AC Repair Recommendation

cigar7

PK may be busy as he has lost some of his techs ....

Interesting. When I had them out to clean my aircon a few weeks ago they came the next day and they did not seem to be very busy. However there was an issue with the previous clean having been done badly by them, so maybe their staff changed after that.

My take on air-con repair people (and indeed all other tradesmen and staff of any type in Thailand) is that they may be brilliant one day and utter crap the next. You have to watch every single thing they do like a hawk if you want it done properly. Trust no one.

I used many of them, PK Air, jomtien Air, Numchai. The best service i got from Irish air.

Just last Saturday. I paid 550 baht for cleaning/service.

550B seems a lot when 400B is the going rate. When I contacted them a year or two ago they didnt even bother to reply, so nuts to them.

They did clean the AC with a kind of liquid soap. Never saw that before. Others used only plain water. They even removed the grid from the outdoor unit to clean it. Also that i never saw before. They worked about one hour. Who cares if it costs 200 baht more or less. I only want a good service.

Edited by alocacoc

They did clean the AC with a kind of liquid soap. Never saw that before. Others used only water. They even removed the grid from the outdoor unit to clean it. Also that i never saw before. They worked about one hour. Who cares if it costs 200 baht more or less. I only want a good service.

Interesting. When PK came to do mine for the second time (the first time having only lasted about 4 months) they also used some foamy chemical product that no one had ever used before and which seemed to dislodge a lot more crap. They didnt take the cover off the outdoor unit either time, though Numchai did the first time they came (but not the second).

PK were with me for around an hour as well.

I also do them myself now, bought the bag thing to catch the water from the AC shop next to Fascino and apart from that all you need is a stepladder a screwdriver and a low pressure water jet.