American tourist found dead in Chiang Mai

webfact

Tragic-a lot of farang think Thailand is safe R.I P.

Ron

What does it have to do with being safe?

An awful lot of farang in Thailand move here when they are past their sell by date anyway, and would probably have popped their clogs in their home country.

It is only unusual here to report the death of a 66-year old non-celebrity by natural causes, which is what it seems to be in the absence of anything suspicious.

Death due to heat.

This was the same excuse police used in the death of a Dutch guy in prachuab khiri khan yesterday.

I'm sure we'll see many more similar excuses between now and rainy season

Like when they found 2 Swedish guys dead on the floor,in Mae Jo quite

a while ago, verdict from the police, Hypothermia well it makes a change

as it was in December.

regards worgeordie

Hypothermia for Swedish guys in Thailand... they must be joking as the quicksilver was still north of 0.

Just to compare us Swedish people an Thais: In Sweden we shower in the morning before going to work even if it's -30 degrees, here in Thailand many people don't shower at all if it's below +20 degrees because it's to cold...

So Swedes are used to cold weather and not hot, while Thais are used to hot weather and not cold. What's the big deal?

Hypothermia for Swedish guys in Thailand... they must be joking as the quicksilver was still north of 0.

Swedish tourist found dead in Thailand

Frozen to death outside his house

CHIANG MAI: A 59 year old Swedish tourist has been found dead in

Chiang Mai in North Thailand.

He fell asleep outside his house and froze to death.

On Thursday it was minus degrees in mountains around Chiang Mai,

Thailand's third biggest town. In the city of Chiang Mai the night

temperatures was around 10 degrees.

Was found by friends

The Swede was found dead by his friends a few kilometers outside Chiang Mai.

The man had propably been drunk and fallen asleep. There were no physical

wounds on his body, says the police in Chiang Mai.

The Swedish man had stayed several months in Thailand. He was wearing

long trousers and a long armed pullover when he was found dead. He

had went to sleep in a house extension without walls near the house

where he lived.

Death due to heat.

This was the same excuse police used in the death of a Dutch guy in prachuab khiri khan yesterday.

I'm sure we'll see many more similar excuses between now and rainy season

Like when they found 2 Swedish guys dead on the floor,in Mae Jo quite

a while ago, verdict from the police, Hypothermia well it makes a change

as it was in December.

regards worgeordie

Just to compare us Swedish people an Thais: In Sweden we shower in the morning before going to work even if it's -30 degrees, here in Thailand many people don't shower at all if it's below +20 degrees because it's to cold...

So Swedes are used to cold weather and not hot, while Thais are used to hot weather and not cold. What's the big deal?

The Swedes died of hypothermia in Thailand,still don't understand?

regards Worgeordie

American Matthew Jason Spurlock, 39, Identified as Chiang Mai Motorcycle Crash Victim

CHIANG MAI -Police in Chiang Mai have release the identity of the foreigner who was killed when he crashed a black Suzuki 650cc motorcycle into a construction barrier on Super Highway Road in Central Chiang Mai intersecting with Kham Thiang Market.

According to Police Matthew Jason Spurlock, 39 from the United State was riding the black Suzuki motorcycle that crashed Sunday morning near a market in Chiang Mai Thailand.

The 39-year-old from Prestonsburg Kentucky had been traveling through Eastern Asia for the past couple of months.

Full story: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/american-matthew-jason-spurlock-39-identified-as-chiang-mai-motorcycle-crash-victim.html

crt.png
-- Chiang Rai Times 2016-03-31

Road signage in T'land very poor. Drive along easily at 90 kph, suddenly without warning a small red cone over a deep and wide manhole.

Or just try to follow a twisting divided hiway around CM, the roadside is littered with junk messages directing us to some motel 15 km away, or worse, the road divides and no mention is made of which path goes where.

Well, i guess all this is part of national Thainess; a depleted mental state shared amongst Thai people.

Road signage in T'land very poor. Drive along easily at 90 kph, suddenly without warning a small red cone over a deep and wide manhole.

Or just try to follow a twisting divided hiway around CM, the roadside is littered with junk messages directing us to some motel 15 km away, or worse, the road divides and no mention is made of which path goes where.

Well, i guess all this is part of national Thainess; a depleted mental state shared amongst Thai people.

So you don't think the angry speeding and the drinking had anything to do with it then?

So you don't think the angry speeding and the drinking had anything to do with it then?

RIP to Mr Spurlock

"So you don't think the angry speeding and the drinking had anything to do with it then?"

Surely you don't expect people to give up an opportunity to bash, blame and deride Thailand sir?

RIP to Mr Spurlock

"So you don't think the angry speeding and the drinking had anything to do with it then?"

Surely you don't expect people to give up an opportunity to bash, blame and deride Thailand sir?

Ah, good point.

^ I guess we're combining deaths into one topic based on nationality?

I think this was the case I read about on FB recently; although no details were given. They were raising money to have the decedents remains repatriated. I was surprised at what they were saying the cost to repatriate one's remains is. I could be wrong but I believe they needed over 250K THB to get him home.

I think this was the case I read about on FB recently; although no details were given. They were raising money to have the decedents remains repatriated. I was surprised at what they were saying the cost to repatriate one's remains is. I could be wrong but I believe they needed over 250K THB to get him home.

The family raised $19,000+ usd. To ship a dead body. The money was raised via "go fund me". Maybe all of us in financial need should ask for such favours? Sorry but I have little sympathy for seasoned bike rider..speeding... And maybe angry and or drunk. That money should have been raised privately via family and close friends. I was even asked to chip in.. Never met the man.

Facebook put it together a couple of days ago. He wasn't going along the highway. Witnesses reported speeding from the old city going north so T-boned the guard rail.

Most normal people would have slowed down coming to the intersection. But this guy hit a girl on a motorbike and slammed into the guard rail concrete blocks. Speeding? Just a little and so tough he didn't need a helmet. Drunk? Who knows, probably didn't breathalyze him, couldn't blow in the bag. Dead? Yes.

It's a 50km per hour road. Do the correct speed and everything is avoided and hundreds of people don't have to pay to repatriate you. Oh by the way, buy insurance.

The family raised $19,000+ usd. To ship a dead body. The money was raised via "go fund me". Maybe all of us in financial need should ask for such favours? Sorry but I have little sympathy for seasoned bike rider..speeding... And maybe angry and or drunk. That money should have been raised privately via family and close friends. I was even asked to chip in.. Never met the man.

Why not a quick temple pyre burning, then forward the ashes by Federal Express: a solution even I am considering upon my demise.