Tourist visa at the Thai Embassy in Manila...

A quick search online mentioned a few potential problems in getting tourist visas at the Thai Embassy in Manila. A few questions I have for anyone who has went through the process are:

1. How long will it take to get the visa? (I read on one site that it takes 2 days to do so)

2. I also read that I need bank statements for both me and my girlfriend showing we have at least $500 in the bank in order to secure the visas...is that the case? (all the money is in my name right now).

3. Will i need a return ticket to the Philippines in order to get the visa?

4. Are there any issues with Filpinas getting at 2 month (plus 1 month extension) tourist visa?

5. Would it be easier just to go to Thailand on a normal 30 day visa and get a 2+1 tourist visa in Vientianne (or another nearby country) after it expires? Can I get a visa there in a single day?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by Alk

There is no info on embassy website for getting visas other than the application form. See: http://www.thaiembassymnl.ph/images/stories/file/visa-application-form.pdf

1. Two days sound about right. I can recall reports you pick it up the next day after applying which in embassy speak is 2 days.

2. The norm is the equivalent of 20k baht financial proof which a little more than $500. Not sure if you can show your proof for both of you.

3. You will not need a return ticket to Manila but will likely need one out of Thailand. Your friend will need a return to Manila though to leave.

4. Normally not that hard but the financial and tickets will be needed.