D Day For Oz (come On India!)

England won there last one day game but can Australia? It's do or die for them, a defeat against the hosts means an embarrassingly early exit for the pre tournament favourites. Ponting under pressure to score runs. A defeat and the ashes momentum is with England.

Come on India (and west indies who i backed at 20-1 before the comp started!)

England won there last one day game but can Australia? It's do or die for them, a defeat against the hosts means an embarrassingly early exit for the pre tournament favourites. Ponting under pressure to score runs. A defeat and the ashes momentum is with England.

Come on India (and west indies who i backed at 20-1 before the comp started!)

Yes, Australia won their last game and, unlike England, advance to the semis.

Australia comfortably beat India by 6 wickets with 26 balls to spare! Ponting scored a fast 58 despite the pressure, and Martyn with 73 n.o. was man of the match.

England have gone home to prepare for the the test series, while Australia continue on to seek victory in the ICC tournament. :o:D

Edited by Old Croc

You are a girlie mittheimp.A while ago you pointed the finger at NZ about apartheid, and when you were asked to back it up, your silence was golden.Want me to find the tread sonny??

don't see the relevance to this thread! Are you very very bored?

Don't know who to support in the first semi final - can i bring myself to support a fairly talentless and uninspiring New Zealand side who depend entirely on one batsman and their tactic of grinding teams down with their persistent mediocrity?

Oh go on then! They are playing Australia!