What Visa For 45 Year Old

Currently have an O visa Multiple entry issued at Hull for the purpose of visiting friends and family it's 9 months expired requires me to do 3 month exits.

What visa can I apply for when my daughter is born, my partner and I have reasons not to marry at this time.

Cheers

Currently have an O visa Multiple entry issued at Hull for the purpose of visiting friends and family it's 9 months expired requires me to do 3 month exits.

What visa can I apply for when my daughter is born, my partner and I have reasons not to marry at this time.

That’s good timing for the birth of your illegitimate child.

I find it difficult to believe, but if I am reading the relevant clause of Police Order 606/2006 correctly you are even better off than if you were married, because you do not need to show proof of income.

post-21260-1162075561_thumb.jpg

I suggest that you wait for Sunbelt to comment on it. If anyone, this law firm may already have had experience with this type of extension of stay since 1 October 2006.

---------------

Maestro

Edited by maestro

Cheers

[/quote

Hi,i just can tell u what the immigration in Bkk told me,it might be different from office to office and officer to officer,anyways,they told me to get a certificate from a Thai family court,saying that im the father,having that certificate they will still want to see prove of income[pension or whatever]in my case they wanted to see at least 400000baht per year,they were happy with a a stamped paper from german embassy saying how much pension i hv,hope it will help u,dont read to much in internet,it just makes u crazy,even if it is from the immigration,doesnt mean its right,it's all depending what the immigration officer wants to give u,good luck

Cheers

Opps,i forgot,make sure you are the father in the birth certificate

That’s good timing for the birth of your illegitimate child.

I find it difficult to believe, but if I am reading the relevant clause of Police Order 606/2006 correctly you are even better off than if you were married, because you do not need to show proof of income.

post-21260-1162075561_thumb.jpg

I suggest that you wait for Sunbelt to comment on it. If anyone, this law firm may already have had experience with this type of extension of stay since 1 October 2006.

---------------

Maestro

Interesting. Thanks for everyones replies. I will be happy if I can get the same terms as a married alien i.e. Have 400,000 deposited and do not have to do visa runs. Must be lots of us in this situation or are we all going the white wedding route?

I will be happy if I can get the same terms as a married alien i.e. Have 400,000 deposited and do not have to do visa runs.

400K in the bank is no longer an option for new applicants after 1 October 2006: it must be family income of minimum 40K/month. If you have that, you are covered both ways, if not, hope that a father does not need to show income.

(It’s the weekend now and hopefully Sunbelt will be here on Monday to shed light on it)

---------------

Maestro

I will be happy if I can get the same terms as a married alien i.e. Have 400,000 deposited and do not have to do visa runs.

400K in the bank is no longer an option for new applicants after 1 October 2006: it must be family income of minimum 40K/month. If you have that, you are covered both ways, if not, hope that a father does not need to show income.

(It’s the weekend now and hopefully Sunbelt will be here on Monday to shed light on it)

---------------

Maestro

Well,ijust read in the new rules that they dont want to see any prove of income anymore for a father of a thai child,but who knows,amazing thailand

Well,ijust read in the new rules that they dont want to see any prove of income anymore for a father of a thai child,but who knows,amazing thailand

Jflundy, after reading Punisher’s reference to paragraph 7.18 of Police Order 606/2006 in another thread I realise that paragraph 7.17, clause (4), which I mentioned earlier does not apply to you; it applies where the applicant for extension of stay is a foreign child not older than 20 years.

Where the applicant is a foreign father of a child of Thai nationality, it seems that paragraph 7.17, clause (5) or paragraph 7.18, clause (5) applies, but in both cases the applicant (i.e. the father) must be at least 50 years old, which you are not. Sorry to have raised your hopes first, only to destroy them now.

As far as I can see, there is no longer a provision for the unmarried father younger than 50 years of a child of Thai nationality. Strange!

---------------

Maestro