Thai govt invites people nationwide to follow its measure for saving energy

webfact

Govt invites people nationwide to follow its measure for saving energy

BANGKOK, 21 March 2016 (NNT) – The government promoting its four measures to conserve energy consumption, inviting the general public nationwide to participate in helping the Kingdom reduce energy usage.

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha revealed that the nation's annual energy consumption usually peaks between the hottest months of March and May. According to statistics, energy consumption is highest during 20 March to 30 May, with the daily peak recorded around 2-3 pm.

The government will request the public to cooperate by changing their electrical consumption habits. The government has issued four measures that will help the nation conserve energy, and can only be achieved through public cooperation.

The four measures include turning off all lights that are unnecessary, adjusting their air conditioning temperature to 26 degrees Celsius, disconnecting power cables that are not in use, switching to using "number 5" efficiency labeled electronics.

Power cables commonly left connected are the automatic water boiling machines, while the "number 5" labels are signs of efficient energy saving products. The public are also encouraged to alternatively use LED lights instead of normal light bulbs. LED light bulbs are capable of reducing up to 80% of energy usage.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-03-21 footer_n.gif

I often wonder about the choice of words used in Thailand. "Invites" doesn't seem to have the same connotation that "recommends" would.

"Promotion", and "understanding", are a couple other words that are often used that lead me to scratch my head.

They are sensible ideas however.

Sensible ideas yes.

The big problem is that people who are not paying the bill do not care.

During my time in hospital, nobody was living in our home but the electric bills were very high.

When my wife asked her father why were the bills so high.

His reply was why should i turn off the lights etc it is not me paying the bill.

With that mentality they will never conserve electric.

Sensible ideas yes.

The big problem is that people who are not paying the bill do not care.

During my time in hospital, nobody was living in our home but the electric bills were very high.

When my wife asked her father why were the bills so high.

His reply was why should i turn off the lights etc it is not me paying the bill.

With that mentality they will never conserve electric.

Seems it's time to make his blood boiling by letting him pay the next bill.

Edited by lostinisaan

One of the easiest ways for companies to reduce their electricity usage is to clean the cooling coils in the central air conditioning plant. Most companies cant be bothered but those that do rarely do it more often than every three months. This tedious, but important, task can reduce the humidity dramatically making it possible to increase the temperature without loss of comfort. In the real world organisations, such as the US Government use Ultra Violet C in all their public buildings thereby reducing energy consumption and eliminating air-borne diseases. In most commercial buildings a 10% reduction in Aircon energy consumption translates into 6% total energy savings.

I think EGAT should do more to encourage the domestic use of solar energy especially now that storage batteries are becoming available, one thing Thailand is unlikely to run out of is Solar energy so why not make better use of it?