Bank Website Problems

Daren

Recently I have been unable to login to my American bank's web site (www.chase.com). Previously I have had no problems at all! I can open the home page and all other non-secure pages on the site but when I attempt to login I get an infinitely spinning "load" logo. I have tried killing the cache, zapping all cookies, restating modem and puter, different browsers and screaming at both router and computer. There are no proxies set up... Nothing works. The only other site I've found that I cannot get into is ThaiAir.com. For some reason it times out too. Here's the deeet's:

www,chase.com

TOT ADSL 512/256

D-Link G604T ADSL wireless router

Mac PowerBook 12" - OSX 10.4.8

Safari v2.0.4 AND Firefox v1.5.0.7

I'druther not go to a cafe to open my bank account.... any tips, ideas, effective computer threats? I consider myself to be fairly computer literate... so go ahead and use your big words. All help is much appreciated!!! :D:o

Edited by Daren

You do not need IE tab to open Chase and just used it on Firefox 2.0. First screen however was a request to update contact information rather than the normal (in my case) credit card. But everything displayed fine - first time use in Firefox 2.0 but had been using 1.5 without problem before.

I know nothing about Apple but, let me take a stab. Make sure that you have the Scripts enabled for that site, the free Macromedia Reader and Java loaded and then it should work. Again I know little about Macs.

Getting Firefox 2.0 now. This problem is odd to me because I could get into the site no problem before, and now NADA! Grrr!

---

Got FF 2.0... same problem :o

Might want to check your firewall settings on the router and your PC in case something changed, specificially port 443 (https). Also in FF, select "Options" "Advanced" "Security" and make sure all three SSL boxes are checked.

I know nothing about Apple but, let me take a stab. Make sure that you have the Scripts enabled for that site, the free Macromedia Reader and Java loaded and then it should work. Again I know little about Macs.

Java and JS are both enabled. I'm not sure what you mean about the Macromedia Reader... Googled and found nuffin.

Might want to check your firewall settings on the router and your PC in case something changed, specificially port 443 (https). Also in FF, select "Options" "Advanced" "Security" and make sure all three SSL boxes are checked.

Done and done.... no change.

most likely your ISP.. the best way is to avoid ya ISP all together use an SSH tunnel to ya home country

I think this is really weird because, as I said, I was able to use the site without any issues just 3 weeks ago. As for SSH, is that really a viable method of surfing one's bank site?

Recently I have been unable to login to my American bank's web site (www.chase.com). Previously I have had no problems at all! I can open the home page and all other non-secure pages on the site but when I attempt to login I get an infinitely spinning "load" logo. I have tried killing the cache, zapping all cookies, restating modem and puter, different browsers and screaming at both router and computer. There are no proxies set up... Nothing works. The only other site I've found that I cannot get into is ThaiAir.com. For some reason it times out too. Here's the deeet's:

www,chase.com

TOT ADSL 512/256

D-Link G604T ADSL wireless router

Mac PowerBook 12" - OSX 10.4.8

Safari v2.0.4 AND Firefox v1.5.0.7

I'druther not go to a cafe to open my bank account.... any tips, ideas, effective computer threats? I consider myself to be fairly computer literate... so go ahead and use your big words. All help is much appreciated!!! :D:o

This happened to me about 8 months ago with TOT ISP, but a different secure bank site. Did everything to get in..............then one day (after about 2 weeks) bingo! no problem so its really just one of those things. I would contact your ISP and talk to them.

Daren - Chase (JP Morgan) may have blocked access from your area due to phishing attempts or your account has been blocked due to multiple inaccurate login attempts.

First try the following secure login link: https://chaseonline.chase.com/chaseonline/logon/sso_logon.jsp

If that doesn't work, I would telephone or email Chase and enquire as to your problem.

References:

What is Phishing?

Security warning concerning pfishing of Chase accounts

waldwolf

waldwolf, I'm pretty sure it's not a matter of inaccurate login attempts. Two people in the household have tried, unsuccessfully, to login. I highly doubt that we both made multiple mistakes when attempting to sign in. As for the phishing, could be possible. I guess phoning the ISP and chase.com are the next logical steps.

Thanks to everyone who took time to help out.

.....I'm pretty sure it's not a matter of inaccurate login attempts. Two people in the household have tried, unsuccessfully, to login. I highly doubt that we both made multiple mistakes when attempting to sign in.....
I was actually thinking more along the lines that some "hacker" got part of your personal information and was attempting to access your account. To be on the safe side, I'd get Chase to change my login name and issue a new password.

good luck

waldwolf