Airport Rail Link fails second time this week

webfact

Airport Rail Link Fails Second Time This Week
By Sasiwan Mokkhasen
Staff Reporter

14588140801458814111l.jpg
Airport Rail Link in an undated file photo. Photo: Public Relations Department

BANGKOK — The Airport Rail Link was paralyzed for the second time this week Thursday afternoon, leaving passengers stuck for almost an hour.

The state railway announced it resumed the operation at 4:44pm, about one hour after it stopped running due to a track switch failure between the Ratchaprarop and Phaya Thai stations.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1458814080&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-03-25

Airport Rail Link Board Meeting:

"What happened to the maintenance budget? It's not there anymore, I looked!"

"You looked? That's great initiative, I'll take a note of that."

"Remember that golfing trip for families and friends? First class, 5 starts, All You Can Eat?"

"yea, I won the tournament..., oops. Ahem,...let's just bless the crap out of them trains, 'kay?"

"Anyone recording this? No dash cams allowed in here!"

The PM and Tourism of Thailand should take a look at this service and the condition of the Express Trains, which at no longer Express.

For a lot of tourist this is the third chance to see how wonderful The LOS is. (1) Customs, (2) Baggage Claim and (3) Rail Service.

The trains are too crowded most of the time leaving either end of the service, then all the local commuters add to the crowded trains. There is no Express Trains meant to serve the traveling public, only the local service. The Express Cars have a lot of seats removed. The seat covers are filthy, the Capet is faded and dirty.

My first full time job as a young boy was with the Seaboard Railway and back in 1950 they knew how to run a railroad, Airport Rail needs a lot of help. Some station elevators have been inoperative all the time I have been using almost daily since August 2015, once something breaks in Thailand that becomes the new norm !

Have they not realised yet that they should employ professional engineers not people who call themselves engineers? I guess though that would mean bringing in people from other countries and we cant have that can we? Better that everyone is inconvenienced than get people who know what they are doing

The MRT, then the BTS, and now the Airport Link, all within about the last 10 weeks. I'm predicting a catastrophic train wreck in Bangkok's future.

I'm no fan of BTS's management, whom I view as totally incompetent. But from the maintenance and service continuation viewpoint, it hasn't done too badly. Likewise the MRT; though minus the management criticism.