Online Streaming Radio

mglaser

If you get Spotify Premium you only have to use a VPN during signup as you can use it abroad without problems. Make sure though that you get a Google Play or ITunes account in the us to download an app. And make sure you have a payment option in the US.

Other options in Thailand are Apple Music (185 baht) or Deezer (similar price). Apple gives you a three month trial for free.

Edited by sniffdog

If you get Spotify Premium you only have to use a VPN during signup as you can use it abroad without problems. Make sure though that you get a Google Play or ITunes account in the us to download an app. And make sure you have a payment option in the US.

Other options in Thailand are Apple Music (185 baht) or Deezer (similar price). Apple gives you a three month trial for free.

Tune In is free and hundreds of channels to listen to

Tunein is ok. Really mixed bag as far as quality. Some statIons stream at 96k, some 128 and some 192. Really hard to find stations streaming over 192.... Most at 128 which doesn't sound that great.

I prefer the paid services (like Apple Music) at 256k streaming. You can also get Pandora with no problem with a VPN or proxy. I recommend EVERY expat to have a VPN service in this environment.

I'm ditto'ing TuneIn.

Hundreds of US FM stations and thousands of Internet only.

I'm an NPR kinda guy, all my favorites are there; KQED, KPBS, WHYY, WBUR and many many more.

The TuneIn android app has a pretty neat Car Mode which makes listening in the car just the same as listening in your car at home.

I've also had good luck with TuneIn app. But it should be noted that even on TuneIn, there are certain US stations that will not stream unless you are using VPN. Suggest you get a VPN account with PrivateInternetAccess or one of the other popular VPN providers. Another word of advice: Make sure you keep at least 1 US credit card! There may be things you want like US iTunes store access that require a US card. With VPN and US credit card, you'll never be locked out of anything.

WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TUNEIN RADIO AND TUNEIN RADIO PRO?

Whether you want to hear music, sports, news or current events, TuneIn Radio offers over 100,000 real radio stations, for you to choose from, all for free.

In addition to the same great TuneIn Radio experience, TuneIn Radio Pro lets you record what you are listening to for a one-time price of $9.99 and does not have banner ads.

Please note that the selection of radio stations is exactly the same whether you're using the TuneIn Radio or TuneIn Radio Pro.

http://help.tunein.com/customer/portal/articles/913969-what-s-the-difference-between-tunein-radio-and-tunein-radio-pro-

Whether you want to hear music, sports, news or current events, TuneIn Radio offers over 100,000 real radio stations, for you to choose from, all for free.

In addition to the same great TuneIn Radio experience, TuneIn Radio Pro lets you record what you are listening to for a one-time price of $9.99 and does not have banner ads.

Please note that the selection of radio stations is exactly the same whether you're using the TuneIn Radio or TuneIn Radio Pro.

http://help.tunein.com/customer/portal/articles/913969-what-s-the-difference-between-tunein-radio-and-tunein-radio-pro-

PRO has a record option. Edited by flyDelight

Tunein pro allows you to record(save) to your device either your phone or PC to listen to when you have no internet access

I record a number of my favourite radio programs so I can enjoy them when flying back to the uk for example