Justice min says he will fire Praewa's parole official if accusation against him are true

webfact

How about putting Ms Praewa in jail if it can be proven that she hasn't performed her community service.

Surely the hospital has CCTV cameras in the entrance.

What I glean from the report is that this particular hospital is not an approved venue for community service. You usually do not get to just chose anywhere to do your time.

The main issue here, as far as Thai regulations are concerned, is that she was required under Probation's rules to do the community service in the province where she lives, which apparently is Nonthaburi, while the military hospital mentioned is in a different province. Thus work there technically wouldn't meet her obligation.

That nuance aside, it would be interesting to have someone independent and unbiased to actually check to confirm if she really did the community service at the government hospital vs. someone just signing her off as having done the work despite being in absentia.

As a former Probation Officer/Parole Officer I could have been said to harass offenders continually when they failed to comply with Court orders! Community penalties are an alternative to a custodial sentence and therefore must be strictly enforced. Failure to do so initially results in formal warnings which state the consequences ( threats?) should the offender continue with their breach! In short order, failure to adhere to the terms of any licence/order results in a return to Court and probably imprisonment! The offender cannot choose where and when to perform Community Service. That is up to the Probation Service. I hope his/her immediate bosses back the Officer concerned on this and don't bow to "unqualified" Army pressure!

Wait...what?

The parole official will be fired, because the spoiled brat complained about him, because he followed the letters of the extremely soft verdict?

Is that, what this is about?

Mind!

Blown!

Breakfast!

Vomited!

bah.gif

Or is another / different aspect of this laughable and sorry saga - ms hiso brat ignored her parole officer and the court orders (no doubt in writing) and went right ahead with arrangements (for Comm. service) which suited her and without checking with her parole officer if 'her' venue was acceptable.

And now it seems she has completed 137 hrs of comm. service at 'her' chosen venue and the venue (a military hospital) didn't even check anything before letting her go ahead. This is how I read the saga.

If That's in fact true then why didn't her parole officer already, some months ago report all of this to his / her superiors?

I do wonder on another point - is the parole officer just too frightened to say anything at all?