Top Tip:

libya 115

When arriving at the new airport, here is a top tip that will get you through immigration in 2 minutes.

When walking towards the left-turn immigration turn off point, continue walking towards the signposted 'air staff immigration' point: there are two separate hidden immigration counters here where service is quick and efficient.

I was told to do this by an immigration employee who explained it is always manned and very quiet all day, because 99.99% of arriving passengers don't use (it).

I was told to do this by an immigration employee who explained it is always manned and very quiet all day, because 99.99% of arriving passengers don't use (it).

And now that you've posted this, starting tomorrow 99.99% of the passengers will be using it and it'll be the longest queue of them all. :o

And now that you've posted this, starting tomorrow 99.99% of the passengers will be using it and it'll be the longest queue of them all. :o

I did think long and hard, before posting this TOP TIP. But I did the mathematics first. I estimated that around 25,000 people view this forum per day and that about 0.05% of them will be arriving in Thailand in the next 7 days.

Around 75% of those arriving will bottle out and not use this TOP TIP and immigration check point, so that leaves just 3 people checking through this immigration point in the next 7 days. :D

Yes, but good information spreads quickly....someone here tries it and reposts about how great it is, and also posts it elsewhere on the internet, plus tell all their friends, who in turn post about it to the internet and/or tell their friends. Of course I wasn't being serious about it being full tomorrow, but give it a couple months and it likely won't be anywheres near as quick as it is now. But I will definitely try your suggestion when I arrive later this week. Thanks for the tip.

If it does start getting queues, my guess the pilots and flight attendants will have something to say about it. :o

I read the original post to mean that next to the immigration counter reserved for airline staff there are two counters available for regular passengers, little used because they are not easily visible from the general area of immigration counters.

Libya 115, did I get it right?

---------------

Maestro

I read the original post to mean that next to the immigration counter reserved for airline staff there are two counters available for regular passengers, little used because they are not easily visible from the general area of immigration counters

My misunderstanding, that makes more sense now.

If it does start getting queues, my guess the pilots and flight attendants will have something to say about it. :o

I read the original post to mean that next to the immigration counter reserved for airline staff there are two counters available for regular passengers, little used because they are not easily visible from the general area of immigration counters.

Libya 115, did I get it right?

---------------

Maestro

Yes, that is correct: they are available for anyone to use, but the signposting and the fact they are quite separate from the main immigration area means they are little used. In fact after walking through you are at the very first baggage carousel. :D

Yes, that is correct: they are available for anyone to use, but the signposting and the fact they are quite separate from the main immigration area means they are little used. In fact after walking through you are at the very first baggage carousel. :o

Ok, with that clarified (thank you, Libya 115), let’s try to pinpoint it on a map, and we ThaiVisa members will have our very own and exclusive two immigration counters:

post-21260-1162137371_thumb.jpg

Libya 115, did I put that fat red arrow in the right place?

---------------

Maestro

Yes, that is correct: they are available for anyone to use, but the signposting and the fact they are quite separate from the main immigration area means they are little used. In fact after walking through you are at the very first baggage carousel. :o

Ok, with that clarified (thank you, Libya 115), let’s try to pinpoint it on a map, and we ThaiVisa members will have our very own and exclusive two immigration counters:

post-21260-1162137371_thumb.jpg

Libya 115, did I put that fat red arrow in the right place?

---------------

Maestro

I have studied the diagram: it seems incomplete. After I exited immigration I was immediately upon baggage carousel number 1. So your diagram is nearly correct yet the red arrow should be even further left, in a void.

Around 75% of those arriving will bottle out and not use this TOP TIP and immigration check point, so that leaves just 3 people checking through this immigration point in the next 7 days. :o

Ok, I've got first dibs on being one of those 3 people, and Salty has claimed the number 2 spot. Who'll be number 3? The rest of you will have to wait till next week to try it out.

I have studied the diagram: it seems incomplete. After I exited immigration I was immediately upon baggage carousel number 1. So your diagram is nearly correct yet the red arrow should be even further left, in a void.

If the arrow was any further to the left, you'd be in the domestic arrival area.

If the arrow was any further to the left, you'd be in the domestic arrival area.

But did they by any chance change the numbering sequence of the carousels? Do the numbers now start with 1 in the international arrival area? (The diagram starts with 1 in domestic arrival and continues with 7-22 in international arrival)

Just asking. For all I know, it might be so.

---------------

Maestro

Arrived Wednesday afternoon and set off at a fast pace to immigration. Long haul but used walkways so it was nice to stretch legs. I have to report I must have missed left turn libya 115 referred to in his post. I arrived at the top at immigration. As there was only 1 in front I was delighted. As it transpired luggage was on belt 22 I think directly beyond immigration booths and I could see Gate C just beyond customs as I waited for bags. So 2 hidden counters would have been at the other end of international terminal next to domestic. I noticed a build up at immigration behind as I waited for bags as the slower passengers began to arrive en masse.

I did glance left as I waited for about 30 seconds for guy in front to clear immigration but I was not going to start searching when things were so hunky dory. :o

I have some pretty detailed maps; I believe when you exit Immigration from the counters discussed here you would be looking at baggage carousel 11. These counters are the first ones that arriving pax from concourses C & D (some) would see so they could be crowded if flights had docked at those gates.

I tried out the tip last night. There was only one station there being manned, but had a closed sign and they guy looked like he didn't want to be disturbed, so I simply went down a few booths to one without anyone in line. Total time at immigration: 50 seconds. Total time from my plane at gate C1 to exiting customs: 8 minutes. GREAT! I love Suvarnabhumi on arrivals. It's a huge improvement on Don Muang.

Out of two flights in two days, both used contact gates (no busing), so if this continues I won't really have any signifcant complaints anymore about the airport.

i hope this is true, as i will be trying it out in a week... =)

Agent 008, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to hand-carry a sign with you into the corridor leading to the two "hidden" immigration counters. Your sign, which should have two hooks, should be deftly slipped over the existing signage. It should read: "TV Members Only" in 72-point font, minimum. Your reward? Just post your bank account number and any relevant passwords to this thread, and the moderator will make a hefty reward contribution into your coffers. All parties agree? :o