Lifetime ban to be considered on Mercedes Benz driver in Ayutthaya fatal crash

webfact

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am pretty sure a few years of pretending to be too sick will solve the problem and avoid a court appearance. After all, this is how cases involving the Amart kids are expected to end up. Really sorry for those two hapless University Students. I wonder if inviting those Hong Kong experts are going to discover a case of sudden unintended acceleration of the vehicle. Perhaps it was caused by a very heavy right foot on the gas pedal?

What and enforce a recall of all MB cars that model...........I very much doubt it.

Twenty five years to life in prison would be more appropriate and send a message at the same time.

I only hear gnuu gnuu blah blah from the government, drinking and driving, texting and driving go hand, motor manslaughter, all acceptable here.

Just look at the measures they are taking for Songkran. Impounding vehicles and then giving them back as a punishment for drink driving...

<deleted> off!

This guy should be in prison for life. A complete disregard for other's lives and bribery.

Lifetime ban for driving. They're getting desperate.

Of course accidents of this impact NEVER happen where we come from, and while I have knowledge of several such accidents in the past in Europe, I don'y recall any of them was sentenced to life in prison.

But then the judge also wasn't a keyboard warrior.

Please tell us about them so that we will know that they are not figments of your imagination. rolleyes.gif

If MB go along with their dealer on this case, then they will be doing a lot of damage to not only their reputation, but of German manufacturers in general as they are quite highly respected at the present. sad.png

What ?

<deleted> off!

This guy should be in prison for life. A complete disregard for other's lives and bribery.

Lifetime ban for driving. They're getting desperate.

Of course accidents of this impact NEVER happen where we come from, and while I have knowledge of several such accidents in the past in Europe, I don'y recall any of them was sentenced to life in prison.

But then the judge also wasn't a keyboard warrior.

Please tell us about them so that we will know that they are not figments of your imagination. rolleyes.gif
And please show an example in Europe of this magnitude where the offender killed someone and did not receive any jail time.

Any good physicist can determine the speed of the car simply by timing the distance traveled between highway markers that anyone can go and measure the distance between the markers.

Calculating speed isn't even a physics problem, it's just a math problem.

Wanting to know impact forces and energy released/absorbed - now that would be a physics problem.

Any good physicist can determine the speed of the car simply by timing the distance traveled between highway markers that anyone can go and measure the distance between the markers.

Calculating speed isn't even a physics problem, it's just a math problem.

Wanting to know impact forces and energy released/absorbed - now that would be a physics problem.

How do you plan on solving the math problem without the physics equation?

"The new Mercedes Benz models have a black box just like planes."

No, they don't. They do have an ECU controlling the cars various functions, that's all, no "black boxes".

Same same but different,

you say potato I say potato.

It is a combination of Hardware and software like a computer with memory, so they can take out the data from last trip. It is not a black box, but it does have the same functionality (logs of incidents)

please see wiki info on ECU

In automotive electronics, Electronic Control Unit (ECU) is a generic term for any embedded system that controls one or more of the electrical system or subsystems in a motor vehicle.
Types of ECU include Electronic/engine Control Module (ECM), Powertrain Control Module (PCM), Transmission Control Module (TCM), Brake Control Module (BCM or EBCM), Central Control Module (CCM), Central Timing Module (CTM), General Electronic Module (GEM), Body Control Module (BCM), Suspension Control Module (SCM), control unit, or control module. Taken together, these systems are sometimes referred to as the car's computer. (Technically there is no single computer but multiple ones.) Sometimes one assembly incorporates several of the individual control modules (PCM is often both engine and transmission)
Some modern motor vehicles have up to 80 ECUs. Embedded software in ECUs continues to increase in line count, complexity, and sophistication. Managing the increasing complexity and number of ECUs in a vehicle has become a key challenge for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).

I think you are right.

I have a car manufactured in 1989 with a GM ECU. It has a host of datalogging functions built in including throttle position, gear selected, speed, rpm, g force fore and aft (both positive and negative) as well as many others that would be irrelevant to this investigation such as air/fuel ratio, coolant temp, air temp and so on.

Some of the datalogging is derived I think in that g force can be calculated from acceleration and gear position can be derived from speed and rpm.

I have recorded data logs over an hour long using a very old lap top with 120 Mb storage (old because I communicate with the ECU via a serial interface). My usage was mostly in looking at cooling system and braking performance (the latter comparing two different cars of the same model).

That is what GM were doing 27 years ago so it is not hard to envisage a high end Benz doing all those things and more with on board data storage in 2016.

The Red Bull guy and this one should share a cell together for a long time so no driver's license will be needed. One has to wonder whether they will try to give the Mercedes rep a brown envelope too.

I think this step has already been done. "Foreign expert" - sure thing.

" his family stated that he will be making reparations and compensation to the family of the deceased victims, and will also enter monkhood as a merit making."

What a load of crap! No charges for manslaughter, etc, just a confiscation of his driving licence, and a week living in a local temple.

Then in a few months time he can legally change his name and get another driving licence.

To quote you, "What a load of crap!" indeed.

Investigations are ongoing and charges have been made re the deaths. Nowhere has it been said that only merit-making and the loss of his licence is the punishment.

Crap! You said it!

Investigations are being avoid and no charges have been made!

Only thing happening is the family making lots of monetary offers. (Check out facebook for details)

What do you mean by check out facebook?

Wow.

This is exactly the reason farangs will never become Thai citizens.

We just don't understand how it's done here.

Can you imagine what would happen?

Thai is happy the way it is.

We would upset the balance. If

Don't you read the comments here? We know exactly how this corruption hell is working.