Please Explain Thai Law - How Is One Held Responsible For The Actions Of Others

pistonpilot

That is the key. Was the person behind traveling at a reasonable rate of speed, so that he/she was able to brake in time? If they were to close (tailgating) or traveling at a rate of speed that was excessive for the trafiic conditions so that they couldn't stop in time, then they are at fault.

The standard defense is that "I just couldn't stop in time" to avoid hitting them. Most traffic officers in the U.S. will always ask,"Why couldn't you stop in time?" often the answer is, "I was hurrying home/to work/etc., and I just couldn't stop in time." Next question is, "And how fast WERE you going?"

:o

Yes Farang, that was my point, and even if they can prove that the motorcyclist had considerable fault, the truck driver is not totally blameless.

That is the key. Was the person behind traveling at a reasonable rate of speed, so that he/she was able to brake in time? If they were to close (tailgating) or traveling at a rate of speed that was excessive for the trafiic conditions so that they couldn't stop in time, then they are at fault.

The standard defense is that "I just couldn't stop in time" to avoid hitting them. Most traffic officers in the U.S. will always ask,"Why couldn't you stop in time?" often the answer is, "I was hurrying home/to work/etc., and I just couldn't stop in time." Next question is, "And how fast WERE you going?"

:o

Yes Farang, that was my point, and even if they can prove that the motorcyclist had considerable fault, the truck driver is not totally blameless.

A few quotes here. (speed, tailgating and not understanding the road rules) this is it for sure you can throw in more but I'll stop there.

I agree with Ned Zepplin here, good inssurance will help!

reply: Good insurance, but it pay's to understand fully as they charge the earth and not all are created equal. Have a look into this say after four years and you might get what I mean.

Plus It's not going to keep you out of jail from my understanding but it could help you out with cash payment for victims, and health care.

And to the person who posted his friend's accident diagram. I hope you aren't driving here. He turned in front of oncoming traffic, got hit, and it's the other guy's fault??

reply: The diagram didn't help your case, go back to the road rules and read about the right hand rule then you may understand why your at fault.

I'll think i will stick with my motocy

Idea: Did you mean motocycle remember this poor guy was killed.

A drunk male Thai came around the corner too fast, lost control and hit the side of the car. The driver of the car had top insurance. The police wrote up the report exactly as it happened; even including the fact that the motorcycle driver was drunk and at fault. The insurance company paid to fix both the car and motorcycle. My friend asked them why would they pay to fix the motorcycle when the driver was drunk and at fault? They replied, "you're in the bigger vehicle; that's the way the law works here".

reply: Can you tell me what insurance company pay's out when they know that the driver was drunk in Kingdom.

Cheers

C-Sip-degree