahan. Then take the first bus at 7:30 am to Savannakhet from the bus station in Mukdahan unless you have your own transport to the bridge.

• Like 1

First of all @Mods we have 3 Threads like this why we don't stick one at the top of this forum? Just asking as this comes up all the time :)

Did it last week. My recommendations:

1. Flew there on Sunday , went over the bridge , waited 2 hours for Visa on Arrival (not normal but Beer Laos is good)

2. Savannaketh is boring.., but you can have beers and drinks with some funny people.

3. I can recommend the Avalon Residence 200%. Good one and you can walk to the Embassy. (takes like 15-20min)

4. TukTuk or Taxis are always 100THB per Person.. sure you can get discounts if you more than 2... I got bored fighting for the price.

5. NokAir works very well.. with Flight+Bus.. if you book early you get it quite cheap and comfortable.

6. Embassy on the Day you apply for the VIsa come early.. at 9am there are around 100-150 People depending on the Day.

7. Next Day getting the Visa you can come 20 min later as then most of the people are already gone.

8. Take a second Arrival Card when you leave THailand if you can, as you need it 2 days later and the bus is quite crowded over the Bridge.

So if arrive before 8 am. I can beat the que at the border?

You could beat it on the Laos side if you had a way across the bridge. The first bus across the bridge leaves Mukdahan at 7:30 and get to the bridge about 7:45.

If you wanted to avoid the wait or to be able to cross the bridge early or late you could get a Lao visa at the embassy in Bangkok or the consulate in Koen Khen. But to do it prior to 8 am or after the last bus you would need your own transport across the bridge. The last bus crosses about 7:15 PM.